New Aircraft

Stumbled across this thread out of curiosity. I must say, this is the greatest "stumbleupon" I have ever done. I absolutely can't say how happy I am to see the A-10. I'd fly one if I ever went into the Air Force. Can definitely say I will download it ASAP.:D

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Col, perhaps a Caribou can be added to the list.

Jmeinig, the script uses a non linear equation for the pitch of the aircraft and is necessary to lift the tail on some of the planes when they come up to takeoff speed. Unfortunately the pitch angle is based on speed, and you cannot just stop the pitch increase after takeoff, the best you can do is make the further pitch changes minimal by adjusting the equation.

For the B24, this pitch change is not necessary, the plane starts off level, and it looks like I have used the wrong script for the model. I also notice some texture problems with the camouflage version so I will look at the B24 models and script again, thanks for the information.

Joshua, I don't have enough space on my website to store models, I prefer that they all be on the DLS, this helps support Auran encouraging users to buy a legal copy of Trainz to get the models. I also favour the DLS for all route dependencies, it is very frustrating to find some critical route dependencies are on a remote website (if you can find it), and then have to create a login password to get them.

I hope the DLS issues clear up soon, Auran have improved their asset approval system recently and that is nmuch faster to get them to the DLS.

I am working through some window night lighting for the 747s at the minute, takes some time because I have done a number of airline colours, Air New Zealand, United, KLM, British Airways, Lufthansa ... and Singapore Airlines for the A380, and the windows are different in each aircraft.

.... and this one.

airforceone450.jpg

Ian

Last edited:
Looking fantastic there Ian, well done.

I see KLM is included in your list:hehe: :hehe: .

ps.(flashing light completed and working) thanks.

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Bill,

Yes I saw your post on the lights.
This what you were looking for, remind you of home? :)

klm747450.jpg

While the mesh for the 747 is about 60 hours, the reskin took three this morning and a bit more to add the lighting - I was a bit optimistic with my time estimate last night.

Guys, the camouflage B24 has an early unfinished texture in the uploaded model, and I cannot find the correct one, so I will rework that model. The script file is also incorrect so I will upload replacements for all the B24 models.

Ian

Last edited:
Hi Ian,

Some great looking planes there mate, :D, I especially love the 747's and the A380 :udrool: !. Just wondering if you could do some smaller Australian domestic aircraft, such as Qantas/Virgin Blue 737's or maybe a Jetstar A320? They don't have to be working, just static models would be great (sorry to sound pesky :) !)

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited:
Hey guys, where can I find this finial KUID for the A10?

Unknown Location: <kuid2:60238:51015:1>

Cheers,
Joshua

I would like to add, we've had no news on the Avro Lancaster you were building, vulcan. I understand you have a lot on now, so I can wait as long as I have to.

I too had noticed the lifting issues with the B-24, and can I point out that on nearly all your models have the navigation lights on the wrong wings.:eek:

Sitting in the cockpit, on your port (left) wing should be the red nav light, and on the starboard (right) wing, the green nav light. Is there a way for us to fix this?

Fantastic work on the 747's and A380's, there is nothing at all QANTAS on the DLS, so this is a welcome addition, as I am building Brsibane Airport soon and want to have prototypical planes flying in and out of it.:D

Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

Matt,

Perhaps some more Aussi planes would be in order.

Joshua,

The engine spec is on the DLS, it is an update version 2 of the file:

http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=160294

Scott,

Lights on the wrong side? ummm, just checked a number of planes, they appear correct, facing forward, red on the left, can you point out which plane? You can swap the corona kuids in the config file, effects container if they are wrong.

The corrected B24 models are now on the DLS, new texture for the camouflage model and new scripts for the three to stop the pitch. Auran has a quick approval process now. ;)

Ian

Last edited:
Just wondering how your progress is going on these new 747's, and indeed the Lancaster! We haven't heard about that recently.

I am building a route set in Southern England, during the war-ravaged 1940's. I thoroughly believe your Mustang and Spitfire fighters and Lancaster and Beaufighter bombers would be right at home at one of the airfields on this route. However, there has been no news of the Lancaster, and therefore I must assume that you are still working on it.

Your models are fantastic, and we shall soon see how you go at passenger aircraft.

Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

Here's an idea take the flight file and the virtual cockpit file from fsx and attach it to the planes to add a realistic fligh worthy version not sure how but I know how but give it a try. Edit script to make them buildings in surveryor and also give them the capability to be fly able in driver mode also remember to add the reverse thrust so they can push back from the gate, if you don't want to add a tug for the push back.

Last edited:
Time for an update, as this is a screenshot thread I need some pictures I guess. :)

The A380 already does that Jamie, the horn button can be used for tyre squeal and smoke from the right hand tyres. I have also done a track trigger that is placed on the landing spot, so the tyre squeal sounds automatically on landing.

The A380 now has separately operating wing flaps and wing spoilers, using the B and V keys. I am hoping to make track trigger for automatic operation of those as well.

flaps450.jpg

Scott, I have not got back to the Lancaster yet, I need to add some figure meshes. At the minute I am using Auran attached passengers for the rear gunner, looks funny to have a guy sitting there in a suit and a bowler hat.

I am working on the Airport models and terminals, for the passenger jets I need to make them load passenger and before I release any more models I must test compatibility.

For taxiways, I have also made a series of turnouts as fixed track, with matching splines. These make it easy to place track to join the runway and terminal area. There are some very good taxiway models by Minitrix, but these are road splines and placing separate track for the aircraft is a little tricky, so I have made mine as train track.

turnouts450.jpg

Yes Marinemania, I finished the pushback tractor yesterday, I am trying to get the pushbar alignment better on sharp curves, by adjusting the aircraft limpoints (coupler positions), but there is not enough tolerance to get it perfect.

pushback450.jpg

Wot! you say, this is not Flight Simulator? True, but I like to extend the possibilities of Trainz. This project has grown much bigger than I thought, but hopefully it will be functional and useful. My big regret is there is no way to overcome the automatic lifting of the landing gear (as pantographs) under AI, which destroys realism.

Ian

Last edited:
Wot! you say, this is not Flight Simulator? True, but I like to extend the possibilities of Trainz. This project has grown much bigger than I thought, but hopefully it will be functional and useful. My big regret is there is no way to overcome the automatic lifting of the landing gear (as pantographs) under AI, which destroys realism.

Ian

Well I own flight simulator X the gold edition. Could give you file IF it were installed but it requires 16GB!!!!!!!! And I don't have that kind of memory on a laptop, I wish though. But I have TC and Driver ed. combined to make a super trainz Classics.

Thanks for the Lancaster update Vulcan! The Avro Lancaster is my second favourite war plane of all time, second only to the Supermarine Spitfire. They both use the iconic Rolls Royce Merlin engine, so that makes them both awesome to see and hear!;)

Good Luck with it, and all these Airport assets you have to construct as well! :eek: It sounds really time-consuming, and time is a luxury I don't have as a high-school student.:(

Best of Luck, and Happy Planezing,;)
Scott.

I was stationed at a U.S. Navy Airfield that also hosted Army, Air Force, Marine, and PA. National Guard units.

If you need a general layout of the airfield, I can give you hints. I was an Electronic Tech and took care of Radar, comms, Landing Lights, etc.....

How long will it be before the planes come out? i can't wait:udrool: :mop: !!
Your doings some great work vulcan.
Good luck with everything else you make

Calrail

Back