Kettle Valley Railway

Jayturf

Hey all,

Just thought I'd post some pics of the route i'm working on. The Kettle valley Railway was located in southern British Columbia, Canada. It is about 350 miles in length and I am about half way done grading the track for this route. So far I have very little sceniked but here are a few shots of the famous "Belfort or Jura Loops!" This section of the route sees the line climb 1000 feet in 10 miles. The actual 'as the crow flies' distance was less than 5 miles!! To achieve this the head engineer, Andrew McCulloch, used a series of sweeping loops to climb the grassy slopes above Princeton. Here are a few pics of a train heading up the hill. Please note that I am in the very early stages of development here.

Train just past the Belfort passing track heading through the first loop

Leaving middle loop

I would also like to thank the many content creators for their help with this especially Ben Dorsey. Amazing work!! I'll have more pics with a bit more detail soon!

I was hoping that someone would make this route. So far so good. How did you go about making it? Did you use a DEM? What version is this? Hope it's 06. I will be watching this thread for updates. Nice job.

I'm on the Sunshine Coast too!!!! So far I have to grade and fine tune the track from penticton to myra canyon then the tracklaying will be more or less finished. From there I plan on setting up all the industries and the base session...Then I'm not sure if I will release a preliminary version withought scenery...or not...I'm just not sure yet! I'm looking for a CPR water tower if anyone wants to make me one! I need both the 40k and 20k gallon versions as well as the double spout version for Brookmere

Thanks guys! I'll try and get some more screens up tonight but I can't guarantee anything as my computer crashed when I was trying to install the TS2010 SP2 and now nothing works. I hope that I can fix it.

ok here are some more pics of Myra Canyon. I need some feedback. Do you guys like the detailed rock or the brownish generic rock? Keep in mind that these pics are very preliminary..still have to add the telegraph poles and other details.

One of the pooley creek bridge...thanks Ben!

In answer to your question I prefer the brownish rock. There are many brownish rocks to choose from other than the generic one. If you want I will look up the kuids of some of them for you. Keep up the very nice work.

Back