New Aircraft

seeseeme

Getting Older :)
Recently someone finally found a page on the internet showing some new Aircraft in development from Vulcan (Ian). I and another member have been testing these Aircraft for some months and the page had been up for some time as well. I always wondered how long it would be before someone "stumbled" across the page :hehe:

http://www.ianztrainz.com.au/project9.htm

With Ian's permission I thought I would post some screenshots of the Aircraft, which are brillient creations that still need some "fine tunning". In the screenshots on my test layout I use a yellow "Invisible" track, it's visible from above but invisible from below. The advantage of the track though is that it's viewable in the Mini Map which makes it much easier to locate. In 2004 I can replace it with another more suitable one later, and I think this can now be done in 2010. Ian, from memory, has tested these in 2006 and they work great in my 2004.

Enjoy.

iansplanes01.jpg

Spitfires gaining speed, they will go around 600kph. Its very hard to get them to fly in formation using the AI function, but still they look great.

iansplanes02.jpg

iansplanes03.jpg

iansplanes06.jpg

The Top and Bottom Turret Guns on this B24 are animated as is the side gun, though they do not fire. From memory only one gun on each Aircraft can fire.

iansplanes05.jpg

Getting ready to take off in formation, still not an easy function to set up though.

iansplanes04.jpg

Continued

Continued

iansplanes07.jpg

The Gatling gun on this Warthog is great to see and hear, the sound is really good.

iansplanes08.jpg

The other new Aircraft on Ian's Website are all equally as good, these just fit a layout I am working on withr nbrettoner (Noel). As I said, they still need some more work until completed and Ian has plans for some more but I am not sure which Aircraft he is planning on doing. It would not matter anyway as they will be all worth while to any layout people are working on or planning.

Craig
:):):)

WOW!!! Outstanding!!!
:p

Thank you Ian creating and sharing superb masterpieces!!!:p

I've always been a huge fan of the A-10, the armies warthog, tanker killer!! I'll be creating items to fit this planes needs, LOL:D

Ishie

Really wonderful, really great! As Ian usually creates! :clap:

The new upward-invisible track idea is really brilliant. ;)

The high-up-in-the-sky side of Alberte :wave:

Gorgeous!

The "propellors in motion" discs on the Spitfires are probably the best I've seen in trainz.

The planes all look like they are banking, or is that just the angle of the screenshots?

Gorgeous!

The "propellors in motion" discs on the Spitfires are probably the best I've seen in trainz.

The planes all look like they are banking, or is that just the angle of the screen shots?

That's right, Deane ... how can I missed that ... they are banking or maybe I need new glasses!!!?:D

Ishie

All Aircraft are banking, the sharper the turn in your track the more they bank. Which means on the runway do not fly fast when turning to take off or your wing will dig into the ground :hehe:, which makes flying hard :hehe:

The yellow Invisible track is great, Noel found it and for placing on a layout using the Mini Map it is very handy, especially if you want to try what I did and have more then one plane fly near each other.

I have also tried having the planes bank and drop down to the ground to attack another plane of ground target, not easy either. Trying to get the camera in the right position is hard to do and as they are travelling very fast it all happens very fast :hehe:

Craig

The full set of features on Ianz Trainz says that the aircraft:
have prototypical top speeds
have a script that lifts the tail on take-off on SOME aircraft
have animated gunners (bombers only)
hornsound is machine gun sound
can bank on turning
landing gear is the pantograph.

I have been watching the site for these to be released, they are SUPERB, Vulcan! Who doesn't love the Spitfire? Nnnnneeeoooowwwrrrmmmmm....... tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka! [whistling] PFOOOOOOOOOOOFFF!
I know! Someone (maybe I) should make a World War 2 route in England somewhere, with steamers down on the ground, and Spitfires patrolling the coast, and bombers going out to bomb Berlin and everything! That would be awesome.
Vulcan, maybe you could make some German planes as well, so we could set up an entire dogfight kind of thing in Trainz.

The full set of features on Ianz Trainz says that the aircraft:
have prototypical top speeds
have a script that lifts the tail on take-off on SOME aircraft
have animated gunners (bombers only)
hornsound is machine gun sound
can bank on turning
landing gear is the pantograph.

I have been watching the site for these to be released, they are SUPERB, Vulcan! Who doesn't love the Spitfire? Nnnnneeeoooowwwrrrmmmmm....... tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka! [whistling] PFOOOOOOOOOOOFFF!
I know! Someone (maybe I) should make a World War 2 route in England somewhere, with steamers down on the ground, and Spitfires patrolling the coast, and bombers going out to bomb Berlin and everything! That would be awesome.
Vulcan, maybe you could make some German planes as well, so we could set up an entire dogfight kind of thing in Trainz.

There are a couple of matters at the moment, one is with the script that lifts the tail off the ground on take-off. It still needs some fine tuning and may be different with each plane. The landing gear does act like a pantograph and works well, with only a slight problem for the Warthog. I have no idea how Ian saw this and when he told me it was very hard to see. On the warthog the wheels raise forward and up, the front wheel actually raises slightly to much for the comfort of the pilot. It ends up between his legs :hehe:. Another screenshot of the landing gear raising as close as I can get for you;

iansplanes09.jpg

With the Landing gear raising, it has the same problem as all other Pantograph's in AI control in that it is raised automatically. The only thing to do with this is to start the plane off on a spare baseboard and reach "flying" height before it comes into view of the actual layout. I have actually had made a handy little tool (by Eldavo) which is not released yet. You place this "trigger" on any track and when you drive over it it will raise or lower the pantograph automatically for you. This works fine with these Planes, but it still does not help in AI control.

Fantastic!! what is name of yellow line(track)? Have in DLS?

NKP
The yellow/orange track used is kuid:210456:10015 - "mshtrck OR 4m" and is on the DLS. As I said it is very handy to use as you can see it in the Mini Map. Once the track is used you can replace it in 2004 using TrainzObjectz and also in 2010, but I am not sure what you would do in 2006/2009. There are other tracks from the same creator but I have not found one that works this way.

Hope this helps.

Craig

Amen. And btw, do these planes have prototypical enginesounds? Like does it have a Rolls-Royce Merlin sound in that Spitfire?
Also, do we have a possible release date? I can't wait for these, neither can anyone else.

Last edited:
Amen. And btw, do these planes have prototypical enginesounds? Like does it have a Rolls-Royce Merlin sound in that Spitfire?
Also, do we have a possible release date? I can't wait for these, neither can anyone else.

Can not say I have paid to much attention to the engine sounds and then if I did I would probably not know what the sound should sound like. I have sent Ian a link to this page so he may drop in and let us all know how he is going with these Planes. I know over the Christmas period he has been busy with the normal Chrissy stuff and there where some other things he was looking at as well, so I do not think much has happened for a little while.

Does the bell do anything?
Jamie
PS Can you drive in CAB Mode?
Using the Bell fire the guns off :)

Not sure about CAB mode as I can not use it in normal Engines anyway, though I know there are no controls in the Planes so at a guess it would be a rather bumpy ride in CAB mode :hehe:. Well after take off you would hit the ground fast, if you could take off :hehe:.

In short, no CAB control only DCC.

Craig

Back