New Webservers

Spiffy

Web & IT Manager
Hi Everyone,

We are currently in the process of upgrading to 7 brand new servers for all of our web services. This should alleviate the slow response times of the websites as well as improve the DLS and digital download speeds. These servers will be a significant improvement on what we currently use.

As with anything like this it will however take some time to be setup due to the way everything ties into each other and there will be occasions where some services may not be available. We will try to give you as much notice as possible when this occurs, though I will not rule out any unforeseen circumstances causing some downtime.

The planned completion time for all services moved is the 12th March 2010.

Over the next two days I will be moving the forums to their new box. There will be some downtime during this period.

The forums will be going into maintenance mode at approximately 3pm Eastern Australian time (5 hours from now).

[edit]
This downtime has been cancelled while we test some features.

[UPDATE]
The forum files are now being served from the new server, I will be migrating the database over tomorrow.

[UPDATE]
There will be a small amount of downtime in the morning (March 5th brisbane time) when I will be completing the forum move.

[UPDATE] - 05/03/2010 11:52am
Forum server move complete

Last edited:
We are currently working on setting up the new DLS server, this involves transfering all the data across which may cause the server to slow or stop responding alltogether.

We are very close to getting the new server live so look forward to improved speeds, access times and reliability.

The webserver setup process is taking longer than expected due to the huge amounts of data involved and the integration between different aspects of the the community websites and services that we run. With this in mind I am advising you all that in order to allow adequate time for testing and fixing of the integrations the final completion date is being moved back to the 26th March.

As time progresses leading up to this date we will be moving small sections to the new servers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We will be upgrading the Primary Webserver, database server and DLS server over the next couple of days. During this time all Auran services will go down for periods to avoid data being updated during the move.

Auran webservices will be down for an indeterminable period while we perform our server upgrades, this will also include the DLS.

we have now renabled the web services. We will be monitoring the sites over the following days to see where we can optomize.

Back