Hello, I am a new Trainz user!

Domingo192

Hello; I am Domingo, and as you all can tell my username is domorails,

I used to play Trainz years ago, but I just purchased Trainz 2010, and hope to start playing as soon as the download finishes. I am not a total 'newb' to train simulators, I actually am a reskinner. Here are some sample shots of my work for the other sim I was involved in.

I hope have many hours of fun with Trainz, getting to know everyone here, and create many great assets along the way!

I have one quick question, after I purchased the game, I saw a Lifetime First Class Ticket for the Trainz Download Station for sale. Would that be worth the one hundred dollars, also what would it do?

Well I am off as it is very late, tomorrow will be a great day friends!
:wave:

Cheers, domorails.

Last edited:
Hello Domo_rails!

Welcome to the trainz discussion forum!

Those screenshots look pretty great (have you done any Union Pacific or Ontario Northland models???). ;)

Oh, and by the way, whats your favourite railroad(s) and whats your favourite railroading era(s).

My:
Favourite railroads: Union Pacific
Ontario Northlands
Favourite era: USA/AU 1950's-1960's
USA/AU current time

Chris, :wave:

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums.

Some people will tell you the Lifetime FCT is the bargain of a lifetime, and others will tell you it's a waste of money. All forums are the same - some love, some hate.

My advice would be to hang on to your money until you settle in. There may be, and probably are other options, it just depends on what your needs are. if you love spending money, go for it. If you're a battler, don't!

Nice stuff. You could end up being very popular around here.

regards,

John

Hello Domingo,
I agree with John. Your work for MSTS (looks like MSTS to me) is very well done to a superb standard, and also agree with the fact that we have a budding skin master in our midst.
Lifetime FCT: Well, I have mixed feelings.
Sometimes the DLS is really silly, and doesn't let anybody download sod all from it using Download Helper or CMP even if they DO have an FCT, which mean you're sat there on FTP until it picks up again. However, when the DLS IS functioning, and you have for example a large route with many dependencies, the FCT is a vital thing. Since it's $100, and it's your whole LIFE here, I, personally, would go with it, since Trainz has picked up again (TS2010 wasn't an utter shambles in other words :hehe: ) and it looks like it will be getting better again. This is the start of a new era of Trainz, and I think a Lifetime FCT would compliment that nicely! ;) (where's mine? :p )
Obviously you choose.
Welcome to the forum, my friend. You will be appreciated by all, I know it. You are a man of fabulous work, and I hope it's the same in Trainz.

Cheers, James ;)

Thank you all for the kind words, and yes my stuff was for MSTS.
I really do appreciate all the nice comments! Yes, I have made Union Pacific content, but no Ontario Northland stuff so far. I hope to start skinning in Trainz soon, so it is always a possibility. My favorite railroads would of course have to be my museum's railroad, but I like Amtrak, Southern Pacific, Texas & New Orleans, Southern, and almost any other railroad with catchy paint schemes. I basically create whatever stuff I see pictures of that I like, so the variety of my content I create is very large. My favorite railroad era would have to be the mid to late 20th century, but like I said I model whatever I see that looks nice. :p

Thanks for the explanations on the First Class Ticket, I think I will hold off on that for now. Thanks for clearing up if it was needed or not, I guess I am a battler. :D

Cheers, domorails.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum, and to Trainz, Domingo.

The people here very talented and helpful. I'm sure you willl enjoy it.

I've not yet bought a FCT because I spend most of my time creating my route. Searching for what I need doesn't take too long, and I rarely download more than 10 items at a time. I then spend most of my time placing the items and adjusting other scenery as necessary. So the DLS works fine for me.

However, you may find it frustrating to wait if you want a large number of items (e.g several routes) as has already been said. Then, a FCT will be well worth the purchase price, but you might want to hold off and see how it all works for you before forking out $100.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but it looks like you have moved over to Trainz from something else!

Is that you in the picture below?

Cheers,
Casper:)

microsoftgarbage4.jpg

:eek:

Yes, I am actually going to hold off on that FCT. Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. And, no that is not me. MSTS is still around here somewhere, hasn't hit the trash pile yet.:D

Cheers,
domorails

Last edited:
Lol @ that pic, showing MSTS in the trash heap.

Actually, I like MSTS very much, especially since it's got some good Eastern U.S. content, and I still play it. I do find it easier to drive and considerably easier to do yard work.

But TS2010 is where it's at.

Edited to add: Am I missing something? I just checked the DLS and they said a 1-year FCT is $19.99 U.S. Or is that just for TS2004 content?

Last edited:
I'd never heard of the lifetime subscription FCT.

A couple of years ago that would have been a good buy.

Presently I wouldn't go near it, the state that the Download Station is in.

This made me laugh : "...Get faster download speeds and guaranteed connections. No more "Download Station Unavailable" messages..."

:hehe:

Smiley.

I don't have much trouble with the DLS...

Although, I appear to have 2 more FCTS. Do you get one free when you purchase a copy of Trainz???

The lifetime FCT has been promoted and kicked around these forums in the very recent past. A search should find the multitude of posts arguing over its usefulness, or lack thereof.

You also get a free 1 or 3 month (can't remember) FCT when you purchase Trainz. I understand this doesn't kick off until you access the DLS with it for the first time. That's handy, because it means I have a couple also. Trouble is I don't have the bandwidth to justify using them.

Well unless you just happen to share names with another Domingo Molina then your not new here.... http://forums.auran.com/trainz/member.php?u=173188
If you are indeed a different Domingo Molina then I apologize and welcome you the Auran:
Call me cynical, but have a look at the location of Domo rails (Location: Texas, United States,North America, Earth,...Wait Milky Way???)
with that of Domingo Molina (and not picture of his of about 500 x 375) is his signature, not a picture!
His location: San Antonio, Texas, United States of America.

To much of a coindendance?

Some would say that there is no coincedance (hope I spelt that correctly [no offence Red rattler but your spelling looks wrong {probably just me }]) or something-a-rather etc. etc. etc. I'm tired and have a cold, so i'm not making much sense too anyone lately.:p

Some would say that there is no coincedance (hope I spelt that correctly [no offence Red rattler but your spelling looks wrong {probably just me }]
You can blame Micro (cough ur cough) soft Word for that! It spelt it that way, and I didn't notice the second first "e" was meant to be an "i" until after you said it may be spelt wrong. But this time MS Word spelt it correctly as coincidence.

And if the two accounts are the same person, why two accounts, especially since the former D/M last visit was about 15 hours ago or so? Thou thought-ith 2 accounts was an Auran no no-ith!

Last edited:
(and not picture of his of about 500 x 375) is his signature, not a picture!

oh what a terrible crisis!!!11!!1!!1!!! couldn't you find something more relevant to cry about!!!!1!1!1!!!

And if the two accounts are the same person, why two accounts, especially since the former D/M last visit was about 15 hours ago or so? Thou thought-ith 2 accounts was an Auran no no-ith!

Oh No! the freakin world is going to end!!

Last edited:
Back