No trains in TS2010+SP1??

paulp

I have downloaded TS2010 last night and installed today onto a Win7 32 bit install. I installed SP1 over the top without running the game.

The game runs ok menus are all there, but attempting to start a session for one of the routes is like being in surveyor with bare landscape. Just the geography - no scenery, no trains, nothing. I can move around with the arrow keys just like surveyor and it redraws so it isn't dead... weird...

Additionally if I go into Railyard and select any asset from the list it just hangs then creates a crash report to go to Auran.

I've tried both the quick and extensive database repair with the same results.

TS2004/2006/2009 all run fine on this machine.

I've looked in the forums and couldn't find anything like this problem - anyone else experienced it?

It isn't a UAC problem - I've checked by running as admin.

I've resolved this by uninstall TS2010, reboot, install TS2010 run game including a session, reboot, install SP1, reboot, run game. Seems ok now.

I have found a new problem though - switching to external view when driving a loco hangs the game.

Good to see Auran's quality improving.

I've resolved this by uninstall TS2010, reboot, install TS2010 run game including a session, reboot, install SP1, reboot, run game. Seems ok now.

I have found a new problem though - switching to external view when driving a loco hangs the game.

Good to see Auran's quality improving.

If it were Auran's quality, then everyone would have the same issue. It may be video drivers that need updating, or try switching between OpenGL and DirectX in options.

If it were Auran's quality, then everyone would have the same issue. It may be video drivers that need updating, or try switching between OpenGL and DirectX in options.

Not necesarily - how many different machine configurations are out there with TS2010 (or an earlier version) installed? I'm betting on thousands. All of my drivers are up to date. Interestingly if I wait long enough (5 minutes) I've discovered it will *eventually* render the new scene only to hang again before rendering the next one (again 5 minutes).

I cannot see this being the video card given it is a GeForce 9800GTX+ with 2GB of RAM on it. Resource monitor shows that the machine is not starving - plenty of the four cores available - the disk is hardly moving and loads of free memory - so exactly what is it doing?

Problem is the same DirectX/OpenGL doesn't make any difference.

There is nothing else running while I play trainz - the machine is running nice and cool and the power supply is serious overkill 1200 watts so there are no dramas there.

I have discovered it does not do it on all routes - only routes with caternary.

The issues I (and others, reading the forums) find are definately quality issues - bring on SP2.

The issues I (and others, reading the forums) find are definately quality issues - bring on SP2.

On the other hand, TS'10 + SP1 works fine on my system, right out of the box, and I don't experience any of the problems you mention. I find it difficult to feel Auran's development processes are at fault.

I have the same card and a core 2 duo proc.( see my specs. below) and everything runs fine. John.

ps. I have 4 gig of ram, soon to be upped to 8 gig as I have 64 bit OS.

Last edited:
On the other hand, TS'10 + SP1 works fine on my system, right out of the box, and I don't experience any of the problems you mention. I find it difficult to feel Auran's development processes are at fault.

Same here, I have had virtually no issues with 2010.

I've resolved this by uninstall TS2010, reboot, install
I have the same problem although TRAINZ only hangs for 15-30 seconds. Does it really take that long to process the scenery?
My machine might be a little underpowered with a 3.0 GHz dual process, a nVidia 9600GT with 256 MB and Windows XP.
And I had a problem with scenery redraw in 2009 attributed to "speed grass". Hope "speed trees" don't cause a similar problem.

Back