Thread: Mini Map Direction Change

Default Mini Map Direction Change

Howdie Everyone

In combining 3 sections of a layout into one I find myself in a pickle. 2 of the 3 layouts are running East to West, but 1 is running North to South. How do I change this North to South into running East to West in merging them

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm in TRS2004 and all layouts are suppose to be in a East to West layout

Jack
    Have a set, I'll be with you in a moment

In TRS 2004 you can not rotate a map after it has been created. On the old forum I seem to remember there was a program you could buy that would allow you to change the baseboard height but I don't remember if you could also rotate before merging.
    TRS 2004 - Trainz version 2.4 (BUILD 2365)

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Jack,

I am sorry to be the one to bring you the disappointing news. There is unfortunately no way to rotate a baseboard, or change its height. Perhaps this may appear someday(tm) in a future version of Trainz, as this has been suggested in the Suggestion Boxcar Forum.

The only way to work around this pickle is to put your imported layout a distance away from your original, and build some in between baseboards to blend the old to the new.

Sorry,

John

I haven't tried this but it may be passable to copy the section of the map and then past it down and then rotate the pasted part but I am not sure. But to physically rotate a map is not possible as said before

New "Alberta Run" on the DLS see pictures and more
    here

Thanks guys, the originator put the first section incorrectly North to South instead of East to West as he did on section 2 and 3. I guess that is what they make blanks for. Fill-ins!

Jack
    Have a set, I'll be with you in a moment