New Aircraft

Hello,

Reskins of 2 aerobatic Extra Flugzeugbau aircrafts:

EA-300 SC flown by Aude Lemordant, 3 times aerobatic world champion (single), and many other titles.
Aude-01.jpg

Aude-02.jpg

EA-300 SL flown by Catherine Maunoury, twice aerobatic world champion (single), and many other titles.
Catherine-01.jpg

Catherine-02.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12632:1> Extra Flugzeugbau EA-300SC A.Lemordant Startup
<kuid2:74222:12633:1> Extra Flugzeugbau EA-300LC C.Maunoury Startup

Pascal

Hi,

Nice reskins, Warren, welcome to the aircrafts reskinners club!!

My next reskins are devoted to the Airbus A350.

Delta Air Lines
A350-Delta.jpg

Air France
A350-Air-France.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12636:1> Airbus A350-900 Delta Air Lines Startup
<kuid2:74222:12635:1> Airbus A350-900 Air France Startup

Pascal

Nice ones Pascal.

Warren, the BAE Jetstream 32 for FlyPelican is now on the DLS.

pelican.jpg

I had a request for an animated hot air balloon, now on the DLS:

balloon1.jpg

balloon2.jpg

The B key makes the passengers show, the H key lifts or lowers it 20 metres, the V key starts or stops the heating flame.

Ian

Last edited:
Hello,

Nice balloon, Ian. Good to have a look over our maps.

I come back to my Airbus A350: this one is for Japan Airlines.
A350-JAL.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12637:1> Airbus A350-900 Japan Airlines Startup

And this one for TAM:
A359-TAM.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12638:1> Airbus A350-900 TAM Startup

Pascal

Last edited:
Hi,

I nearly forgot this one:

The Kaydet; Stearman (Boeing) PT-17. Pre WW2 trainer.
Stearman-PT-17-Navy.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12634:1> Stearman PT-17 US Navy 337 Startup

Pascal

Hi Pascal, great to see another biplane, only found one other so this will be very useful, for me anyway, thanks.

This will be the next aircraft, one very similar to the Stearman, the Naval Aircraft Factory N3N. There will be a crop duster version.

n3n.jpg

Ian

Last edited:
Ian

Your modelling was always great, but seems to be getting better and better with the years.

Looking at this old biplane, I realise how most aircraft right up to the 1970’s always pointed upwards at quite severe angles when stationary. More recently they have been designed to stand horizontally or even pointing slightly nose-down. And those latest Russian fighters, like the Sukhoi 35, with their drooping noses, can’t seem to decide which way they are pointing.

Do you know the reason for all the changes?

~ Deane

Well that's easy. Original planes up to 1940 were tail draggers, then they which to tricycle undercarriages which leaves them level and ensures the nose and propellers don't get too close to the ground, and avoid tip overs!

Yes, but why were they tail-draggers in the first place? Could they not have had tricycle undercarriage from the beginning?

Edit: After doing a bit of research, I'm almost sorry I asked the question. This forum of aircraft buffs discussed the issue for a good 47 posts and still didn't come to an answer that all agreed on.

Last edited:
Hi Deane, must be a good question if there is no definitive answer!

Perhaps tail-draggers were a follow on from the Wright brothers efforts, later a nose wheel would certainly help turning on the ground, and perhaps different weight distributions and wing location needed or favoured a tricycle undercarriage. At least you have a better view forwards than when the tail is on the ground.

I was looking at my emails recently and noticed that we talked about my using your Twin Otter model back in 2010, how time flies.

Ian

Hello,

Next of my A350-900 reskins, this one for China Eastern:

A350-China-Eastern.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12640:1> Airbus A350-900 China Eastern Startup

Pascal

Good one Casey. As you see the N3N and the crop duster version of the N3N are now on the DLS. This is the flying aircraft that was used in the film North By North West, I understand that the one used for the crash into the tanker was a Stearman. Sorry, this one does not have a machine gun. ;)

n3n-02

n3n-02.jpg

The N3N has a 9 cylinder engine and the crop duster has a 7 cylinder one.

The floatplane version will be uploaded shortly:

n3n-03.jpg

The Lockheed EC-121 Warning Star is the military version of the Constellation, with radar domes top and bottom, now available:

lockheed-ws.jpg

Ian

Last edited:
Hi,

Nice model, this N3N! You can get all versions and have choice between 2 engines.
This one is a N3N-3 with a 7 cylinders engine, colours of the U.S.Coast Guard.

N3-N-USCG-1.jpg

N3-N-USCG-2.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12639:1> Naval Aircraft Factory N3N-3 US Coast Guard Startup

Pascal

Hello,

Other Airbus A350-900 reskins:
Hainan Airlines and Hong Kong Airlines. They belong to the same group, so the liveries are the same.

A350-Hainan-Hong-Kong.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12642:1> Airbus A350-900 Hong Kong Airlines Startup
<kuid2:74222:12641:1> Airbus A350-900 Hainan Airlines Startup

Pascal

Back