New Aircraft

Hi Jamie

Can't get into your picture link, access denied, but I have eight 747 liveries aready, that is the problem. To change the landing gear I have to do work on all eight in 3dsmax, so it takes a long time. Then I find another thing to change, and do it again. :confused:

Ian

Hello Ian,

When I was reskinning all of my jumbo jets, etc I found this site to be very very useful!! :wave:

http://www.airliners.net/

Great stuff, sir!!! :p

Ishie

A side note -- If you ever make a cargo plane, etc I made this last year (the cargo delivery platform and the stairs -- as for the planes they are both static and drivable for those who might curious!! (Craig, still got your plane in file too, LOL) ...

containerlaoder.jpg

smiley1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Vulcan
With your Hercules Transport Planes, do you think you could somehow make them have invisible track inside them for like a tank or a army truck if they are ever made as locomotives
Jamie

Hi Ish,

Yes there are some good pictures on that site, and your airport objects will be useful.

Jamie, no you cannot put track inside the aircraft, only if you make a transfer table can you get things to load as you might like. My ferries and barges will carry rollingstock but they are made as transfer tables, not very versatile.

I think the 747 logo could be a problem with copyright Jamie, rather not go there.

I mentioned the models were to be build 2.6 because of the trigger requirements. There are also other good reasons to move there:

the click clack track sound can be disabled in TRS2006;
the invisible track will show in the minimap, near impossible to navigate without it;
fixed track objects can be made in TRS2006, my taxiways use these, so you see you really are very limited in TRS2004, time to move on.

Ian

Hi Ian,

The original artwork belongs to Ben, sorry I forgot his forum name; But he uses real airliner logo's, like American, etc -- most airlines especially those at the site I've posted will allow folks to use their logo for non-commercial use!! Usually they have a log line about that! It's all about looking for that line -- I guess if Jamie can find the log line of a specific logo he can then present that to you, and therefore you can make a decision, if you do decide to go that route!

Great work, and looking for to seeing your airline commercial stuff!! :wave:

Ishie

cargo plane

Ishie,

I was wondering if the 2 following are available for download anywhere:the cargo delivery platform and the stairs

Thanks Joe.

Ishie,

I was wondering if the 2 following are available for download anywhere:the cargo delivery platform and the stairs

Thanks Joe.

Hi Joe,

Those two items sit in my files --I mentioned it because Ian is getting into making jumbo jets, etc ... i guess I upload whenever I get back into trainz, since I have not done anything since Dec of last year! It's part of a huge package so it's why I won't upload them separately, in case you're curious as to why not!!

Take care Joe!!
Ish

Thanks

Ishie

Thanks for your quick reply. Looking forward to those items when you finally upload them to the DLS.

Have a great day.

Joe.

Hey Vulcan
How do your triggers work that boat made, like what are the effects??
Jamie
250th Post!

Last edited:
Hello Jamie,

I explained some of the actions on the previous page where I mentioned how the A380 works with the triggers, and I have updated my webpage as well.

The trigger will activate the horn, bell or sanding function and any other animation or effect I care to use. I use those to trigger effects on the already released aircraft which can react to the triggers, but they have limited functions. The new aircraft will have additional effects, like the A380 flaps and spoilers. I could not release them until Boat had finished his trigger.

I have updated the A10, but there is still a lot of work to make all the aircraft consistent, mainly changing the landing gear from a pantograph. The Boomerang is uploaded, I hope to perhaps upload the Messerschmitt tomorrow if I get time, then on to the more complicated ones.

For each aircraft, the trigger effects may be different you will need to read the aircraft config file to see which is applicable. See the web page for further explanation, check the F-111.

Ian

I was just reading the F-111 (can't wait, need bomber) and it said the afterburner at night kicks in using L, that's the headlight right, so that means that if you fly an F-111 in AI at night the afterburners will come on as you take off and gain hieght??
Jamie

Not quite Jamie, good question

Manual operation:

The afterburners come on at 400kph, but you can change that in the config file it you want. As you slow below 400, they go off. At night this day time effect is a bit dull, so if you use the light L you can turn on an extra night afterburner effect that is brighter. As I noted, you now have two meshes occupying the same space and they flicker a bit, adding to the effect.

Now if you land at night, the day effect cuts out at 400, but the night effect operated by the light does not go out when you stop, you do need to remember to turn it off with the light. The other issue is that when you use the light key, the headlight comes on (the one near the front landing gear) and you may not want to fly around lighting up the scenery, you might get shot down. :p

AI operation:

Yes the headlight will come on under AI, and the night afterburner will then be on all the time. If you Ctrl right click on the model in Driver you can turn the headlight off. We did not configure Boat's trigger to operate the light, and I am not sure if you can turn the light off under AI with someone else's trigger, if that exists (you can't change the pantographs auto operation under AI, which is why I went away from using them for landing gear).

I guess on landing under AI with the afterburner on, you may miss the end of the runway. :hehe:

I have now added a similar effect to the missiles, it looks realistic when they fire. The A10 has been update with this as well and I will replace the DLS model sometime soon.

Ian

Last edited:
Also Vulcan
I may be getting a little annoying, sorry last question for a week
How many passengers do the A380's load??
And also a screenshot so this thread doesn't get banned
screeniemustang16102.jpg

And
screeniemustang1610.jpg

He he, a picture at last.

The info I included in the config file:

"A Qantas Airbus A380 aircraft. It operates on invisible track and will load passengers at a suitable landing area. The real aircraft has a top speed of 634 mph (1020 kph) and an all up weight of 276,800 kg. It can carry 525 to 853 passengers."

I have configured it for a max queue size of 524, initial load 120 passengers.

Ian

Oh yes, more toys to play with!:hehe:

Following your progress with excitement, if it means removing the old versions and replacing them, I am all for it.

I'm just going to nip off and look through the DLS now....

And on the subject of planes, several awesome things have happened in my life during the past couple of weeks.:D
Firstly, my visit to the Emu Gully Air and Land Spectacular, with the 3/4 scale Spitfire, Focke Wulf FW190 (full size), Mitsubishi Zero and three Tiger Moths, with a grand finale at the end: a T28 on a napalm drop.... I really do love the smell of napalm in the morning.:hehe:

Then, just last weekend, I got my very first plastic Airfix model. It's a P-51 Mustang, C-SL "Daddy's Girl" as flown by Colonel John C. Meyer.

And so, on that bombshell (how appropriate);)
Happy Trainzing/Planezing.
Scott.

Mitsubishi Zero

Vulcan
Can you make a mitsubisi zero so i can make:​
Trainz: Pearl Harbour
The end of Peace
:hehe: It needs Torpedos that act similarily to the paveways on your A10s

Calrail​

scott, A few years ago, I had the opportunity to visit the workshop in Brisbane where they make the 3/4 size Spitfires, very interesting.
calrail, the zero might be a long way down the list, you know where the "Z" comes. :p

Sorry I have been a little slow in adding to the DLS, I have had some script problems that effected all aircraft, but sorted now I think. As I mentioned, all the released aircraft will be upgraded.

The Lockheed P38 Lightning, and Messerschmitt BF109 are now on the DLS, including a replacement for the Boomerang.

The three replacement B24s and the Sunderland should be there in a few hours. All these have the replacement landing gear animated depending on the aircraft speed, not as a pantograph. They also are able to use the new Aircraft Action Trigger by Boat kuid [FONT=Verdana, Arial]76656:24050, many thanks for his work.[/FONT]

The trigger is placed on the track and a channel number is set to trigger an action on an aircraft. Please refer to the aircraft's config file to check which action is associated with which channel number. Additional information will be on my webage.

Another enhancement is that you can change the speeds at which tilting (banking) takes place, and also the takeoff speed that triggers the landing gear. The changeable values are in the string table of the config file.

I will upload updated aircraft over time, along with new ones. The updated A10 should be the next one. All aircraft will be build 2.6.

I wonder if anyone will post some pictures.:sleep:

Ian

Last edited:
Hi, There is always a chance a model can generate a script error that was not found during testing.

Can you give me a bit more information on the script fault:

What version are you using;
does it happen as soon as you load driver;
what is the error message;
have you tried a blank baseboard with the one aircraft;
is the aircraft generating the message or something else in your map.

I have just downloaded the Messerschmitt from the DLS to check the uploaded version, run it in TS2009 and TS2020 native mode without script errors.

Ian

Back