Railyard will not display vehicles

Can you say which version of Trainz you're using please, so people can try to offer you the best advice.

John

An Empty Railyard

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I've got the same problem. I see that the OP got no definitive answer to his question.

Having returned to Trainz2009 after a year's absence, I resumed building a simple route, with some success. One thing I noticed is that the Railyard section of the program is no longer working the way it did last year.

When I go to Railyard, there's just a single vehicle - a green four-wheel DB coach. There is no way to access any other vehicle, at least no way that I can find, although there is an onscreen text suggesting that there is a list of some kind. I seem to remember that previously I could scroll through all the vehicles using Railyard, noting which ones I might want to use on my route.

Although I did not use it over the past year, it's still the same copy of Trainz2009 that's residing on my harddisk. Any ideas what may have happened to the locos and rolling stock in Railyard, and can I repair it?

I'm running Trainz2009, version 3, Build 38411. Under Windows10, video card supporting up to DirectX 10.

Go into content manager and check that the assets are not faulty or missing dependencies. If anything is faulty it will not show up in RailYard.

It's been awhile since I have used that product and RailYard for that matter. The other possibility just came to mind... Do you have any favorites checked? That can cause the list to become a lot shorter than you want it to be. I'm digging through cobwebs and grasping at straws here, but it's another thought and avenue to follow.

I noticed that when I got the free copy, but I just figured I did not know how to use it. Good to know there should be more....

I shouldn't be one to talk, as I still use TRS2006 ...

But when TS09 came out I said: "Eenhh" ... I'll do without that version" ...

Then shortly thereafter TS10 all too soon popped up ... and I bought that version ... never installed it, nor tested it ...

Then TS12 all too quickly popped up ... And I said: "Oooohhh ... Gotta have that" ... and I bought that version ... I only touched the surface of testing TS12 ...

Then T:ANE popped up, and I said: "WoW ... Gotta have that" ... And I bought that version ... I have barely tested T:ANE out

I still use TRS2006 as my main route building program, as it is so easy to use surveyor, and NO layers

If I had TS09, I would not even think of using it, as it is a prematurely rushed out version of TS10

I'll always be using TRS2006, as it has never failed me in build 3337 SP1, and it has always worked absolutely flawlessly ... even though many people have said otherwise, that TRS2006 totally socked for them :eek:

Last edited:
Solved

Thanks everybody for the helpful hints.

I'm happy to report that the apparent absence of the full stock list in Railyard is the result of TS2009's less than perfect user interface. @JCitron's mention of favorites led me to the solution.

The two buttons bottom right, called Favorites and Info, determine what is displayed when you click the sideways popout arrow. I had no Favorites at all, hence I got to see an empty list when I did. It would be helpful if the program displayed a default message 'You have not picked any Favorites yet. Click the Favorites button to see the full list of stock'.

That I had to click the Favorites button to swap between the two views is something I found out by accident; the button gives no indication of its status.

I'm running Trainz2009, version 3, Build 38411. Under Windows10, video card supporting up to DirectX 10.

Back