New Aircraft

"Gott in Himmel!", "Donner und Blizen!"

Cor, Dean, thats brought back some memories.

Nice work you creators! Really great aircraft.

Cheers
Casper
:)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest, the wish list seems to be growing. :hehe:

I think it is time for bed, just spent 20 minutes trying to set the correct ground height for the Mustang without success, then realised I was looking at the wrong model in Driver.

mustang2450.jpg

You will notice most of the models are set a little above the ground, obvious once you add a shadow.

This is necessary as when the tail lifts, the aircraft rotates about the origin of the model, which is further back than the centre of the undercarriage. Otherwise the main wheels will plow furrows in the ground as speed increases.

There is no shadow for the undercarriage, you cannot add one to a pantograph, but in any case, when you have the wheels retracted you don't want a shadow of the undercarriage on the ground.

Hopefully I can upload the two Mustang versions tomorrow. Auran should be congratulated on their speedy processing of uploaded models lately, for the DLS.

Ian

Last edited:
Hi Ian,

A new Aircraft and uploads for everyone, you have been busy. My computer died (again) on the weekend :'( and I have only just got it back :'(, hopefully it will last until I get my new one.

Craig
:):):)

Hello Jamie,

I may do some of those later, but the helicopters really should have working interiors and that takes some time. I am also having some problems getting the engine config for modern aircraft to actually reach their maximum speeds, and I feel it is then just too fast to operate in Trainz.

I had a few requests for passenger aircraft, so am working on those. The Boeing 747s and the Airbus 380 are near finished. I have done a number of airlines, they load passengers, here is the Air New Zealand 747.

airnz747_450.jpg

and the Qantas A380.

qantasA380_2450.jpg

I could not find suitable runway models, so constructed one with attached track allowing taxiing on and off, takeoff and landing, and touch and go operations. There are three tracks attached for these operations with appropriate glide slopes.

Here is the Singapore Airlines A380 landing at night.

singaporeA380_2450.jpg

Again, there are no suitable passenger or cargo unloading terminals, so I am having to develop those, this will take some time, as the aircraft and airports will have to work together before they are released.

Ian

Last edited:
Very Nice Ian, great work again. The 747 and the A380, amazing work and with interior lights for night time flying, plus different Airline liveries.

Any possibility of static ones as well to populate our Airports with?

Congratulations on another fine creation.

Many thanks,

Craig

Thanks Craig,

Static ones should not be a problem, will keep that in mind. It seems that to get what I would like for aircraft operation I need to build the whole system of aircraft, runways, and terminals.

This is the terminal progress.

terminal450.jpg

Ian

Last edited:
I like the terminal Ian, looks good. Though I almost knocked my head on the monitor trying to "zoom" in closer :hehe:

Craig

I don't know if anybody's noticed this, but when the B-24's get up to speed, they tilt forward like a helicopter.

Could you guys upload your planes to TPR or store them directly on the website. The DLS is not safe or good place for them at the moment. I am having trouble with it. It's taking me 1 hour to get just the A10 Thunberbolt Warhog.

Still worth it.

Cheers,
Joshua

Back