Kettle Valley Railway

I would love it if you could find some good rock for me! haha.. Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Regarding the power of that engine. It is a 2-8-0 N2a with a tractive effort of 43500 lbs. On this section of grade it is rated at pulling 1390 tons and that drag only weighs 690 tons.

I have to say that one of the coolest parts of creating a prototype route is the fact that I can use actual timetables! There is nothing cooler than seeing that it should take 35 mins between stations...actually driving the route and finding that it actually does take that long! very cool

Here are some to look at: 5204:21029, 21039, 103179:100282, 72938:21008, 61119:21001, 38427:100049, 178941:1526, 46819:21005 scrub5 is very versatile, I use it for a number of things, 59545:100243, 68787:21520.21709, 21524, 21574, 21579. You might want to search kuid #68787 on the dls. Lot to choose from. I will be following this thread until the route is released.

You have done AWESOME!!!!! Can I download for trs2006?:cool:

ps. Make sure you stuff all the dependencies ( I hate going back for dependencies)

I am making the route in 2010...and it's 300 miles long but I am thinking of breaking it up cause it's insanely huge! Thanks for all the encouragement, it is really helping me keep my interests up!

I would love it if you could find some good rock for me! haha.. Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Regarding the power of that engine. It is a 2-8-0 N2a with a tractive effort of 43500 lbs. On this section of grade it is rated at pulling 1390 tons and that drag only weighs 690 tons.

Wow, wouldnt have guessed. Its looks so small compared to the train.:hehe:

Its still a pretty cool map. Cant wait to see the finished product.

So I just finished grading all 350 miles of the track. I guess now I'll start on the scenery! There should be a lot of updates in the next few months!

trout creek bridge and winslow

here some more pics...all of the ground textures were made by me and we made from actual pictures taken from that area!

not too shabby for a few hours work!

Hallo,

you are doing a great job creating this impressive RR! Hence I saw a standard tunnel object at one of your screens, which probably does not satisfy your quality requirements, you may will find the thread below interesting.

jayturf201003110005.jpg

I used special ways to get the tunnels done for my Milwaukee Road Route and I see you probably have to deal with the same kind of sloppy terrain in narrow valleys – just considering the Othello Tunnels and some more.

Tunnel - thread - LINK:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=55041

Wood Bridges: Do you use TS2010? If yes, I may recognised my wooden trestle at one of your screens. I used it for the NP-Lookout-Pass Line at my Milwaukee Road Avery Drexel Route. It just has rusty rails because this NP line was not that busy. But I have a version including blank rails, which I could put onto DLS for you. You may also have a look to the type of track at the Avery Drexel Route and also it contains some rock texture you may find useful for your cliffs as well – just a recommendation.

Tunnels: Once a nice guy sent me a set of photos of all the tunnel portals at the Avery Drexel Route, so I could create the portals in a way close to reality. If you have photos I could support your work by modification of some of my Avery Drexel Route Tunnel Portals – but this would require a lot more of correspondence.

Keep up your great work.

Your's TUME

PS: I came through Penticten during my Canada tripp in summer 2002 and I saw the terrible burn in the news some years later. Does the RR museum at Summerland still exist?

At first I was iffy about the route, but the fact you made the Textures yourself, and the awesomely intense ROW got me to liking this. a LOT.

Looks like a fun run. :D

TUME: I am a huge fan of yours. I use your route in 2010 as a benchmark for quality. I love how you did the tunnels on your route too. You are right that I am having trouble with the portals. My major problem is that most of the tunnels didn't have concrete portals at all and it was just bare rock. I would love it if you could help me out with some portals as it would make my work look a lot better. I just recently converted over to your MILW dusty track as it is more the look of my prototype. I also have been using some of your rock-bitter textures. I have found it quite satisfying to make my own textures from photos to get the perfect look.

If you're willing I could send you some pics of some of the concrete portals on my route. I think the bare rock portals would have to be totally made from scratch. I have just started to learn how to make my own content and tunnel portals are still a ways away!

regarding my textures. I am working on making all of the textures on my route seasonal as this is a Canadian route and it does cross three major mountain ranges. Over the Coquihalla it wasn't uncommon so see 20m of snow in a season! If I wanted to simulate that I would have to raise all the terrain by 20m and leave the track where it is...hmmmmm....maybe not

Back