.
Page 2 of 314 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 4705

Thread: New Aircraft

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Montana, USA
    Posts
    1,741
     

    Default

    *starts drooling uncontrollably*



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Pennsylvania, Johnstown
    Posts
    1,746
     

    Default

    Planes, trains and automobiles! Great stuff! Vulcan is a genius!
    Still Working on Bethlehem Steel Shortlines.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, Qld, Gold Coast
    Posts
    738
     

    Default

    Amen. And btw, do these planes have prototypical enginesounds? Like does it have a Rolls-Royce Merlin sound in that Spitfire?
    Also, do we have a possible release date? I can't wait for these, neither can anyone else.
    Last edited by scottling; January 10th, 2010 at 01:44 AM.
    Got gimmie pigs? No sweat...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,425
    Blog Entries
    2
     

    Default

    Does the bell do anything?
    Jamie
    PS Can you drive in CAB Mode?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW, Bega
    Posts
    2,887
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottling View Post
    Amen. And btw, do these planes have prototypical enginesounds? Like does it have a Rolls-Royce Merlin sound in that Spitfire?
    Also, do we have a possible release date? I can't wait for these, neither can anyone else.
    Can not say I have paid to much attention to the engine sounds and then if I did I would probably not know what the sound should sound like. I have sent Ian a link to this page so he may drop in and let us all know how he is going with these Planes. I know over the Christmas period he has been busy with the normal Chrissy stuff and there where some other things he was looking at as well, so I do not think much has happened for a little while.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJDella View Post
    Does the bell do anything?
    Jamie
    PS Can you drive in CAB Mode?
    Using the Bell fire the guns off

    Not sure about CAB mode as I can not use it in normal Engines anyway, though I know there are no controls in the Planes so at a guess it would be a rather bumpy ride in CAB mode . Well after take off you would hit the ground fast, if you could take off .

    In short, no CAB control only DCC.

    Craig

    Member since August 31, 2002

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    2,333
    Blog Entries
    1
     

    Default

    I'm not sure those aircraft have driveable in dls yet?


    NKP

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW, Bega
    Posts
    2,887
     

    Default

    They're drivable but they are not on the DLS yet.

    Craig

    Member since August 31, 2002

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
    Posts
    1,168
     

    Default

    Awesome!! thank you.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, Qld, Gold Coast
    Posts
    738
     

    Default

    I think the website said that you can drive it in CAB or DCC mode, but there are no moveable controls. And to hear the enginesound that a real Spitfire would make, search YouTube for 'Spitfire Merlin sound' or something similar, and that'll give you a rough idea. Once you hear it, you'll never forget it!
    Got gimmie pigs? No sweat...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Florida, Crestview
    Posts
    2,841
     

    Default

    I see there is a Bristol Beufighter. It does not seem to be on the DLS, yet.
    My brother has hand made a 1/4 scale (as in HUGE) radio controled Beufighter that has won many awards. Just wait until he sees one flying around on my Trainz layout.
    Dell XPS8700 i5 cpu, Win10, 12G RAM, Asus GTX745 4G, HD 1T

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Florida
    Posts
    7,182
    Blog Entries
    3
     

    Default

    A footnote --- the A-10 is an air force base plane, not army, as I stated eariler!

    sorry about that!

    Ishie

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW, Bega
    Posts
    2,887
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ish6 View Post
    A footnote --- the A-10 is an air force base plane, not army, as I stated eariler!

    sorry about that!

    Ishie
    Did some reading up on that yesterday on Wikipedia. It is an Air Force plane that works with Army ground forces and in those actual times are in "temporary/combat" control by the Army. Apparently until Iraq and Afghanistan, the A-10 and similar Aircraft where not that well respected as a Combat Ground Attack Aircraft however its ability to survive enemy ground attack has proven itself very valuable. The preferred Aircraft was the Helicopter for ground attacks and Anti-Tank attacks however it did not provide the protection needed for the Pilot and thus the Aircraft.

    Interesting to read some of these things from time to time.

    Craig

    Member since August 31, 2002

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, Queensland, Brisbane
    Posts
    841
     

    Default

    Hi Guys, thanks for the interest and nice comments, appreciated.

    Craig does some nice screenshots.

    None of the aircraft are quite finished yet, I have to refine the script that lifts the tail on some. Perhaps I should get back to that project?

    The B24 still requires an interior, and the Mustang needs the landing gear and interior. The others are complete, but I need to look for errors and decide if specular lighting should be added on some.

    My Bell helicopter does have a full cab with levers that operate, this can take a long time to model. Since then I have decided to use invisible cabs, instead of taking the time to do individual operating cabs for ships and aircraft, no levers. After all there would only be two required levers in a plane, the throttle and brake....and a brake on a ship?

    When you first enter cab view you see a screen of the scene in front of the plane. Using the [ and ] keys cycles through a number of other cab views, which are external attachment points to the main mesh. This is the only way to see loaded passengers as products. The benefits are that the same invisible cab can be used for all models. Hope you are not disappointed in this process, I try to balance a reasonable quality with moderate construction time.

    Yes they will operate in DCC (cab mode) as there are no operating levers in the simple cockpit, you use the keyboard to operate - see the Auran manual. I need to adjust the engine script for the higher speeds to be achieved in cab mode.



    I have tried to use correct sound files to construct the engine sound, I do like the Merlins and have tried to adopt that sound, but the sound you would hear in the cockpit is never the same as a Spitfire flying by, a dopler effect in Trainz would be interesting.

    A disappointment is the automatic operation of the panrograph under AI as Craig mentioned, in built code cannot be overridden. The track trigger Craig mentioned is nice, under dc operation to lift the wheels at the end of the runway as the aircraft lifts off, and it lowers them on landing. Now if he can get the creator to release it, that would be nice too.

    I have also put the rear limback point some distance behind the aircrafts, so you can fly them behind each other (coupled) but having a separation distance.

    I need to mention Craig is using TRS2004 I believe, and requires to use the invisible track type he specifies. I convinced Auran to change the code for TRS2006 to allow invisible track to show in Surveyor and the minimap, but be invisible in Driver. My invisible tracks (four colours) are suited to TRS2006 and less obtrusive in Surveyor. The models are classified as for TRS2004, but I check them in TS2009 for errors.

    I had in mind to do a P38 lightning later if I get interested, had not thought of passenger aircraft, there are probably too many variants, and other have done a few already.

    Ian
    Last edited by vulcan; September 25th, 2011 at 06:19 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Florida
    Posts
    7,182
    Blog Entries
    3
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seeseeme View Post
    Did some reading up on that yesterday on Wikipedia. It is an Air Force plane that works with Army ground forces and in those actual times are in "temporary/combat" control by the Army. Apparently until Iraq and Afghanistan, the A-10 and similar Aircraft where not that well respected as a Combat Ground Attack Aircraft however its ability to survive enemy ground attack has proven itself very valuable. The preferred Aircraft was the Helicopter for ground attacks and Anti-Tank attacks however it did not provide the protection needed for the Pilot and thus the Aircraft.

    Interesting to read some of these things from time to time.

    Craig
    Hi Craig,

    that's right my dear friend .... try MSFX or X-plane and you can flies these babies or online flying games, etc ...

    thanks Graig for your post -- great reading!!
    Ish

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Florida
    Posts
    7,182
    Blog Entries
    3
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    Hi Guys, thanks for the interest and nice comments, appreciated.

    Craig does some nice screenshots.

    None of the aircraft are quite finished yet, I have to refine the script that lifts the tail on some. Perhaps I should get back to that project?

    The B24 still requires an interior, and the Mustang needs the landing gear and interior. The others are complete, but I need to look for errors and decide if specular lighting should be added on some.

    My Bell helicopter does have a full cab with levers that operate, this can take a long time to model. Since then I have decided to use invisible cabs, instead of taking the time to do individual operating cabs for ships and aircraft, no levers. After all there would only be two required levers in a plane, the throttle and brake....and a brake on a ship?

    When you first enter cab view you see a screen of the scene in front of the plane. Using the [ and ] keys cycles through a number of other cab views, which are external attachment points to the main mesh. This is the only way to see loaded passengers as products. The benefits are that the same invisible cab can be used for all models. Hope you are not disappointed in this process, I try to balance a reasonable quality with moderate construction time.

    Yes they will operate in DCC (cab mode) as there are no operating levers in the simple cockpit, you use the keyboard to operate - see the Auran manual. I need to adjust the engine script for the higher speeds to be achieved in cab mode.



    I have tried to use correct sound files to construct the engine sound, I do like the Merlins and have tried to adopt that sound, but the sound you would hear in the cockpit is never the same as a Spitfire flying by, a dopler effect in Trainz would be interesting.

    A disappointment is the automatic operation of the panrograph under AI as Craig mentioned, in built code cannot be overridden. The track trigger Craig mentioned is nice, under dc operation to lift the wheels at the end of the runway as the aircraft lifts off, and it lowers them on landing. Now if he can get the creator to release it, that would be nice too.

    I have also put the rear limback point some distance behind the aircrafts, so you can fly them behind each other (coupled) but having a separation distance.

    I need to mention Craig is using TRS2004 I believe, and requires to use the invisible track type he specifies. I convinced Auran to change the code for TRS2006 to allow invisible track to show in Surveyor and the minimap, but be invisible in Driver. My invisible tracks (four colours) are suited to TRS2006 and less obtrusive in Surveyor. The models are classified as for TRS2004, but I check them in TS2009 for errors.

    I had in mind to do a P38 lightning later if I get interested, had not thought of passenger aircraft, there are probably too many variants, and other have done a few already.

    Ian
    Hello Ian, sir

    Thank you for that in-depth explanation about your latest masterpieces!!

    As for commercial airplanes -- I've reskin two dozen, which still sits in my files, so, if you do come across in making these, sir, please let me know (dropping an e-mail or pm) ... I would, certainly, enjoyed seeing them first them.

    I am a huge plane fanatic ... I have Microsoft flight simulators, etc and x-plane -- etc ... in their forums, you can download schemes, etc which, most are license as freeware -- (just to give you a another aveune if you need that type of livery skins)

    Thank for making these, especially the A-10 ... great machine if you fly it in MSFX ... the real way -!

    Ish

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •