Annoyed at stuff

jadebullet

might be back?
Yes, this is a thread where I am basically going to whine about something.

I am just annoyed that the server drag caused by TRS2010 has effectively shut down the DLS. I need to grab about 5 pieces of ground brush for my route which I am making for my business info systems class at college, but I am not able to download it due to the full server.

I know that there is nothing that can be done. I am just stating my annoyance at my luck. (And no, it isn't Auran's fault.) I meant to download them last night, but the program that allows access to the college network took a dump and refused to acknowledge that I had an anti virus, so I didn't have internet last night. So yeah, my luck sucks lately.

Oh well, what can you do? Hopefully TRS2010 turns out to be a nice program. I will probably end up getting it at some point.

I know that there is nothing that can be done. I am just stating my annoyance at my luck. (And no, it isn't Auran's fault.)

Sure it's Aurans fault, they should have anticipated this situation and taken measures to avoid it. More bandwith, more mirrors distributed around the world, torrents, etc. etc.
This seems very unprofessional to me.

They are a small company. I expected that this would happen.

Really, Auran cannot help what happened. It isn't like the download isn't working at all. It is just that it will take a little longer for people to get their game. Hell, even large companies have this problem. Look at the Wii shortage, or the Xbox 360 shortage. It happens.

Thankfully, I have until the 10th to get things done, and I have other things to work on.

They are a small company. I expected that this would happen.

Really, Auran cannot help what happened. It isn't like the download isn't working at all. It is just that it will take a little longer for people to get their game. Hell, even large companies have this problem. Look at the Wii shortage, or the Xbox 360 shortage. It happens.

Thankfully, I have until the 10th to get things done, and I have other things to work on.

For the record, I've been unable to START the purchased downloads for the past six hours. I'm not even able to get a slow connection - I am unable to get any connection. So while YOU may have expected it, it sucks, and is really poor service.

It isn't really poor service. It is just service. It isn't cost effective to purchase the servers necessary to allow everyone to start their download at once, just for one release. Especially when your company is probably riding on the profits of the release. Auran is a small business. They cannot afford to allow everyone to download at once. Heck, with the exception of Steam, alot of direct download games have this problem. Just be glad that there is a download edition. They could always just release onto DVD only. It is too bad that downloading to Steam would cause another headache with DLS and 3rd party assets.

Having to wait a day or maybe even two to download a game on a busy release day is a normal occurance, and is at most a minor inconvenience. Heck I am inconvenienced, but it is still minor, and pretty much a result of my bad luck and bad timing of computer issues.

BTW, just be glad that you are a new member. People like me who have been collecting assets for routes and such will have to deal with probably 40 hrs of installing our 100s or thousands of pieces of content in our local folder when we update.

kristjin
You appear to be a new member and already you've made 25 negative posts. I don't think that the constant griping is going to get you the download any faster. Just chill, let your blood pressure drop a little and everything will work out in the end. It's just not worth getting so upset over a game.

Welcome to Trainz and I'm sure that after you get your download, you'll become as fixated with it as the rest of us are.

Mike

F So while YOU may have expected it, it sucks, and is really poor service.
Sure, it sucks when you are anxious to get it, but it's not poor service....nor is it unprofessional.....it just seems that way to the ME/NOW group that infests this forum....:cool:

Sure, it sucks when you are anxious to get it, but it's not poor service....nor is it unprofessional.....it just seems that way to the ME/NOW group that infests this forum....:cool:

Normally I wouldn't reply but I have to. It *IS* poor service and it is also unprofessional. To be expected? Maybe. But surely it is not unreasonable to expect that if a company sells you a product, they can deliver it. They didn't say anything at the time of order about it being delayed several days until demand dies down. They just sold me a downloadable copy of the game which they are thus far completely unable to provide.

Yes, I've had a lot of spare time today to sit and bitch about what I'm not getting, and how I want it right now. But let's face it - I've been trying to start the downloads for over six hours. That's pretty bad service. Of course, that's just my opinion, and that's that.

I have no doubt I'll be fixated when I can finally get what I have already paid for. But if it's cool to sell me something that you can't deliver to me, then it's cool for me to sit on your forums and bitch all day long.

Cheers!

I am able to get onto DLS. Haven't tried to DL anything recently, but let me give it a try.

Edit: I am able to DL content, albeit a bit slow to start the DL, but once it has started, the speed looks normal.

FW

Last edited:
But if it's cool to sell me something that you can't deliver to me, then it's cool for me to sit on your forums and bitch all day long.

Cheers!
Oh, they can deliver it....it's just that your timetable is irrelevant...you just have to wait your turn like everybody else.....as for complaining....if it's therapeutic for you, it's your forum too...:cool:

So, if you go to an amusement park, and pay for admission to ride the rides, it is unprofessional of the park to not have instant access to every single ride instantly. If there is even a single line, they are unprofessional. They should have built that rollercoaster to have 1,000 cars in order to accommodate the demand for said rollercoaster. Who cares about laws of physics or feasability. You need to ride that rollercoaster NOW! You paid money to ride that rollercoaster and having to wait in line for half an hour is unacceptable. You should get 1 month of free admission because of it.

Here you go once again. Wow, twice in one day, nice.
guinea_pig.JPG

This is all getting a little old.

We all know...except kristjin, that it takes as long as it takes. We'll get the download soon(tm). I'm upset with you guys for hogging all the dls bandwidth. Works both ways I guess. But, I'll live.

And by the way, kristjin. You won't sit on these forums complaining for much longer. Be cool and wait your turn.

Boco

It's only a Game...and I like it...I like it alot !

I have been thrilled with TRS2006 performance...I soon will be purchasing the 2009/2010 Trainz version...I'm sure that I could build one heck of a great looking route using just the built in assets of the new simulator...and I am sure it will improve even more in the coming months. From what I have seen, the trackwork is far superior looking.

Sticktoitiveness is a virtue:cool:

Yes, this is a thread where I am basically going to whine about something.

I am just annoyed that the server drag caused by TRS2010 has effectively shut down the DLS. I need to grab about 5 pieces of ground brush for my route which I am making for my business info systems class at college, but I am not able to download it due to the full server.

I know that there is nothing that can be done. I am just stating my annoyance at my luck. (And no, it isn't Auran's fault.) I meant to download them last night, but the program that allows access to the college network took a dump and refused to acknowledge that I had an anti virus, so I didn't have internet last night. So yeah, my luck sucks lately.

Oh well, what can you do? Hopefully TRS2010 turns out to be a nice program. I will probably end up getting it at some point.

So thats why I couldn't download those bits 'n' bobs for my route....
I thought it was just my internet connection or computer :eek:

Same here tried downloading a few things yesterday it said server full. didn't t know about the 2010 release date. Untill I saw this thread
John

Back