Tiny Trainz

JRT

Banned
In the newsletter that Auran has just sent, they have just announced Tiny Trainz. I don't know how many of you remember, but when I released Turbo Trainz in my magazine Trainz Magazine. There was a second project that I looked at but thought Auran or N3V Games would not continue on it. I was wrong, Tiny Trainz that started out as a video of a toy train in a bed room on a baseboard has became a game. What are you thoughts on Tiny Trainz?

Newsletter Link to read: http://www.ts2009.com/newsletter/2010_jan/Jan_15th.html

Cheers,
JRT

Looks like it could be a hit with the kids, but why'o'why is it set in America, the car is left hand drive and there is a 'gasoline' sign.

Cheers David

Just when I thought they couldn't lower the bar any further .... I'll never underestimate them again :hehe:

Trainz X

ROFL

Last edited:
under the coach??????

Just when I thought they couldn't lower the bar any further .... I'll never underestimate them again :hehe:

Trainz X

ROFL

Just for fun I rang my seven year old nephew and asked him if he could spell "Couch" . . . . . and he could. I'm forwarding his CV to Auran.:hehe:

Maybe they have bigger "lounge rooms" down under.

Never trust a spell checker if you're trying to flog something.

Have a niece day.

Martin♦

What the heck is Auran thinking, Id rather have them spend the resources on working on an SP2 for 2010EE or Fixing up the DLS. Then make a game that look likes its going to flop. Iam sorry I have backed Auran and I have been overjoyed with each Trainz product. But this just seems stupid.

A disappointed hert:confused:

Yeah would rather see Auran fixing DLS and TS2010 also, for current users, rather than this kids stuff.

Most companies try to diversify to create new revenue streams.

Unfortunately, even with it's track record, Auran doesn't realise that it's not always a good idea to go down this road if it means neglecting your "backbone" product.

Remember how Trainz built Auran up to a large company, and then had to play second fiddle to FURY because it was no longer important enough?

Remember how Trainz was the only part of Auran worth saving after FURY had sucked the life out of them.

Remember when we had an actual Train enthusiast at the helm of Auran, and the product was given the resources and respect it deserved?

If they want new revenue streams, why don't they create some addon packages that AREN'T created by the community, and sell them to the regions.
UK pack with several UK locos, several UK carriages and wagons, all interactive and using the latest features of TS2009/TS2010, and charge £20 for it.
Do the same for US and Australia regions, and if popular, maybe other regions.

I wouldn't mind giving my money to Auran to support them for products like that, but Tiny Trainz?
I don't think so.

Smiley.

I'll reserve judgment until they show us more info. It sounds like it could be fun; my 3 yr old enjoys playing with Trainz on my system, so she might enjoy this.

What the heck is Auran thinking, Id rather have them spend the resources on working on an SP2 for 2010EE or Fixing up the DLS. Then make a game that look likes its going to flop. Iam sorry I have backed Auran and I have been overjoyed with each Trainz product. But this just seems stupid.

A disappointed hert:confused:
Yeah would rather see Auran fixing DLS and TS2010 also, for current users, rather than this kids stuff.
Most companies try to diversify to create new revenue streams.
I wouldn't mind giving my money to Auran to support them for products like that, but Tiny Trainz?
I don't think so.

Smiley.
All of this.

Looks interesting.
I want to see more, but I think I'll show my younger cousin this.
I noticed a Nintendo Wii in the background in the screenshot with the fishbowl. Does Nintendo have some function in this game?!
My two cents.
~TTT100~

This is the most (removed) idea in history. Come on Auran, fix everything that is wrong with the DLS and Trainz 2010 and stop making new stupid crap that is useless to us!

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

Excellent sales and marketing idea.

Planting the seeds for future Trainz customers.

I like the way Auran thinks.... out of the box... for the future of Trainz.

Have fun,:)

Huh?

I really don't know what is going on but this is ridiculous, I'd rather see problems being solved for two versions and these are trainz 2009 world builder edition and TS 2010 enginner's edition rather having kid stuff on here!

FOR GOD'S SAKE, AURAN!

Whoever mentioned this idea in the first place should be shot. Along with the second man who told everyone else!
For God's sake, Auran! You are getting worse and worse every year! Just churning out games once or twice a year, all of which always end up being filled with millions of bugs that are left alone by your millions of service packs, hotfixes and patches!
How about this:
1. Start a game project.
2. Get the core working done.
3. Make some demo content using all the features of the game.
4. Test them.
5. Build the rest.
6. Notice how I say build. That doesn't mean put non corrected, original Trainz content in that only works because it's built in!
7. Maybe get the community involved in some way. Content building a prime way.
8. Test everything! Make sure everything is as flawless as possible! (but knowing Auran, as flawless as possible actually means riddled with bugs!)
9. When everything's sorted, give it to the community!
10. Remember that a good game doesn't take a year. A REALLY good game takes at LEAST a year.
11. Say good-bye to your millions of followers who are continuously appauled by this rubbish.
12. A dog is for life, not just for Christmas! :D:hehe:

Understand? Doesn't look like it to me!

Back