US 1930's - 60's screenshot thread

Did Deane make those trailers to be loadable? And are those ancient Trailer Train flatcars available anywhere???:) :) :)

These cars were commissioned from me by Motorbreath to specifically use Deane's trailers. He'll be putting them on the DLS. This car will go on MGTrainz; I've been making a lot of stuff that isn't getting uploaded, I'll get that worked out and up on the site.

These cars were commissioned from me by Motorbreath to specifically use Deane's trailers. He'll be putting them on the DLS. This car will go on MGTrainz; I've been making a lot of stuff that isn't getting uploaded, I'll get that worked out and up on the site.
I would like to extend some serious gratitude to both Adam and Deane. Adam built a beautiful model that runs well and has great detail and was great to work with. Originally the flat cars were commissioned with the intent to load Deane's trailers as the were already set up as a load, but that presented a problem since the trailers had the hitch and side rails as part of the mesh. This was a genius design by Deane to enable the loads to look right on any flat car. Since the new car was modeled with the rails and hitch, Deane unselfishly (as always) modified them to work with the new flat car.

Thanks to both of you guys, I couldn't be happier with the results, and I hope everyone enjoys them.

I don't mean to fill up this thread with details on this flat car, but it is a car built for use in the era this thread was made for, so it isn't too far off topic.

Jimi

Meanwhile, back in Abilene...

A 2-8-2 sets out boxcars filled with poodle skirts and hula hoops at the Shinnery Storage Co. in Abilene, Texas:

SpottingCarsAtShinnery.jpg

Cool shot, Max. Is that from your released route? I need that guy with the hand car. And the outside braced boxcars... What are those? I like.

Edit: Ha! Why the poodle skirts?!

Last edited:
Thanks, Motorbreath. Yes, it's from my recently released "AbileneTexas" route, which is set in the 1950s.

The guy with the hand cart is "Goodsman 2c (S)," and the boxcars are "CB&Q 40' wood boxcar." I believe they're both available on the DLS.

All those poodle skirts that were so popular in the 1950s had to get from the factories to the stores somehow. I'll bet there was a train or two involved. ;)

Cool shot, Max. Is that from your released route? I need that guy with the hand car. And the outside braced boxcars... What are those? I like.

Edit: Ha! Why the poodle skirts?!

Cool and thanks. Silly me, I was thinking of actual skirts for poodles, not a kind of skirt called poodle skirts. Being in the RV business for a good chunk of my life, I had many an old lady customer with little poodles in clothes... I shudder at the thought. Bleh.

My Flying A tanker, cab, and F1 reskins are on the DLS now. I felt no need to start a new thread for them since they fit in here just fine. Thanks to Dinorius_Redundicus and Guyader.1 for the original models.

Back