CSX Sanford Sub (WIP) 1280x800 Pixels (some BMPS)

I may have only spent 2 nights, but that only provides the effort to complete this area in time for CSX Q456, Taft to Waycross. Seen at Pine Castle north of Taft Yard. See one of my YouTube videos to compare.

CSXQ456.jpg

This route fills the plate of the Jacksonville DEM by Fishlips, but I am extending 25m ish terrain down to Davenport near Auburndale.

The route will go from east of the Can Yard Connection near Auburndale north, inclusive of FCEN and the Stanton powerplant, north to Jacksonville, where I am iffy on whether to include FEC to Bowden or not. This totals over 100 miles, just like any other route I am doing.

Amazing route

:D Based off the screenshot and the info about the route, it looks like it's going to be a swell route.

CSX Sanford Sub, part of the A Line, is the designation from just east of Auburndale Connection to the curve at Jacksonville. It runs through Taft, Orlando, Winter Park, Sanford, Deland, Palatka, and into McGirts Creek and in a sharp curve into Jacksonville's Moncrief Yard.

FCEN Transfers in Orlando, connecting by a sharp 90* curve north of Jefferson Street. I did not include that yet.

There will be about 5 yards, the Taft, Pineloch, Kaley, Rand, and Moncrief.

The route runs on CTC territory, with passing sidings and a long 2-track stretch thru Pineloch, Kaley, and Orlando areas. The NE is around Longwood.

Two coal facilities will be included, the Stanton Power Plant and the Seminole Electric, in Taft and Palatka respectively.

Amtrak serves 6 trains, the silver star, meteor, and the Auto Train, like our buddy Davis mentioned.

Florida Rock has a distribution center in Orlando, barely taking in S FLA dung by the month and IDK how often rock comes in from Alabama.

Conrad Yelvington has a mouthful of centers, at Davenport, at Taft, at Kaley, at Sanford, and at Jacksonville. They distribute rock coming in on K950 from Miami for Kaley and Sanford and K790 for Davenport, off of Miami.

I completed laying Taft Yard and got the Auto Yard laid up. I also got Florida Rock built up as well as some brush.

brickbuilder711_20100110_0013.jpg

brickbuilder711_20100110_0005.jpg

brickbuilder711_20100110_0008.jpg

brickbuilder711_20100110_0009.jpg

brickbuilder711_20100110_0012.jpg

brickbuilder711_20100110_0011.jpg

Last edited:
Please tell me you will include the Auto Train Terminal or does this line not go near it?
Davis
I know what the auto train terminal looks like when I was at the terminal a swicther was sunting a mess of autorack cars it was frecking hularious to see the driver getting all made if he made a wrong move or bump the cars too hard.

We were neighbors...

:cool: Thanks for working this part of FL, Mr. Brick...

I have the west end from about Haines City through Lakeland to past Winston Yard, Stokes to Ft Mead & all of Bone Valley done as a new DEM, with Topo overlay.

I'm doing track & signal, need help with scenery.

Good Luck on your side!

The HOG textures are on the DLS.

Holy crud, Allan. Sounds great! I will be happy to help you with scenery!

:cool: Thanks for working this part of FL, Mr. Brick...

I have the west end from about Haines City through Lakeland to past Winston Yard, Stokes to Ft Mead & all of Bone Valley done as a new DEM, with Topo overlay.

I'm doing track & signal, need help with scenery.

Good Luck on your side!

The HOG textures are on the DLS.

The Taft yard that you are building is the one in Orlando correct? I live so close to it I can hear the horns of the trains from my house.:D

Last edited:
If you are asking about the signals, the mast signal in the middle is by BNSF50, it is on the DLS with many more. They are great. The overhead gantry signals I believe brickbuilder711 made himself and are not available. I could be wrong.

Back