Brisbane CityTrain - 800x600 pixels

Good work Scottling! Cept one thing... DON'T USE SPEEDTREES!! If you do, you can wave goodbye to those fantastic frame rates!
________
Trichome

Last edited:
The nVidia GeForce GT240 video card that I had fitted into my computer does not seem to have any issues with masses of Speedtrees. Trainz 2010 asks for a 128MB video card, and this one is 1GB, so it should handle it fairly easily.:)

I understand that not everyone out there has up-to-date equipment like this, so I will only use Speedtree where I deem it absolutely necessary.

I have heard the other members' griping about Speedtress, but I disagree with it, I think Speedtrees add atmosphere to any route, even if they do eat up framerates. I understand that not everyone does like them as I do, so once again, I will keep them to a light - moderate sprinkling.

Copied my local folder last night, I'll go see if it worked.

Happy Trainzing,;)
Scott.

UPDATE:

Local folder copying has worked, the route has successfully transferred across the void.... so to speak:hehe:

I do apologise for the lack of screenies, or anything for that matter. I'm bogged down with preparation and the completion of NAPLAN (National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy)which students in years 3, 5, 7 and 9 have to complete. Once that is finished, I will have plenty of time for Trainz again, and screenshots will be heading your way.

Happy Trainzing,;)
Scott.

Hi Trainzers, I am really sorry for the absence of any activity whatsoever.

I would like to mention that Ghostryder, after a lengthy iTrainz Chat session, has convinced me to go narrow.... 3ft 6in narrow!:hehe: So, I will now be downloading the narrow guage diesels and rolling stock, then swapping out the standard guage bogies on the EMU/SMU/IMU, and Roma Street Platform 2 and 3 will now be dual guage!

Thankyou all for bearing with me for so long, I know it is agonising having to wait so long for anything.:confused: Rest assured, the project is not dead, and screenies will come as soon as the track is swapped out.:D

Happy Trainzing!;)
Scott.

Scott, if you're using 2010 do you know how to replace assets?? I'm telling you this so you don't lose track work or track markers,
BTW is Brisbane going to have a flight to use Vulcans 747's on?? (not sure about a380's flying 'round Brisbane
Jamie

Scott,
Are you aware of the layout of the dual gauge tracks in 2 + 3 platforms. I am just asking as I don't know how prototypical you want to be and what track is available that mimics it in Trainz. One road is "regular" dual guage and the other is a gauntlet guage track ie. the narrow one sits inside the wider guage. Got pics somewhere if you aren't sure what I mean just have to find them.
Regards
Glen

Thanks for the interest Jamie and Glen.

JJDella: Yes, my Brisbane Airport will be full of vulcan's amazing aircraft!:D

Lenice: I downloaded alby6's dual guage track, (which btw doesn't show up in TS2010:confused:) and that's what I'm going to be using, as far as I know from the DLS thumbnail, it is the "gauntlet" type that you mentioned, any idea where I could get some more?:eek:

Thanks again, and Happy Trainzing!;)
Scott.

Last edited:
Scott I tried Alby6's Dual Gauge in 04 and any attempt to lay it resulted in the Game crashing.

So I haven't tried it on 2010.

NormP.

Thanks for that info Norm. In TS2010 it isn't that bad, the track shows up in the menu but when one goes to place it, all that appears is a blank spot between two spline points.:eek: So I might have to find a substitute.

Screenshots soon everybody!

Happy Trainzing,;)
Scott.

Thanks for that info Norm. In TS2010 it isn't that bad, the track shows up in the menu but when one goes to place it, all that appears is a blank spot between two spline points.:eek: So I might have to find a substitute.

Screenshots soon everybody!

Happy Trainzing,;)
Scott.

Hi Scott,

I would check the length of the track in the asset's config. Example; If it's a 10m dual gauge track by the properties of the mesh and it reads as only being 2m in the config. Therefore it's leaving a gap of 8m between spline points.

Check the config to make sure the length is right. I don't know what else to suggest if all is fine.

:confused:

Cheers!
chuff

Hi chuffbuff and others,

Here is the config file of the track in question:
kuid <kuid2:72882:1093:1>
username "QR_dual_gauge_10m"
kind "track"
rgb 255,200,0
length 10
istrack 1
width 4
bendy 1
description "Q/R_Dual_Gauge_10m"
category-class "TR"
category-region "AU"
author "alby6"
contact-email "
bruce@ecn.net.au"
license "ONLY FREEWARE This trainz item is offered as freeware but is NOT open source.
All rights of the creator of this content reserved and all works comprising this content are protected internationally under copyright law.
Unauthorised reskinning, re-use, reverse engineering of meshes, sounds and images/textures is prohibited.
Unauthorised modifying, re-releasing, hosting or selling this content is not permitted.'"
category-era "1940s;1950s;1960s;1970s;1980s"
carrate 0
casts_shadows 0
endlength 0
grounded 0
isroad 0
repeats 0
shadows 0
upright 1
visible-on-minimap 1
organisation "Queensland Rail"
trainz-build 2.4

thumbnails
{
{
image "thumb.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}
asset-filename "QR_dual_gauge_10m"

kuid-table
{
}

I'm not sure exactly what is wrong, the length is correct, maybe I should edit the "repeats" tab? I just don't know.

Had another short family holiday recently, to Gympie and Caboolture!:D
I rode the Mary Valley Rattler to Imbil and back, then went railfanning at Caboolture Station. My motel was right near the tracks too!:cool:

So that's another pointless excuse for the lack of screenshots. I'm getting there, slowly..... my new Sturmovik game isn't exactly helping progress:eek: .

Happy Trainzing!;)
Scott.

Scott,

The overall length appears to be fine. However, I'm no expert when it comes to re-config-uration of say possibly damaged assets. It appears to me Bruce's track has Trainz confused and is therefore causing a slight conflict as it is unable to tell the difference whether it's a road or track spline.

There are a few lines here that seem unnecessary and worth deleting and re-saving for it to work as it's intended.

carrate 0
casts_shadows 0
endlength 0
grounded 0
isroad 0
repeats 0
shadows 0
upright 1
visible-on-minimap 1

If this fails to work, I have absolutely no Iota what will, but it's worth trying.

Cheers!

chuffy

Hi chuffbuff.

I dare not remove anything completely until I know it's going to make a difference. Otherwise I could corrupt it.:confused:

Apparantly, there was an earlier version, which now cannot be found. Does anyone know, or can they confirm, that this earlier version worked? I desparately want some dual guage through Roma Street!

Happy Trainzing, and screenshots coming soon.;)
Scott.

Hi chuffbuff.

I dare not remove anything completely until I know it's going to make a difference. Otherwise I could corrupt it.:confused:

Hi Scott,

How is it possible to corrupt a file that was initially corrupted to begin with ?

Answer: We'd have to be pretty brain dead to accomplish that. L:hehe:L

Norm_P previously said he tried Alby6's Dual Gauge in 04 and any attempt to lay it resulted in the Game crashing.

With the slight adjustments made to Alby6's config as I've mentioned above and also renaming the default.im file to the asset-filename as shown in the config, now reads as QR_dual_gauge_10m.im

The end result....

You would be surprised it now works in 04, and without a doub't will work for later versions.

Have a good one!

chuffy

Tried it again chuffbuff.

I deleted the lines you thought were unnecessary, and renamed the default.im to qr_dual_gauge_10m.im and....... Nothing!:confused:

I honestly don't know what's wrong. Could you please post the config file for the track you've just edited, and then I can change mine accordingly.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

I swear poeple, screenshots will come!:p
Happy Trainzing,
Scott.;)

Alleluia! Screenshots at Last!

Hi All.

Finally, I've changed up a gear and here come the first progress update screenshots for ages! And they're full size.

Brisbane1.jpg

Roma Street - Central tunnels. Do excuse the bendiness; I seem to have trouble setting up AJS tunnels.

Brisbane2.jpg

Roma Street Interstate and long-distance platforms. As yet without the dual guage track as in real life. These tracks will be used for the XPT and QR Westlander to Charleville.

Brisbane3.jpg

Bridge complex over Countess Street and the Inner Northern Busway. Minus the Busway. Tracks on the left go to the Exhibition grounds.

Brisbane4.jpg

The Brisbane River, with the Riverside Expressway on the right, William Jolly road bridge in the foreground and Merivale rail bridge in the background. I'm yet to add the new Go Between Bridge just beyond the Merivale.

Brisbane5.jpg

Northern approach to South Brisbane Station. Until the Merivale Bridge was built, trains into Brisbane City had to branch off at Yeerongpilly, across to Corinda before following the present-day Ipswich line via Indooroopilly into Roma Street. This was the terminus for the Brisbane to Sydney line as well.

The DEM for this map was kindly made for me by Jerker. (BTW Jerker, please check your PM inbox, I require some extensions), William Jolly and Merivale Bridges made by vulcan, 3'6" track by Elvenor, CityRail style platforms by Deadly and other content made by other users.

Thankyou all for bearing with me. Progress is coming slowly but surely, and I'll get back with more screenshots sooooon:hehe: (sorry Willem2, I couldn't help it.)

Happy Trainzing!;)
Scott.

Last edited:
Hi Scott,

Not bad progress you have achieved so far. Cooool!

Ya know, Alb's dual gauge doesn't look half bad in 09 either.

Completely error free, judging how it would handle in 10 remain's to be seen.

Sorry to see you had trouble with the config, (I admit that I am guilty and should refrain from using alienated interpretations next time).

No probs... Hopefully... you shouldn't go wrong with this now.

kuid <kuid2:72882:1093:1>
username "QR_dual_gauge_10m"
rgb 255,200,0
length 10
istrack 1
width 4
bendy 1
description "Q/R_Dual_Gauge_10m"
category-class "TR"
category-region "AU"
author "alby6"
contact-email "bruce@ecn.net.au"
license "ONLY FREEWARE This trainz item is offered as freeware but is NOT open source.
All rights of the creator of this content reserved and all works comprising this content are protected internationally under copyright law.
Unauthorised reskinning, re-use, reverse engineering of meshes, sounds and images/textures is prohibited.
Unauthorised modifying, re-releasing, hosting or selling this content is not permitted.'"
category-era "1940s;1950s;1960s;1970s;1980s"
organisation "Queensland Rail"
trainz-build 2.4
thumbnails {
0 {
image "thumb.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}
asset-filename "QR_dual_gauge_10m"
kuid-table {
}
kind "track"

Cheers!

chuff

With the changes in the files as suggested, the track shows in 2010 with no Errors/Warnings; but would not look very good with anything more than a slight bend.

NormP.

With the changes in the files as suggested, the track shows in 2010 with no Errors/Warnings; but would not look very good with anything more than a slight bend.

NormP.

That's good to see Norm, (Ghosty mentioned it worked in 10 without the recent fixes made). Overall, I presume it's better to be safe than sorry for the still commonly used previous editions.

If only Bruce could be informed, he hasn't been seen or heard of for quite a while. He might eventually stumble upon this page all in good time.

Well, it's time I stood down from the spotlight on this small matter, I admire your work in progress Scott, keep plodding away mate. I'll be checking back every so often.

:)

Cheers!

chuff

It Works!

Hi Chuffy and NormP,

Following is a picture of the track as it appears in TS2010 thanks to your combined help.

Dual-guage1.jpg

Pretty darn good!;) Thankyou all, and Brisbane dual guage screenshots will soon follow, as soon as I figure out AJS tunnelling.....

Happy Trainzing,;)
Scott.

Back