New Aircraft

Pascal had suggested we work on some airport service vehicles, and he is testing some for me, much appreciated. However, when I build vehicles I find there are no industries available so they have to be built too, along with some new Volvo trucks.

I am applying the aircraft trigger systems to make them startup, and have user controlled animations with the B, H and V keys. I have uploaded some new ground power units recently as scenery items and two are trailers that will connect to the tractors.

cargo1.jpg

These are the two trailers, aircraft heater units:

cargo2.jpg

Also uploaded is a new Trepel pushback tractor and ram for moving aircraft, fully startup, loads the driver like the cargo tractors:

cargo3.jpg

This is the food cart delivery vehicle, a Volvo FH12. It loads my new food cart product, and there is a loading/unloading depot model. You need to back the vehicle into the depot to load, if you place tracks in a y junction correctly to link with the depot, it will work under AI.

cargo4.jpg

I have built an aircraft deicing unit based on the Volvo FE truck model. Again the B H and V keys are used to start the vehicle, raise the booms and operate the animated spray. I have made a new water spray texture to get it white (default smoke is always grey) but it is hard to get a jet stream with the smoke config settings.

cargo5a.jpg

Trepel make baggage loaders, here is the the animated one, a blue one able to unload, a white one to load, it is too hard to animate both settings with only the B, V and H keys available. The ramp rises to four different levels to suit aircraft and the loader puts the moving bags on the conveyor. These are left in the air inside an aircraft for a time then vanish underground to start the animation loop again, so make sure it is parked up to an aircraft. It is not possible to load products from a vehicle to another vehicle, so the loading is simulated.

You will see a height gauge in the background that I made to determine the heights at which to stop the loader elevation, available.

cargo6.jpg

Two new Toyota forklifts, one with enclosed cab. These again lift the forks and use a new palletized product (drums or boxes on pallets). It also required a depot for the products as an industry:

cargo7.jpg

cargo8.jpg

This it the food cart loader, the load rises up, H key, the ramp extends and the V key has a guy walk out to load the aircraft with the cart. I am not very good at making figures walk.:)

cargo9.jpg

I am still checking most of the models, every time I look there is something else to amend, hopefully available soon, with Pascal's help.

Ian

Last edited:
Hello Ian,

Wow, sir, these are excellent --- can't wait to plug them into Ian International Airport -- Since we moved I haven't set up the my second pc which is able to run TANE smoothly --- As soon as I get that done, and these show up at the DLS I will them a spin!

Thanks a lot for your latest creation, Ian!

Ish

PS Thanks guys for the kind welcoming!

Ian,

They look great and make a welcome addition to any airport.
Just wondering if it was possible if you could make a tow bar for your smaller aircraft such as the Pilatus PC-12 and a variant of the cargo tractor with an attachment at the front for pushing back the aircraft into or out of a hangar.

Regards,
Warren.

Heathrow airport now has its third runway and new terminus (trainz only). The layout can be controlled by two driver commands to land and go to terminus gate and two commands to leave gate, take off and fly away. All operations to randomly land and take off are set up by schedules which will automatically enter the driver commands. Planes will randomly land on all three runways, you can choose a dedicated runway if you don't want auto. You can take off from the same three runways, again the process of landing and take off is automatic, so planes will wait for a space.

Proposed new terminal 6
Proposed-new-terminal-Heathrow.jpg

View of runway 27R with new airport from inside the control tower
Heathrow-control-tower-looking-North-East-towards-runway-three.jpg

Terminals 1-2-3
Terminals-1-2-3-Heathrow.jpg

Terminal 4 and Cargo handling
Terminal-4-and-cargo-handling-Heathrow.jpg

Terminal 5
Terminal-5-Heathrow.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Warren,

I might look at that, should not be hard to do a version to suit.

The airport looks good Kieth, nice if you can get them to perform automatically.

Ian

Last edited:
Good ones Keith.

Hello Warren,

The new Tug MA-50 for light aircraft and small towbar will be uploaded shortly:

matug1.jpg

matug2.jpg

Pictures show it connected to the Cessna Citation, The Pilatus needs some work, it is a little high above the ground and the a.limfront connection is too far forward. For the older aircraft, this point was placed at the nose, for the pushback ram to work it needs to be moved to about 1 metre in front of the front bogey. I will upload a new version of the Pilatus PC12 RFDS.

Because of the different sizes for front wheels in small aircraft the connection point will never look perfect as to height, and tight curves may displace the ram a little.

Ian

Last edited:
Ian,

Thanks for your effort. I appreciate all the work that goes into creating content.
For the smaller aircraft I found this one. It might suit better. Not sure.
TH-5A.jpg

Regards,
Warren.

Hello Warren,

I did look at that type, it is not that east to simulate since it has no wheels. I could make it an attachment to the tractor and hide or show it using the script, I use that for the conveyor loader where the loaded baggage trailer and loader appear when you press the V key, picture above. However, that stops the tractor coupling to another trailer at the front or back, depending on where it is attached. It can be made as a traincar which couples to the tractor and aircraft as long as you realise that it floats above the track with invisible bogeys, like this:

pushbar.jpg

I sure hope he does not start the prop while I am attaching it.

Ian

Last edited:
Ian,
Might lose a bit more than a limb if he does.

Found this.
Same tow bar but with wheels attached. It might suit better. If you know how to make it work the wheels can be on there but when it connects up to the aircraft the wheels disappear.
2452-full.jpg

Regards,
Warren
url

Thanks Warren,

I have not found out how to script any changes when coupled so that the wheels might vanish. If I try to use a keyboard key to do it, they are non functional when it couples to another model, one of the models vanish and it becomes a single model, and the other takes over, so if the V key were used, as soon as it coupled to an aircraft the V key would start operating functions assigned for the aircraft for instance.

While I did upload the new push bar, I have uploaded a replacement version 2 this morning (approved) to add a shadow for TS12 and to remove a kuid table reference to bogeys for the larger ram that are not used for this model.

Ian

Hi Ian
Would like to say you new uploads look good, but I cant. The baggage assets are missing your kuid 50037 so wont show up at present. Will there be a truck for the Aviation food? As all ways looking forward to all your assets.

keith

Thanks Keith, missed that one. I have had some issues when uploading a model and dependencies together, so I tried to upload all the dependencies first, then the models 12 hours later, even so I got error messages that some products were missing, though I already had the email to say they had been approved 12 hours before. There was no email to say the bogies were missing.

Bogey model now uploaded and approved within ten minutes, very speedy. If you want to use the bogeys before they are available, download them here:

http://ianztrainz.com/publicshare/tc888_bogey.cdp

I have a little more work to do on the food truck, it is working but Pascal and I decided it should lift to four different levels like the baggage loaders and steps, so I have to rebuild the animation. The poor guy spends a lot of time loading the aircraft.

catering_lift.jpg

Please read the config description of the models, for how the B, H and V keys are used, multiple presses of the V key are needed to raise some vehicles to different levels. While they do deliver a food cart or baggage up the conveyors, you cannot transfer products from one traincar to another, so the loading is simulated. Place the loader near the aircraft so the baggage ends up inside the aircraft, it then vanishes underground to be recycled.

As usual, making the vehicles and forklifts, I needed to make industries to handle products, including the food carts and palletised frozen food and cargo. I hope they work. I have replaced the cargo tractor engine config used for the smaller vehicles, with a new version 3, the braking was not enough to stop the forklifts at the industry models under AI. Even so, you might need some speed signs to limit approach speed.

Thanks for letting me know Keith.

Ian

Hello Everyone,

After nearly a year due to serious health issues, I have done some progressive work on Ian International Airport -- Below is a picture where planes either are parked, waiting to be call for duty, or maintenance! -- This area is 95% done -- just need to add vehicles, etc !

Enjoy
Ish

IAN-INTERNATIONAL-AIRPORT.jpg

IAN-INTERNATIONAL-AIRPORT.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Ian

You know what we are locking, sir --- this:

If you ever find the time please consider it!

Thanks
Ish

This is a first reskin of the Trepel Push back Tractor: together with the Boeing 737-400. All operated by Japan Transocean Air.

attelage_transocean.jpg

<kuid2:74222:12572:2> Boeing 737-446 Japan Transocean Air startup
<kuid2:74222:15058:2> Airport Pushback Tractor JTA

Pascal

Now that is colourful Pascal. The catering unit is now available.

I did look at fire engines Ish, but thought there were quite a few already available.

Ian

Now that is colourful Pascal. The catering unit is now available.

I did look at fire engines Ish, but thought there were quite a few already available.

Ian

Hi Ian --

The only one's I have come across are Rico's made like 10 years ago --- I'll the DLS if there been anymore done recently!

Great scheme there's Pascal!!!

Ish

Back