New Aircraft

Hi guys, nice work, keep it up. :)

As you see Gordon has uploaded a control tower and invisible camera loco. It reminded me that I had not finished an update to my early release control tower, so I thought I would get back to that project. The model is now on the DLS, Airport Module 18 Control Tower 2,<kuid2:60238:38674:1>

Rob had suggested I might make the Vancouver control tower, this is a nice structure to try, and is now finished and ready for upload. A few picture to explain:

tower1.jpg

It is 63 metres high, has an interior with new figure models (not Auran attached passengers), operating radar and night lighting.

tower2.jpg

tower5.jpg

To be able to see the tower interior and aircraft I suggest you place a tracking camera in the middle of the top control room, up near the ceiling, pointed down at the runway. It is not easy to finely adjust camera positions, so place it at near the right height, then slide the tower over to center it and adjust the tower height. There is 10 meters of tower below ground to cover height changes.

tower6.jpg

This is the view from the camera placed inside the tower, tracking the KLM:

tower3.jpg

And a night view:

tower4.jpg

I thought I would try Gordon’s camera loco model. At first I thought you would place the loco on an invisible track in the center of the control room and then be able to rotate around the center to look out, however it works opposite to this, you are always looking inwards at the center of the invisible camera loco. However, it will give some nice views of the interior. This is how I used it:

Place an invisible track at 59 metres high passing through the tower control room, this seems to suit the tower height. Make sure it is long enough so you do not drive the camera off the ends of the track.

Place another spare helper track at the same height close by and drop the invisible camera on to the first track that passes through the tower, and just behind the tower, this is so it is easy to select later to move it over to the spare track so you can fiddle the track height passing through the tower.

tower7.jpg

In Driver, you can now drive the camera into the control room and using the navigation arrows you can rotate around the room to view it. If the camera is too high, go back to Surveyor, move the camera over to the spare track and adjust the track height through the control room. Move the camera back to the first track. This is the view you can get in Driver, zooming in and out as you wish.

tower10.jpg

Drive the camera to get other views.

tower9.jpg

The model is Airport Module 19 Control Tower Vancouver,<kuid2:60238:38675:1>, awaiting approval.

Because of the complex shapes it has a few polys, but hope you like it.

Ian

Last edited:
Excellent work Ian, if you select the camera loco the switch to the tracking camera you placed the camera will follow your loco movements.

Due to the tracking camera only having a 200m range anything moving out side of the distance will not be seen by the camera, hence the reason for my loco. hope that makes sense.

Gordon

Last edited:
Now for some screen shots of the Vancouver Air Traffic Control Tower at Vancouver International Airport.
Many thanks to Ian for a fantastic centre piece for my Vancouver Project. Simply Awesome!
The night mode lighting, animated radar bar & flashing light on the top arial are nice touches.

YVRTower01_zpsf6744960.jpg

YVRTower02_zps447072e3.jpg

YVRTower04_zpsac2fea5c.jpg

Many thanks to Gordon as well for his camera loco. Great concept Gordon. See below for how I've utilized the camera loco and setting up the track. Coincidentally by running a track around the base of the handrails, the chase view of the camera loco zoomed right in pans nicely around the interior of the tower. scroll out one click or two & you can pan around the outside of the tower and watch the air traffic controllers at work.

YVRTower06_zpsf4cd4280.jpg

Thanks for the early Christmas presents gents. Couldn't be happier. :D

Last edited:
The Camera Dome is invisible in Driver, but could be edited by hand to be surveyoronly 0

I prefer a visible camera drivable loco, such as MonkeyWrenchModels: pedestrian / signalman / trackside camera ... there is another drivable camera loco that resembles a big VHS camcorder on the DLS, as well as several other driveable cameras that are less obtrusive looking

Bombardier Dash 8-Q402 - Westjet Encore

Late afternoon in Vancouver. Westjet's new fleet of Dash 8s are back from a day servicing the more remote parts of B.C.

Dash8-q402WestJet02_zpsc28eefa1.jpg

Last year Westjet took delivery of the Dash 8s after many years of operating only Boeing 737s. The Dash 8s operate under the Westjet Encore banner.

As the sun retreats for the day the clouds roll in & the snow begins to fall.

Dash8-q402WestJet04_zps24bd35a6.jpg

Something I neglected to mention before about the Dash 8-400 upgrade is that the speed that the props change to translucent is now adjustable in the string table. This can be very useful if you have a low spec computer.

Now avaliable on DLS.

Bombardier Dash 8-Q402 Westjet Encore (2013+) Startup <kuid2:590184:100273:1>

Last edited:
Bombardier Dash 8-Q402 - Northern Cariboo

Here's another new Q400 on final approach over the Vancouver South Terminal.

Dash8-q402NthCariboo03_zps32452533.jpg

North Cariboo Air service the more remote communities in B.C. & Alberta. I must say that the livery is pretty striking.

Dash8-q402NthCariboo04_zps9d7ef53a.jpg

Dash8-q402NthCariboo06_zpsc56df63d.jpg

Available now on DLS.

Bombardier Dash 8-Q402 North Cariboo (2014+) Startup <kuid2:590184:100301:1>

Last edited:
Great activity, these days on this thread! and nice new models coming.

May be this one will visit Christchurch or Vancouver one day.

An Airbus A350-900 for Qatar Airways. Should be delivered very soon to this company.
Seen here during alignment for take off. A B787 of the same Airline waiting behind.

A350-Qatar_zps200af4de.jpg

Airbus A350-900 Qatar Airways Startup,<kuid2:74222:12194:1>

Already accepted by the DLS.

Pascal

Last edited:
Less candy than yours, Gordon, this one is also colorfull:

An Airbus A330-223 of Edeweiss Air, Switzerland.

Here together with the A330-300, same airline, already available at the DLS.

A330-200_Edelweiss_zpsa5df62b3.jpg

Airbus A330-223 Edelweiss Air Startup,<kuid2:74222:12193:1>

Pascal

For this week-end, an aircraft coming from the East:

Antonov An-24b with 2 liveries of the Aeroflot.

White and blue, 80s period of the Soviet Union.

Antonov-24-Aeroflot-Urss_zps0dd8a15d.jpg

White and red, 90s period, Russia.

Antonov-24-Aeroflot2_zps3794709f.jpg

Antonov An-24b Aeroflot Startup,<kuid2:74222:12190:1>
Antonov An-24b Aeroflot(1990s) Startup,<kuid2:74222:12191:1>

Just uploaded.

Pascal

could i request some more JetBlue tail fin designs on vulcan's A320 model?

judahgrice,
That's a very broad statement. I can certainly do a few re-skins for you but you'll have to be more specific as to which designs would you like? Maybe gather some photos of the ones you want & attach them to a personal message to me.

Cheers

Rob

Last edited:
Hey you Flyboys, Pilots, Plane enthusiasts etc.....

Do you know what has been missing from your nice and shiny airports, airstrips and just rough grassed areas where some planes could fly off and land? A nicely animated windsock, that is what has been missing. Will fit in well with Vulcan's excellent airplanes (and others too).

Check out this YouTube video here, it will show you what I have created the other day. These windsocks come in 3 flavours, small, medium and yes, you guessed it, large as well. There are presently only 2 sizes shown in that video, small and medium. These windsocks have a blinking/flashing red light on top of the pole, have 3 LODs for easier performance in Trainz, are configured for V2.9 (I hope one can still upload V2.9) but work also in TS12 patch 61388. Hence these should be T:ANE ready.

Expect these to be on the DLS within a few days.

I should add, no skin modifier was harmed by the making of these windsocks. I was initially thinking of using Skin Mod for creating them but as the animation turned out so nicely, this was not needed. I guess it was the way how I animated that windsock.

Lennard

Must have needed a few fuel stops but it made it Pascal

Gordon

Nice animation Lennard, they'll look just right in Christchurch.

could i request some more JetBlue tail fin designs on vulcan's A320 model?

Fear not. I am looking into this one. There are at least ten common tail schemes and a number of other sponsor liveries. This along with 2 different "JetBlue" branding logos on the side of the aircraft. I'll do a few & see how it goes.

Rob

Back