Boston and Maine equipment in Trainz?

Alex99al

CLOSED
Hi everyone. Alex99al, again, this time I'm here with a question that has been tugging at my knuckle couplers (you know what I mean) for a while. Is there anything on the download station or on the third party sites, anything for the Boston & Maine. I mean steam locomotives, diesels, freight and passenger cars, cabin cars and MOW equipment, and if there are any routes for the B&M I'd appreciate that too. Even though, I'm not a member of the B&MHS (Boston and Maine Historical Society), I have always harbored an interest in the B&M in the late 40s to early 60s. I know, I always talk about the Pennsylvania Railroad, but I have also loved the B&M. In fact, this is one railroad I have harbored a secret interest in. (I've been afraid to say it, because nearly almost all my friends in my area like the PRR and only the PRR.) But, I like all the others too, but my true love is for the PRR and the B&M. So, I'm just wondering, is there anything for the B&M. (I know about the PRR, I asked already.) Please, let there be at least a B&M boxcar so then I can breathe a huge sigh of relief.
Thanks,
Alex99al
UPDATE
I checked the download station and I found a couple of Boston & Maine diesel electric locomotives. I am pleased to see a few pieces of B&M equipment, but I was hoping for more, because I am a minor but acceptable B&M railfan. But, it is what it is. I'll eventually check third party sites if someone can send me a few links to some of them.

Last edited:
If you check out my user name on the DLS you will find some Boston & Maine stuff, some RS3 reskins, a caboose and a bunch of right of way stuff. Make sure you check the TRS2004 box as it is all done for that version.

Thanks for the help.

Thank you gfisher and jadebullet. Those Boston & Maine finds made me smile, from smokebox to cab. I have since downloaded them and they are performing marvelously. Thank you for all the help, I really appreciate the help.

Bay Colony

Hi. Im new, and speaking of the B&M I am Making a Cape Cod route. (that little hook-like thing off of MASS.) I'm having a great deal of trouble finding Bay Colony and Cape Cod Central Content. Does any one know were I could download some?:(

As noted in a previous post, I'm modeling Pullman-Bradley 'American Flyer' coaches, which were fairly common in B&M service right into the 60's. I'm new at this model building stuff, so completion is still several weeks off. More B&M stuff is on the drawing board; B&M Pfaulder milk car, B&M wood coach (one is still in use as a tourist excursion car in Newport, R.I.), B&M heavywieght baggage car, B&M heavyweight passenger car.........
I would also like to do a B&M roundhouse, wood and brick, similar to the one which was located in Salem, MA.
Regards

Hey does anyone know where I can find some steam era b&m equipment FREEWARE
Or can I commission someone to make some high quality stuff which I will be willing to pay for (Ex: B&M 4-6-2 pacific with a Pullman baggage car, combine, coaches, and observation car)

Hey does anyone know where I can find some steam era b&m equipment FREEWARE
Or can I commission someone to make some high quality stuff which I will be willing to pay for (Ex: B&M 4-6-2 pacific with a Pullman baggage car, combine, coaches, and observation car)

Already available, for just $12.00. Plus part of your payment goes to the restoration of B&M 3713. Well, everything you listed except the combines and observation cars.
https://kltrainz.com/product/bm-p4-pacific/

Last edited:
Nice train and interesting video. There are two locations which I am very familiar with. Lowell Junction in Andover, MA is located about 5 miles from where I used to live. Unlike in the video, there are tall buildings and everything there is rural with a small industrial park located in one area and woodlands and Shawsheen River in another area to the right and behind the camera. The bridge in Haverhill, MA is well done and is located about 3 miles from where I live. That area is extremely close to real life, except for the automobile bridge. The road bridge shown in the video is similar to the one used today. From about 1910-2005, the bridge was a Warren truss type bridge similar to the middle span of the railroad bridge. Originally a steel-colored truss, it was painted green in the 1970s when the deck was updated from wood to a metal grating, making the bridge a bit scary to cross in the winter because the grating would become quite slippery. In 2005 the old green bridge as it was called, was closed rather abruptly without warning resulting in many business in Haverhill closing down because the west end of Washington Street no longer saw the traffic from Bradford. For about 2 years, the bridge was closed and that side of the city died while traffic was diverted through the downtown over to Main Street and across to Bradford some two miles away.

The locomotive is done well and of course that's expected from K&L. The steam powered passenger trains were long gone before I came on the scene, but I do remember seeing 3713 up at the original Steamtown in Vermont. I was 6 years old at the time when we visited there. The B&M was one of the earliest railroads to replace steam with diesels and it was the diesels which shutdown the electric service through the Hoosac Tunnel in 1946. In the 1940s to 1952, the B&M busily replaced its steam engines on all commuter service and long distance trains with either diesels or Budd RDC trains. The Budd Liners went on to serve another 45-plus years in commuter service with the B&M mustering up the largest fleet of Budd RDCs in the world.

I remember seeing those old "American Flyer" passenger cars, but never rode on them. The New Haven also used those as well but they were in the Brunswick green color. They used to be pulled by the venerable old Alco RS3 switchers and some E-units used on the New Haven commuter service.

Back