Reading Line 2.0 screenshots! (56k warning)

mertztown is slightly off there are 3 tracks at crossing and one gose into atlas chemical plant ^^

At least as of 2000, that siding into the Atlas plant had been abandoned for some time. I don't remember if the tracks were totally ripped out past the street or not, but Norfolk Southern only used a portion of the old spur for a bad-order set off point and occasional MOW equipment storage. If it has been rebuilt, please show me some sort of evidence so i can rebuilt it.

As of now, this is what the tracks in Mertztown look like in the route:

You can see i have the siding in there, but it no longer goes past the road and into the plant.

~Roon

P.S. I have new pictures to post as soon as Kevin can upload them, but i know he's incredibly busy right now, and a file i gave him recently probably made him even more so, so be patient.

Last edited:
may i ask your comp spec, :)

Athlon FX-55 @2.85ghz
Asus A8N-E motherboard
2 Gig RAM (just upgraded to 2 gigs a week ago)
Geforce 7900GS
Enermax Liberty 500 watt psu
250GB SATA Hard drive
Soundblaster X-Fi

This is my current computer i put together last October for less than $600. Before that, i was building and running my routes on a:

Athlon XP2500 (oc'ed to 3200 speeds)
Asus A7N8X motherboard
1 Gig RAM
Radeon 9800
junky 400 Watt psu (that was really good at heating up the room :p)
80GB IDE hard drive
Soundblaster X-Fi

the line is in use, there is always cars siting there, and the plants is in use. every week there is a flat nose loco picking up and droping cars off, when i get a chance ill get a pic of it for you

here is one i found that was taken latly

pictures%5C7932%5CFile%2020060213A.JPG

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=348617

Last edited:
the line is in use, there is always cars siting there, and the plants is in use. every week there is a flat nose loco picking up and droping cars off, when i get a chance ill get a pic of it for you

here is one i found that was taken latly

pictures%5C7932%5CFile%2020060213A.JPG

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=348617

Cool beans :). One more active industry to add (except now i have to go switch the track back again :p).

Quick Question :) When will this be Released?
See my thread in the "Freeware Announcements" forum, i'm posting right after this. :)

~Roon

Last edited:
Railfan cow!

He's always been a little different than the other cows. While they're munching away on hay or grass, he's over watching the trains roll by on the Reading Line ;).

This is just one of the many extra little scenes i have spaced throughout the Reading Line route.

If you're from the area, and wish to make a cameo appearance, just let me know of your favorite location, and i'll put you in. A few people have already been added.

When the route is released, see if you can find them all. :)

~Roon

Last edited:
Nice stuff Roon! Any plans for sessions based on prototypical train symbols to learn the route's operations? -Chris

Last edited:
Nice stuff Roon! Any plans for sessions based on prototypical train symbols to learn the route's operations? -Chris

I could maybe make some for local or yard operations. Kevin probably knows more about the mainline train schedules and symbols now than i do, so maybe we could persuade him to make a few too. :)

Only thing is, at this point i won't promise anything. I've been working on this route for around 2 years now, and i'm almost at the point where i just want it out the door :p .

But who knows....

~Roon

As many of you know, the route is now complete and available for download at http://www.ustrainz.com/ :).

I'll leave you with three final shots and a nice video, then its your turn to be the one taking the shots ;).

Here they are: the "southern" most part of the route that is fully detailed; CP Oley.

Reading1b.jpg

Looking north towards Spring St. Yard as two locomotives drift through the interlocking next to old Oley Tower.

Reading1d.jpg

Now connected to their train, they begin to head north (east). The center of the city of Reading is in the background.

Reading1e.jpg

Starting to pass the yard, yard office, and engines awaiting the call to service sitting in "the farm".

And finally...here is the video...8 minutes..enjoy!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmTmEHFQHZs

~Roon

Back