Its been awhile...

grogstop65

TrainzEasternRoutes
TrainzEasternRoutes: Erie Lackawanna Rails Part Two

Its been awhile...since I've posted any updates on my Erie Lackawanna Rails Part Two route, so here are some screenshots. New and Old.

readingintown1.jpg

readingintown2.jpg

readingintown4.jpg

readingintown3.jpg

elrailspart21.jpg

elrailspart22.jpg

jerv1.jpg

rbrr1.jpg

Screen_004%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding work, John. The shots you post never cease to amaze my little teenage mind. I just have a quick question: Why do you use the built-in signals instead of the Safetran/Searchlight signals from the DLS? If you have answered this somewhere else, I'm sorry. Too lazy to look at this hour :hehe:

Steve

Looking pretty good. It needs a bit of work in the polishing stage, such as moving that grass off of the road(damn that is such a pain in the arse isn't it. Laying a ton of grass and trees, and then moving them off of the road. My PRR mainline still has a few oak trees in the middle of the gauge that I have to take an SD40-sawblade to.)

You should take some more shots of it. Especially with Reading units. I have some nice SW1500s(every first purchase road number actually) on USLW, as well as a nice GP30. They would probably be right at home on an April 2nd 1976 style route.

BTW, do you have the KUID for the watertower. I normally use Gfisher's B&M ones, but that one would be pretty cool for some variety.

Thanks for the complements and constructive critique.

The grass in the road is actually prototypical, because you know how Penn Dot is haha

Yes the route is still in the works and needs polishing. "I will delete that grass off the road"

BTW, do you have the KUID for the watertower. I normally use Gfisher's B&M ones, but that one would be pretty cool for some variety.

That watertower is a built in one. Search "Tside NYC Watertower" or something like that.

Last edited:
Ah, okay, cool thanks.

I know all about PennDOT's failure to do... anything, lol. It is about to happen again with this snow on the way. I will probably be driving home in it. Well, the good thing is that at least the snow fills the potholes.

Thanks for the complements and constructive critique.

The grass in the road is actually prototypical, because you know how Penn Dot is haha

Yes the route is still in the works and needs polishing. "I will delete that grass off the road"
It's just the little stuff like that which I think may be over done. I often see a lot of vegetation on the tracks and roads in your screen shots, so I realize you like it and it is intentional. Yes there are old lines full of weeds. In my personal opinion it's just a little too much sometimes. You do have a great style and route building is an art.

As bad as Penndot is, they don't let the grass grow two feet tall in the road. If you want it there you should adjust the height some.

In the last screenshot, looks like the road has actually gone over the roads on the crossing. That might need to be fixed. I like the first one though.

In the last screenshot, looks like the road has actually gone over the roads on the crossing. That might need to be fixed. I like the first one though.

This has came up before, and I'm putting a stop to it.

Yes it is, I did that on purpose. I do not like the Trainz crossings and how they work the tracks. Once my track layer gets a crack at the route that will be adjusted.

I'll leave them that way untill the route is in its final stages, as my road crossing do not bother me in the shots.

I know some here will have opinions about that, but please refrain and agree to disagree.

I know some here will have opinions about that, but please refrain and agree to disagree.

I will agree to disagree. All I was saying is that the crossing is messed up, that's all. Lets see some more shots John.

Back