dload station help

amtrack505

can anyone help me. i was dloading csx gp40 and when the dload got to the end it stoped in its tracks and ends up not dloading. is there a way to fix this.if not well ill have to suffer.:hehe:

I have no idea what method you were using to download but have you tried downloading via ftp and putting it into a temp folder? Then import it into whatever version of Trainz you're using.

Bob

You're useing the DLS directly from the Auran website or via CMP or CM2? If you're still having trouble, try downloading using ftp to get a complete file, then import it into Trainz.

Bob

FTP = File Transfer Protocol. If you go to the top of this page and click Download Station you'll get the Trainz download webpage. If you search for and find an asset that you want you'll have three choices. Pick Download Page. This will give you another small window in which you select Download (FTP). Save to a temp folder on your harddrive. This should get you the whole file onto your computer so that you can the use CM2's File - Import CDP function. This method doesn't get dependent assets so CM2 is the best method to get kuids from the DLS.

Bob

Guys, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what your saying(if not please forgive me, it's called 4 kids and 43 hours of no sleep
icon7.gif
). Here's what I do.

I download everything into it's own folder, i%e Locomotives(and their dependecies), Rolling stock, loads, structure, track, vehicles etc. Then I go one step further. I make a note of the kuid number and item description as it appears on the DLS or where ever I download it from. Later I put everything on CD.

Why go through all this trouble. Well a short while ago, I lost the internet, and my old computer went booooom. With out taking the above measures all of my downloaded content would have been lost. Some of which I truely enjoy, namely bendorsey's bridges and BNSF50's grade crossings and signals.

I currently have around 7 or 8 CD's that are used soley as back up. They have even come to the aid of the creators of some of content that I have put on them. Now this is just how I do things and it may not work for you. But as I found out with my HO Scale trains, there is no right or wrong way to do every thing. So do ever you find works for you. And as AL Kalmbach (Model RailRoader Founder) put it, Model RailRoading is fun.
Enjoy, Stay Safe and
Run Eight.
Sam
P.S. If I rambled please forgive. I think It's bed time for daddy.
icon10.gif

Back