10 bluff or progress

celje

After using 10 two weeks i think it's time for impressions:
  • the promise that EE will have a lot of 3d assets is not realized
  • Auran made the brave dessision that he will clean TS of the old assets and put in the highest standard. It seems that he is on good way and he succeed (obsolete assets). I do understand that must be the compatibility with older versions but don't understant, that 10 has so many bultin assets from 1.3, 1.5, 2.0 versions. A half of builtin routes don't belong in 10. I was very surprised that , when instaling 10, i have not option to install only the routes from 10. Instaling as standalone or upgraded 09 give the same result, all the routes from 09 are installing automatically.( yes you have the star, but for what purpose, all the assets are on PC now under 10)
  • Speedtrees is a very good decision, very refreshing, you must be very careful using Replace assets tool for trees, because frames/s drop down very quick. My PC isn't bad but frames drop down from 40 to 10-15 in native mode.
  • Maybe i'm wrong, i didn't find any new 3d assets except speedtrees.
  • Layers are very promising but still stay, if you make any change, the route is saved under your kuid. But it's the good solution for sessions
  • The playebility is same as 09, it's seem that semaphores are more stable. Two routes are very impressive (Avery and ECML) for others i think that don't belong in 10, they are old well known before 10. The Auran track is not good enough, something must be done, Auran don't force the bad asset. The alphabetic order of assets must be repaired in Surveyor ( not Z-A). Some sessions don't work ( e.g. Niddertalbahn) maybe is better that you delete them or repair, the problem is arising in 09
  • Congratulation Auran, you made the big effort and you succeed, now we have the base for new innovation ( »living« passengers, , real driving (fuel), economy on tracks...
regards

You're not seeing all the new stuff if you haven't seen all the extremely high detail buildings that are included. They are not used on a map but they are there in the objects menu.

Set the search filter to this in surveyor:
rating = 5 stars
minimum build = 2.9

William

Last edited:
Thank you for the tip. Yes there is a great bunch of new assets. As you said i was looking and comment only the releasing maps.

regards

You're not seeing all the new stuff if you haven't seen all the extremely high detail buildings that are included. They are not used on a map but they are there in the objects menu.

Set the search filter to this in surveyor:
rating = 5 stars
minimum build = 2.9

William
Some nice stuff there Williams, thanks for that tip.
Geoff

Back