New Aircraft

Thanks Gordon,

Yes without Pascal I would loose interest, he has very good suggestions and picks up a lot of minor errors when testing the models.

The Mulag loader lifts the containers up and forward for loading into an aircraft, I think the only one we have made for cargo loading is the MD-11 UPS model.

mulag.jpg

The loader is designed to work with the Tremel, which uses the V and H key to raise the platforms. I am having problems making the Tremel work as an industry object in conjunction with the Mulag and aircraft, so that one is not finished.

tremel.jpg

Pascal suggested we have aircraft with trailing banners, this is the Piper Cub with one (not released yet). The banner is animated and shows above 36 kph but that can be changed in the string table. The banner itself can be copied from the model and attached to the a.limback point in any other aircraft, explained in the config description. I have explained how to make new lettering for banners and for the aircraft below, three choices are available in the model, one sided, two sided or transparent. The config file has to be altered to show the choices.

banner1.jpg

Other Piper aircraft have lighted signs at night, the animated Qantas lights flash, and the Welcome to Trainz is a scrolling banner. These are yet to be finalised.

banner2.jpg

banner3.jpg

banner5.jpg

The lights require a support frame for the aircraft so cannot be moved to another one. Again the messages can be changed.

Ian

Last edited:
Ian made a great work with these airport accessories and it is very nice to see them now available at the DLS.

This one is a first reskin of Ian's Boeing 737 Max 9. Thai Lion Air is the first airline to take delivery of this model.
To be tested with the loader, trailers, tractors and airport crew now available.
737_Max_9_LION.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12560:2> Boeing 737 Max 9 Thai Lion Air startup

Pascal

Welcome back, Gordon, nice pics.

2 new reskins for now:
ATR 72-500 Air Corsica.
atr-corsica-2.jpg

And a Beech King Air 200 belonging to Air Glaciers, Switzerland.
Beech_200_Air_Glaciers.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12565:2> Beechcraft King Air 200 Air Glaciers Startup
<kuid2:74222:12564:2> ATR72-500 Air Corsica Startup

Pascal

Quite far away from Europe, the Vanuatu.

ATR 72-500 Air Vanuatu
ATR_72-500_Vanuatu.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12567:2> ATR 72-500 Air Vanuatu Startup

Pascal

Hi,
Here is my new reskin of an Airbus A350 with the colours of French bee airline. French bee is a low cost airline for long haul travels. Known before as French blue. The name has been modified to avoid troubles with US airlines having already 'blue" in their names.
A350-_Frenchbee.jpg

This model takes advantage of Ian's new pilots system. The pilots and their seats can be chosen inside 2 different libraries. Pilots show in the cockpit only when the engines are running. Advantage: nobody in the aircraft when parked.
The libraries have been uploaded very recently and contain many commercial pilots of various airlines, giving a large choice. Same for the seats.

pilotes.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12563:2> Airbus A350-900 Frenchbee Startup

Pascal

New reskin: Airbus A330-300 hired by Czech Airlines (CSA)
A330-_CSA.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12568:2> Airbus A330-323 Czech Airlines Startup

And soon at the DLS: updates of my Airbus A350 reskins, with the new pilots system.
<kuid2:74222:12273:3> Airbus A350-900 Vietnam Airlines Startup
<kuid2:74222:12449:3> Airbus A350-900 Air Caraibes Startup
<kuid2:74222:12448:3> Airbus A350-900 Cathay Pacific Startup
<kuid2:74222:12447:4> Airbus A350-900 China Airlines Startup
<kuid2:74222:12450:3> Airbus A350-900 Finnair Startup
<kuid2:74222:12194:3> Airbus A350-900 Qatar Airways Startup
<kuid2:74222:12445:3> Airbus A350-900 Lufthansa Startup
<kuid2:74222:12443:3> Airbus A350-900 Singapore Airlines Startup
<kuid2:74222:12444:3> Airbus A350-900 Thai Airways Startup

Pascal

Hi,

The reskin of the day:
ATR 72-600 operated by Braathens Regional Airways - Sweden.
ATR_72-600_Braathens.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12569:2> ATR 72-600 Braathens Regional Airways Startup

Pascal

Hello Everyone,

I had a Colostomy operation in which 1 of 9 survive -- I survived and spend 2 months in a hospital bed during April -- However, each day getting stronger, and finally turned on the pc --- I see lots of great things, guys -- Hopefully I get can my stuff together and upload tons of contents that I still have on file, just in case something happens to me in future --- Doctors and nurses said that I got lucky, and I am a warrior because of what I went through, so hopefully as time passes get all of this airport contents here and upload!

Like always great work guys
Take Care
Ish

Hi Ish, I wish you excellent recovery. Happy to see you back!!

New skin: Beechcraft 1900D Twin Jet Airline.
Beech_1900_D_Twin_Jet.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12571:2> Beechcraft 1900D Twin Jet Startup

Pascal

Just recently checked out airport assets for any new content I could use. I liked Vulcan's container depot, truck and trailers. I did find though that the truck and trailers seemed to have very low power and on a bend would stick. Also when the truck entered the depot it would stick at the back on the curved track. I am looking for new content to go on my Heathrow Plus layout, the plus is ive added the proposed third runway and now have three operational runways for landing and take off. All landings randomly select a runway automatically and will complete the landing to the point it leaves the runway.

Hello Ish, hope you are doing well now, no fun being that unwell.

Hello Keith, nice to see the models being used, and your help for others on the forum.

Ah, sorry, for the tractors and trailers, I had tested them with only a few trailers, no problem. If I use 15 trailers loaded, the vehicles will not move. I have redone an engine config with more power, but even so, about 15 loaded trailers is a limit, and if you go through the Cargo Depot, a maximum of 6, otherwise when it tries to start after unloading the second curvature in the track is too much resistance to get moving again. Mass of the vehicles can be a problem, the tractor is 1500kg, the trailers 100kg, the container product is 200kg, perhaps a little heavy.

I have uploaded the new version 2 of the engine config file <kuid2:60238:51045:2>, asset already approved.

I did find that when testing, unless I deleted the placed tractors in Surveyor, and replaced them again, the new engine config would not be used, this happens with placed industry models, changes to the queues in the config will not take effect until you replace the model.

I may rebuild the Cargo Depot so it has entries through the side walls with straight tracks.

The new baggage trailers are already available, one empty, one already loaded with a new baggage product:

cargo10.jpg

Ian

Last edited:
Vulcan

Is your car sticking or slipping. I found the same problem with the tight curves,10m radius and 2 foot gauge, on our Chicago tunnel project. Trainz adds curve friction to the load using standard gauge parameters, and we fixed it by considerably increasing both the power and the locomotive weight. As you have no hills to climb there is no need to adhere to prototype values.

We encountered the same problem with our earlier DHR route.

Peter

Last edited:
Hello Peter,

Using too many trailer, it just sat there revving the engine with the wheels spinning. :)

I was not aware of the friction options, I did find a while ago that for small helicopters if I used a realistic 2000 kg mass that they would not accelerate at all, so I had to increase the mass to 10,000 or so. I tried to increase the tractor mass but that did not seem to improve the issue, I might look at that again, thanks.

While I find Tane frustrating at times, I have reported the a.outsideview system on aircraft models so you can see different views without a full interior as not working, a waste of time building interiors a part of the main model until fixed, getting in and out of Tane to check model changes is very quick now. I am building a number of models using mesh libraries, and now find from forum posts if you add to the library and upload a new version 2, models placed by users cannot use the new version ad their config requests the older version 1.

These things make Trainz interesting.

Ian

Back