If you used to post and now don't, why is that?

amigacooke

With a certain amount of trepidation I'm asking the question, if you used to post and now don't, why is that?

With all due respect; if a person is not posting now, how will they respond to your question?:confused:

They may not be posting now, only 'Lurking'. However you're right, as they would have to break their self imposed exile, to answer the question. Coming to think of it, that is what I have just done!!:confused:

Auran is closing argumentitive threads, and deleting peoples rude posts...People are getting out of hand on the forum with COC stuff and complaints. If the wheel squeeks way too much...you might lose the forums, and Trainz, entirely, totally.
http://pastimesandrags.com/writings/skin.html
"To cut off ones nose, to spite his face"...is very self defeating.
I suggest we keep all the forum topic(s) on Trainz and Railroads.

Last edited:
Auran is closing argumentitive threads,....
This isn't an argumentative thread.
Auran closing threads when people who disagree keep disagreeing is probably one of the reasons some people stop posting.
Over-moderation squeezes the life out of any forum.
We're not allowed to have an off-topic forum, we can't endlessly debate and disagree, etc.

Anyway, I stop posting for months at a time because of one or the other or more of the following:

• Other interests
  • Life getting in the way
  • Forum getting boring
  • Sunshine!!!!
I couldn't imagine staying here 100%
That would be sad.

I really enjoyed my latest long break from Trainz (about my 5th in 8 years) and I'm enjoying Trainz now more than ever.
I'm sure I'll enjoy my next long break too.

Smiley.

Smileys

...one or the other or more of the following:
  • Other interests
  • Life getting in the way
  • Forum getting boring
  • Sunshine!!!!
...Smiley.
  • Other interests = Girls
  • Life getting in the way = Girls
  • Forum getting boring = No girls
  • Sunshine!!!! = A girlfriend!
Just kiddin!:hehe:
For me, I enjoyed life much more before the Internet!

If I'm going through a phase when Trainz is "in" with me (as it is currently) then I'll post more regularly on here. If I'm in a RW phase, then I'm more likely posting at UKTS or Flamesim.

Depending on the project, I also tend to post more over at UK Trainz (as Northern Warrior) because generally over there you don't have to wade through some of the, ahem, gramatically less than well structured "gimme gimme" style posts from over enthusiastic children. (Maybe we need a literate adults only section...:D :D ).

Yes!! We get sunshine in Wales...Its a wonderful place :D

Must be the leftovers we have here in sunny Oz :hehe:. Today we will have a glorious 39 C and I am going to love it. You can keep your snow and ice.

Cheers from a bronzed Oz person (yeah, it is the sunshine here 300 days in a year and where I used to live for the last 12 years in Alice Springs NT before moving here this was 360 days of sunshine a year).

VinnyBarb

I got sick of answering the same questions over and over and over again.
People did not seem to understand my posting, been answerd before many times search the fourms.

I used to post possible solutions to others problems but found so much criticism from other Trainzers when they did not agree -for whatever reason - I decided to restrict my posts.
As said above - we can still read posts and not partake if we so wish.:(

Back