New Aircraft

Just a suggestion-For the guns on the aircraft, you could make a rule so the AI fires, an you can have very realistic dogfights in Trainz.
The guns can fire in AI control, but trying to have a "dog fight" may be very hard to set up. Even trying to get them to fly in formation is very hard to do as well.

Craig
:):):)

Owning and playing Microsoft Combat Flight Simualtor myself, I find dogfights really thrilling. A shame that the planes fly on invisible track rather than freely. When I download these, I am so going to pull my joystick out every time I use them.:D
Vulcan, I stand by what I said earlier. You've gone and created most of WWII Britain's aircraft there, why not make a batch of German aircraft after this? You know, the Messerschmitts, Heinkels, Dorniers that sort of thing. As the Spitfire and ME109 are practically the same design, it wouldn't be much more than a reskin anyway.

But Scottling was referring to the similarity in profile to the Spitfire...which I can see. If not exact, they are generally close in appearance.

ME109

Last edited:
bf109.jpg

hurricane.jpg

spitfire-IIA.jpg

Me 109 and a Hurricane maybe, but not a Spitfire.

Great models, I look forward to being able to use them.

Last edited:
Mozzie

A few to go yet:

Hurricane
Tempest
Typhoon
Wellington
Mosquito
Sunderland

would be nice. :)

Definitely a Mosquito please, brilliant aircraft, and made out of wood!

The similarities between the 109 and Spit are that they are fighters and have a vaguely similar shape. The Hurricane is much closer, got narrower wings for a start.
But all good planes and did well in their time. Hurricanes were usually left to deal with bombers while the Spits took on fighters, in general of course....
Yes, I remember it, I was alive and kicking during WWII. I can recall seeing Barrage Balloons being shot down in flames almost over our house.

Angela

Sorry but to me saying you can reskin one to make another is just the same as reskinning (say) an LMS 2P and calling it a SR L1. After all they are both inside cylinder 4-4-0s.

On a personal note I am glad members of the ROC did not find them similar or I might not be here to write this.

Definitely a Mosquito please, brilliant aircraft, and made out of wood!
Yess! The wooden wonder.
cs1.gif

My wishlist:
P47 razorback
FW190A butcherbird
Because I
g094.gif
radial engines.

FW 190 D (the best German airkraft during ww2 in my eyes)
Bf 109 E (original engine please)

The Heros:
Bf 109 F-4/Trop 3./JG 27, flown by Hans-Joachim Marseille
Bf 109 G-14 JG52, flown Erich Hartmann

Scottling was referring to the similarity in profile to the Spitfire. If not exact, they are generally close in appearance.

Well, that is sort of what I was trying to get across. Okay yes I was actually completely wrong in saying it's a simple reskin. I'm just trying to take a bit of a load off Vulcan who I'm sure has other things to worry about! He has other things he could be building, but of course that is his decision when all is said and done. And you are also correct amigacooke, I had forgotten some of those. When it comes to the Tempest and Typhoon, they are actually (and correct me if I'm wrong:hehe: ) close to identical. At least that's how it looks in CFS. Again, I could be wrong.
On the subject of German WWII aircraft, I was thinking about all the aircraft companies Germany had back then:
Messerschmitt (109, 110 and 262 jet)
Heinkel (111 and others)
Dornier (17 and 335)
Focke Wulf (190)
Junkers (87 Stuka and 88 Schwalbe)
If Vulcan has the time and the motivation to create these aircraft, would he be so kind as to make them please?

If you youngsters are so interested in WW2 aircraft simulation, why not just buy an aircraft simulator and let us concentrate on getting a world wider selection of trains.

The comments of a grumpy old man who bought Trainz to run trains and would like a lot more older ones from his neck of the woods.

If you youngsters are so interested in WW2 aircraft simulation, why not just buy an aircraft simulator and let us concentrate on getting a world wider selection of trains.

The comments of a grumpy old man who bought Trainz to run trains and would like a lot more older ones from his neck of the woods.
Yes well this thread has changed from when I first started it. I put it into the Screenshots forum as I wanted to show some larger screenshots of Vulcan's (Ian's) great new planes he is working on. I feel there is a place for planes within Trainz so to me that is not a real problem.

However, this thread has gone from showing screenshots of new content, to a history lesson and now a request thread.

I hope it does not get out of hand as we never know when Ian may show us some new work. With this thread still going his interest in creating Planes hopefully will be encouraged, without taking away our interest of this hobby of ours in trains.

Craig
:):):)

New Aircraft
Hi guys,

IMHO the title of this thread is quite self-explaning. After reading the titles of threads I always decide whether going in or letting it go.

I've always expected here to see and read about planes (which are present in Trainz as cars and ships and carts and horses and donkeys and buses and gliders and bikes and horse-wagons and cowboys and primitive Americans and Cameron Diaz and Martians and aliens and...) and that's what I get here... airplanes and their circumstances presented originally as trainzy screenshots and commented later with side topics of interest.

The interested-in-trainzy-planes side of Alberte :wave:

Warning heavy sarcasm.

Oh I can just imagine the fun and carnage of a interior fitted DRG Hechtwagen full of German reconvalescant soldiers on their way to hospital and therapy being torn apart by a flight of Typhoons or Thunderbolts.

This game has so many possibilities; all it takes is a little scripting and some twinkles effects and WWII is just as pretty as in Pearl Harbour. Folks puleeze.......

Realistically how often do you see a Warthog fire its ordnance anyway near a railway? I like planes, espicailly the Warthog, but rather than drooling over the capability of firing missiles, I would like to see more of the average run-of-the-mill aircraft that you see from the train.

Last edited:
Oh I can just imagine the fun and carnage of a interior fitted DRG Hechtwagen full of German reconvalescant soldiers on their way to hospital and therapy being torn apart by a flight of Typhoons or Thunderbolts.

It seems, Storm of war/Battle of Britain, published by Ubi-Soft would be Your new favourite simulation game.
cs11.gif

Insperation

After a brief visit to Vulcans Secret Lab today.........Chuffbuff and myself were reunited with co-conspiriters Shamrock NormP Mulie and our newly crowned .....Pub Ledgend ...Willem2
Suffering a bit of burn out slack-ass ......due to work related issues and time and a trillian other reasons why I hav'nt been bothered ............
Watching the A10 Warthog zoom around ...no tanks to destroy on your map
(I demand Tanks next time)...:p I like the script ....for tail dragers......->
You have inspired me........I'm thinking too much after seeing your airforce
I love out the box thinking .........................
bomberpn6.jpg

Love it Love it Love it
twc5kc9.jpg

brings back old memeroies
bsgeverxv7.jpg

@Dreddman

First pic: BOMB IT, BOMB IT, BOMB IT NOW!!!! Then again, by now you've missed it anyway.

Third pic: Good lord, it's the Star Runner! (from the T.V kids series Silversun.)

What is that aircraft? It looks like a B-29, but it might be something else....

:D Dreddy great screenies as all ways Mate :D

@ scottling
Third pic: Good lord, it's the Star Runner! (from the T.V kids series Silversun.) Wow you must be young :D ( Jokeing )

Its a scene from BattleStar Galacticta :hehe:

Poul

Back