The first and last light of the day I often find to be the most beautiful

grogstop65

TrainzEasternRoutes
So to the first and last light I delicate this thread to.

Lets all post some Sunset sunrise shots I'll go first.

I posted new shots for those who have been around awhile, and some older screenshots for the new comers.

sp19976.jpg

mtsubsunsetandfog10.jpg

mtsubsunsetandfog11.jpg

mtsubsunsetandfog14.jpg

3.jpg

johnbscreenshottercurvesunset1.jpg

newenglandfallsep096.jpg

nyl.jpg

newenglandfall7.jpg

nwmass15.jpg

Last edited:
Mezzo, that screen is beautiful. The terrain work is perfect. Is that your own personal route?

Just after dawn, and the coal trains are already rolling too and from the heart of America, Anthracite country.
15776e0014291827e6d3eeb7d98598b1.jpg

jadebullet, is that your route. Its quite beautiful and very mood evoking. It reminds me of one of those cold rainy winter days sitting out by the tracks with a luke warm coffee, listening to the lonesome horn of a local freight in the distance.

In all honesty very nice

Mezzo, that screen is beautiful. The terrain work is perfect. Is that your own personal route?

Thanks for the complement jadebullet. Praise indeed from someone whose work I've admired since starting with Trainz 14 months ago.

It is my own route, loosely based on part of the Italian riviera. Most of it is fictitious except for the latest phase where I'm creating the town shown in my banner.

Nice dawn shot of your train. Look forward to viewing more of your work.

See you in the Screenshot of the Week competition - I'm determined to catch up with you!
:)

Thanks guys. Yeah, it is my Reading Shamokin Division. What started out as mearly backdating the R&N route by double tracking it, has turned into a full makeover. I have been working hard at it, but I have quite a ways to go, redoing parts of towns, revegitating, and retexturing. Not to mention rebuilding Tamaqua yard, as well as the Atlas powder company.

Edit: I really like those shots Mezzo. And yours shots are pretty good too John. I especially like the far off town shot.
Edit2: Man do I need to work on the route some more. I am running out of places to take screenshots.

Anyway, here is another from me.

The early morning run of The Schuylkill races through the outskirts of Hamburg on its way to its destination at Pottsville. The PRR freight train on the Schuylkill Valley branch of the PRR will be chasing the Reading passenger train all the way to Pottsville, where it will break off and head to Hazelton.
7b48163d30c86d7e84fc79798f379f1f.jpg

Last edited:
Back