New Aircraft

Hi guys. Pascal is doing a nice job with the aircraft. In the current climate I am trying to keep models going so we all have a hobby in our abundant spare time. Hope you are all doing well. :)

There are quite a few new models, I have not posted all pictures but here are the latest, very strange looking aircraft, but bombers of the same era. Note that the bomb loads are for show only, they do not operate. While I might fire missiles form the aircraft, a gladiator contest if you will, I do not make them drop bombs.

The German Gotha G.IV:

gotha.jpg

The British Handley Page Type O:

hp.jpg

These are now available, I am still working on the Avro 504K model:

avro.jpg

On a number of models, there are options in the config file to show or hide different parts. The Avro has the nose ski listed in the config, option auto-create 1 makes the particular mesh show in the model, changing it to auto-create 0 hides it. I use it for various guns, fuel tanks and similar on other models.

See if you can make use of them and keep safe.

Ian

Last edited:
Thanks Norm, hope that is a Museum, not sure the German and British bombers would be parked together otherwise. :)

I need to replace the Bristol F2, the engine smoke is not turning off, script amendment required. If you want an immediate fix, open script aircraft262.gs, line 196, remove the slashes at the start of the line to make the line active, change the line to:

PostMessage(me, "pfx", "-3 -4",1.0f); // stop exhaust smoke

Ian

Last edited:
Actually a U.S. Roaring Twenties Flying Circus. I'm not sure if any of the Flying Circuses managed to acquire any European bombers although the War Department surely did. Hollywood may have had a few although I seem to remember reading that much of their footage was a blend of live action and Newsreel footage. In any case my Flying Circus has (thanks to you and papou) way too many planes but, hey, why not. :D

Last edited:
Actually a U.S. Roaring Twenties Flying Circus. I'm not sure if any of the Flying Circuses managed to acquire any European bombers although the War Department surely did. Hollywood may have had a few although I seem to remember reading that much of their footage was a blend of live action and Newsreel footage. In any case my Flying Circus has (thanks to you and papou) way too many planes but, hey, why not. :D

Looks like the air park for Howard Hughes' "Hell's Angels," before they found out the hard way that even the craziest stunt flying looks tame on film without clouds in the background. True story: they had to re-shoot everything after looking at the clear-sky footage.

Hello,

New repaints:
Avro 504K, British trainer aircraft. This one was used by the Australian Flying Corps Training Squadrons in Britain, 1917-18.
Avro-504-K-Aussie-Trainer.jpg

Bréguet XIV B2, French bomber. Escadrille BR 127, 1918.
Breguet-14-BR-127.jpg

Pascal

Hello,

1940, Belgian Air Force, 1ere Escadrille de Chasse "La Comete".
Gloster Gladiator Mk I, last biplane fighter, no chance against the Bf 109.
Gladiator-Comete.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12693:1> Gloster Gladiator Mk I Escadille Comete Belgium Startup

Pascal

Hello,

Ready for launch from USS Lexington deck: a Douglas TBD-1 Devastator torpedo-bomber, 1939.
Devastator-Lexington.jpg

Pascal

Great work as always! Not familiar with the paint scheme on the Grumman and the Douglas. I am assuming test or trainer versions?

As a relatively new and grinding...er aspiring World of Warships player, I can attest that that is the correct plane with the correct CV. :D In that game, the colour scheme on the above model is more of a neutral (Navy like) grey but that scheme is on the Torpedo Bombers (dauntless like versions, the name escapes me now). Anyhow, I'm just tossing in my 2 cents to say that the above seems quite factual.

Great model here too of course! :)

Gisa

Hi,
Thanks all,
Before US entry in the war, their aircrafts were painted with those bright colours, generally light grey overall and chromium yellow on the upper wing surfaces. Training aircrafts were all yellow, sometimes blue on fuselage.
After Pearl Harbour, aircrafts were progressively painted with neutral colours, overall light grey, later different shades of blue on top at sea and camo patterns for the land based ones.
Also the red center of the star roundels was overpainted to avoid confusion with the Japanese red roundel.
There are many interesting topics about this history on Wikipedia.
You may also have a look here: http://www.pmcn.de/English/USN Markings I/USN Markings I.htm

Pascal

Last edited:
Hi Norm,
Hoops!, may be it's the corona (the beer, of course), but I did not upload them.
Repaired now.
They were waiting quietly somewhere in the computer..
And, by the way, Ian did not issue his original Breguet XIV model too.

Pascal

Hi Guys,

Yes being a bit slack here, forgot about the Breguet, uploaded this morning.

A couple more, the Messerschmitt262:

messerschmitt262.jpg

and the Vickers Wellington:

wellington.jpg

I have to send the Avro Manchester to Pascal for checking then I will upload that one.

For the carrier aircraft, I need to make some changes to the setting and then upload a new version, I am working up the carrier USS CV5 Yortown to suit these. Like the Nimitz, it is a scenery item, allowing launching and landing of the carrier aircraft.

This is the Yorktown:

yorktown1.jpg

With appropriate action track triggers you can have the wings fold at the start, taxi to the catapults and have the carrier unfold wings and launch the aircraft automatically.

yorktown2.jpg

yorktown3.jpg

You need to set the carrier up, just like the Nimitz, it has attached track for landing and takeoff, but you connect your own track on the deck so you can taxi to where you want to go (you cannot have junctions made as part of an industry model, you need to do this in Surveyor).

This is the track diagram set up for operation, the purple track is user placed, the other coloured tracks are part of the model. This is all explained when you click on the carrier in Surveyor with the question mark (?), you get a popup box showing how to set the track and triggers. I have added a small track just behind the island for a pushback tractor, a carrier tractor is available, but a bit modern for this ship.

yorktown4.jpg

It is not hard to set up and operate, just takes a bit of reading. One problem, in TS12 you could click on the track junctions on the carrier deck in Driver to change directions, this is not possible in Tane or TS12, (someone moved the goal posts), you need to go to the minimap to change junction direction, not hard but not ideal.

After some checking and adjusting settings for the aircraft it will be uploaded. If you wanted to play with the Nimitz, there is a old map and session on the DLS, Carrier Operations, kuid 60238:1084 and 1085.

Ian

Last edited:
Oh my lordy, you people are amazing, and clever. Somehow and sometime (!) I'll have to make a WW2 route to make use of this. Simply brilliant.

Back