Page 11 of 310 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aircraft

Hello Jamie,

I may do some of those later, but the helicopters really should have working interiors and that takes some time. I am also having some problems getting the engine config for modern aircraft to actually reach their maximum speeds, and I feel it is then just too fast to operate in Trainz.

I had a few requests for passenger aircraft, so am working on those. The Boeing 747s and the Airbus 380 are near finished. I have done a number of airlines, they load passengers, here is the Air New Zealand 747.

and the Qantas A380.

I could not find suitable runway models, so constructed one with attached track allowing taxiing on and off, takeoff and landing, and touch and go operations. There are three tracks attached for these operations with appropriate glide slopes.

Here is the Singapore Airlines A380 landing at night.

Again, there are no suitable passenger or cargo unloading terminals, so I am having to develop those, this will take some time, as the aircraft and airports will have to work together before they are released.

Ian
    Last edited by vulcan; September 25th, 2011 at 05:51 PM.

Very Nice Ian, great work again. The 747 and the A380, amazing work and with interior lights for night time flying, plus different Airline liveries.

Any possibility of static ones as well to populate our Airports with?

Congratulations on another fine creation.

Many thanks,

Craig

Member since August 31, 2002

Thanks Craig,

Static ones should not be a problem, will keep that in mind. It seems that to get what I would like for aircraft operation I need to build the whole system of aircraft, runways, and terminals.

This is the terminal progress.

Ian
    Last edited by vulcan; September 25th, 2011 at 08:01 AM.

I like the terminal Ian, looks good. Though I almost knocked my head on the monitor trying to "zoom" in closer

Craig

Member since August 31, 2002

Hi Ian
    Great Planes and airports
    Keep up the great work

Poul

Hi Vulcan, I've always had a facination with the DeHavilland Caribou. One of my favourite planes as a kid, still is. Love the engine sound on those things, short take off and landing aircraft. Just wondering if you would have plans to make a Caribou.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ro...u_-_A4-299.jpg

Watch this video on YouTube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTj9Ru0d1jA
    Last edited by colhad; April 6th, 2010 at 03:24 AM.

I don't know if anybody's noticed this, but when the B-24's get up to speed, they tilt forward like a helicopter.

Did you say model railroad?

Default The most awful thing I have witnessed in my life

Watched Colhad's Youtube video link, and I clicked on another link http://www.youtube.com/v/ZNJMxOoF3H8

WOW Looks Great Vulcan!!!

Blog Entries

Could you guys upload your planes to TPR or store them directly on the website. The DLS is not safe or good place for them at the moment. I am having trouble with it. It's taking me 1 hour to get just the A10 Thunberbolt Warhog.

Still worth it.

Cheers,
    Joshua

United States of America, Missouri, St.Louis

Stumbled across this thread out of curiosity. I must say, this is the greatest "stumbleupon" I have ever done. I absolutely can't say how happy I am to see the A-10. I'd fly one if I ever went into the Air Force. Can definitely say I will download it ASAP.
    Some like butter,
    Some like cream...
    I like trains that run on steam.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Col, perhaps a Caribou can be added to the list.

Jmeinig, the script uses a non linear equation for the pitch of the aircraft and is necessary to lift the tail on some of the planes when they come up to takeoff speed. Unfortunately the pitch angle is based on speed, and you cannot just stop the pitch increase after takeoff, the best you can do is make the further pitch changes minimal by adjusting the equation.

For the B24, this pitch change is not necessary, the plane starts off level, and it looks like I have used the wrong script for the model. I also notice some texture problems with the camouflage version so I will look at the B24 models and script again, thanks for the information.

Joshua, I don't have enough space on my website to store models, I prefer that they all be on the DLS, this helps support Auran encouraging users to buy a legal copy of Trainz to get the models. I also favour the DLS for all route dependencies, it is very frustrating to find some critical route dependencies are on a remote website (if you can find it), and then have to create a login password to get them.

I hope the DLS issues clear up soon, Auran have improved their asset approval system recently and that is nmuch faster to get them to the DLS.

I am working through some window night lighting for the 747s at the minute, takes some time because I have done a number of airline colours, Air New Zealand, United, KLM, British Airways, Lufthansa ... and Singapore Airlines for the A380, and the windows are different in each aircraft.

.... and this one.

Ian
    Last edited by vulcan; September 25th, 2011 at 08:00 AM.

Looking fantastic there Ian, well done.

I see KLM is included in your list .

ps.(flashing light completed and working) thanks.

Cheers,

Bill.
    Living in ParadiseMember since May03

Hi Bill,

Yes I saw your post on the lights.
    This what you were looking for, remind you of home?

While the mesh for the 747 is about 60 hours, the reskin took three this morning and a bit more to add the lighting - I was a bit optimistic with my time estimate last night.

Guys, the camouflage B24 has an early unfinished texture in the uploaded model, and I cannot find the correct one, so I will rework that model. The script file is also incorrect so I will upload replacements for all the B24 models.

Ian
    Last edited by vulcan; September 25th, 2011 at 07:58 AM.

Hi Ian,

Some great looking planes there mate, , I especially love the 747's and the A380 !. Just wondering if you could do some smaller Australian domestic aircraft, such as Qantas/Virgin Blue 737's or maybe a Jetstar A320? They don't have to be working, just static models would be great (sorry to sound pesky !)

Cheers,

Matt
    Last edited by thebigman; April 7th, 2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: spelling mistake