Containe & Trailer cars

Tracker99

I've tried to manually load containers and trailers on to Downloaded TXX cars, as well as using a few default flat cars in 2009. I can manually load the trailers as well as a single 40 or two 20 ft containers, but I can't get a 40 ft container to properly set on top of the bottom container. I save the various consists but they don't move with the cars.

Is there a way to do this that I'm missing? My interest is to have the cars preloaded before an operating session.

Are you actually dragging container scenery items around and placing them on top of train cars? 'cause that's not how you're supposed to load cars.

The simple way to manually load a traincar (if it is industry interactive) is to use the ? tool on the traincar. If the traincar is already setup to carry a specific load then it's just a matter of entering the quantity. Some traincars aren't industry interactive, and some can be configured to carry a variety of products.

There's a tutorial here with some info on how industry interactive objects work, though it is mostly focused on LARS/ProtoLARS:
http://www.worldoftrainz.com/Pages/Tutorials_TRS2004/LARS-ProtoLARS-TutTRS.htm

Industry objects that are designed for a specific task (say a lumber mill) may not be as configurable as the LARS tracks. Somewhere there should also be a tutorial about the "Multiple Industry New" track.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the ? in traincar and the loads do show up. But no matter how I confgure them or which one I select, only one container is loaded, and I can't add any more.

To stack a container on top of another requires two attachment points, one above the other. TTX Husky Stack 53,<kuid:164988:30055> is capable of doing this.

Bob

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the ? in traincar and the loads do show up. But no matter how I confgure them or which one I select, only one container is loaded, and I can't add any more.

There should be a '40/48ft bottom' attachment and a '40/48/53ft top' attachment. If you want two containers you have to enter a quantity of one in each of the load properties.

Back