Help

susanaes

NYCTA Developer
i just got a new computer and i lost all my things on trainz that was on my old computer. So i reinstalled it to this one and it worked but when ever i try to use Content Manager on both TC, and TRS2006 i get a window thats says Content Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close and Content Manager nevers opens it goes right to this window so can anyone help me?

i just got a new computer and i lost all my things on trainz that was on my old computer. So i reinstalled it to this one and it worked but when ever i try to use Content Manager on both TC, and TRS2006 i get a window thats says Content Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close and Content Manager nevers opens it goes right to this window so can anyone help me?

Probably need to install the OpenGL drivers. Content manager won't work without them. Updating the drivers from your Video cards manufacturer should hopefully fix it.

the OS is WinXP. I've downloaded the drivers but it wont work. do the drivers have to be in a specific location or directory on the computer? I'm not a PC person so not familiar with where files go.

Hi Susan,

Sorry, but your picture can't be displayed in the forum. In order to post an image, you need to host it on an image sharing website such as ImageShack, PhotoBuck, or Webhost. Once your file is hosted, copy the link, that the hosing site provides to the file in the forum, and we will be alowed to see it.

This is how many forums work, and it's done to reduce the bandwidth (network speed) required to display images.

Now regarding your driver issue, After you've downloaded the updated drivers for your hardware, there should be installers for them that will put the files in the correct place, and will usually require a reboot when done.

What can be really helpful for us, since we can't see your machine directly, is to post the make and model, and any other information you have such as the type of video card.

I know this may sound like a lot of stuff at once, but if you can do this, I'm sure your frustration level will be a lot less.

John

every time i click on CMP it goes to this window Content Manager Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the Inconvenience

i did it but it didnt work also i get a window that says this Content Manager Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the Inconvenience.What does it mean?

Last edited:
i did it but it didnt work also i get a window that says this Content Manager Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the Inconvenience.What does it mean?

This sounds like something has become corrupted with your installation. Try deleting the Asset.tdx file from the Auran/TRS2006 directory, which is usually located in.

C:\Program Files\Auran.

1- When you delete the file, make sure nothing else is running.

2- Start Trainz and let it rebuild. This can take some time so go off somewhere else and have a cup of tea, coffee, or perhaps a nap.

John

ok ill try that and yes its me susanaes but i was tried of using my m#%$ name so i changed it and yes im a dude

P.S. Do i have to reinstall the game after i do this?

Last edited:
ok ill try that and yes its me susanaes but i was tried of using my m#%$ name so i changed it and yes im a dude

P.S. Do i have to reinstall the game after i do this?

No you do not have to reinstall the game after this. This rebuilding of the database is done within the game. Let it do it's thing. Don't even go to the forums, download music, watch videos, or anything while the rebuilding is taking place.

John

oh because i got rid of it and went to the CMP and nothing happened

CMP would also do the same thing. If CMP is now working, then your problem has been solved. You may not of had a very small amount of data to rebuild.

John

When u get rid of the tdx file is there a pop-up window

None. When the database is repaired, there's a window that may come up stating that the database repair is complete. I can't remember offhand without running the process.

Sometimes if you click on the main window, you may send the message window behind the main one. To bring your information box back, press Alt-Tab to bring up a status of the hidden windows. I can't remember what it looks like in Windows XP, but in Windows 7 it shows mini-icons of the different programs that are running when you do this.

John

Back