How do I make a re-skin appear on a train?

Bernard430

Qualified Witchdoctor
Hi

I need some help with re-skining. I have just started, and my first one (a class 455) went very well, but I recetly tried to resking peterdhicks Class 222, and whenever I open Content Creator Plus, it always says something like 'failed to load body' (body is the main skin)and when you use it in the game, it just appears as a blank mesh. Does anyone know how to fix this? Help will be very much apprciated.

Cheers,
Bernard

Hi

I need some help with re-skining. I have just started, and my first one (a class 455) went very well, but I recetly tried to resking peterdhicks Class 222, and whenever I open Content Creator Plus, it always says something like 'failed to load body' (body is the main skin)and when you use it in the game, it just appears as a blank mesh. Does anyone know how to fix this? Help will be very much apprciated.

Cheers,
Bernard

Check the texture size on the original and on your reskin. If they differ by more than a 1kb then check to see if you have uncompressed .tga files.

Cheerio John

I had a member tell me CCP showed an error that needed a texture file and image for the interior of my Trackside Cameras when there is no image in the view of these cameras! So that tells me that something is wrong with CCP.

I am going through the same thing as you at the moment. If you watch this thread, you might get an answer. (hopefully)

@johnwhelan-Doing that right now!

Cheers,
Bernard

Check the texture size on the original and on your reskin. If they differ by more than a 1kb then check to see if you have uncompressed .tga files.

They have different sizes, one is 3mb (the original) and the other is 1.18mb. How do you compress the files?

Cheers,
Bernard

They have different sizes, one is 3mb (the original) and the other is 1.18mb. How do you compress the files?

Cheers,
Bernard

You need uncompressed files. When you save the file look at the options and take off anything that looks like compression.

If you tell us which graphics package you are using we can give you more precise instructions. PaintShop Pro you just change the default and it remembers.

Cheerio John

It would probably help if you were to describe the process you used, step by step, to try and make your reskin. And copy/paste the exact error message.

I noticed in TRS 09-10 they dont like.Tga files so save the image as a .jpg or .bmp and change the reference to the new extension.(Thats the text file with the same name as the image)

hth,
hert

I noticed in TRS 09-10 they dont like.Tga files so save the image as a .jpg or .bmp and change the reference to the new extension.(Thats the text file with the same name as the image)

hth,
hert

Huh? TS2010 uses .tga files just fine. You do have to make sure they are not RLE compressed though. Far as I know none of the Trainz versions like RLE compressed .tga files.

hth,
hert

I use .tga files all the time with TS2010 its just compressed ones that Trainz doesn't like. If you do use .jpg then you get a performance hit on versions less than TS2009, also every time you edit the file you lose detail so be very careful with .jpg files.

Cheerio John

Hey hey! Good news! I simply needed to un compress the files, and the error message isn't appearing any more, and they work in game! Thanks for all the help!

Cheers,
Bernard

Back