Talyllyn Railway

Hello,

Not quite sure if I understand you question, but I think the loco's are available from www.uktrainsim.com. At the moment, there is no route available, but one might be in the works.

Cheers,
John

wow this thread is old:p...
anyway
I know hbl is making the route (haven't heard much from him lately)
Kevmt has the engines made for MSTS, Talyllyn and Dolgoch are available for trainz, but Sir Haydn, Edward Thomas, Midlander, Douglas, Tom Rolt, and Merseysider are not yet available for trainz. I dont know if Kevmt is making them or not. I was going to have a go at Tom Rolt, but that died as I couldn't find drawings. The goods wagons are on the Talyllyn's site, the long bogey coaches have been made for MSTS (seems like they have everything doesnt it? :rolleyes:) but not for trainz, and there are no plans to make them for trainz...
too bad...
hopefully there will be new stuff soon:rolleyes:
Jeremy

Hi.
I have made a Talyllyn layout, the station track plans are my interpretation of the 1968 plans, the terrain is not as good as it could be as I am not so good at hills yets. All the inventory are on the DLS.

DLS have the layout searchable under the name Talyllyn.

If any one wants to change the layout and upload it, that would be cool

Many thanks to all who produced the items I used..

Mike

G'day All,
ATM I am trying to get the track alignment for the section between Abergynowlyn and Nant Gwernol nice and smooth, and getting the grades to ease off a bit.

Wanted to update the news, thought here was a nice spot.

Tywyn Pendre is undergoing some changes in TRS at the moment, after finding some plans of the altered layout last night (c1999), but apart from that work still continues sourcing photos meticulously scanning Google Earth for what the area generally looks like.

Some people on here must think I've lost interest in the project, and I'm more than happy to say that they're dead wrong. If anything, its schoolwork that's slowed the whole thing down, being in my second-last year in high school, I just don't have much time to be on Trainz (in fact, the last time I was on the PC that has TRS was three months ago) and with general life getting in the way now (part-time job, school, and general teenage things), I haven't found the time to be on there. And its a very tedious job - on my desk I have a binder of photos, maps, diagrams, and notes about an inch thick, just on the TR, and I'm continuously checking back on these things, to get the look and the feel right. And sometimes, it gets very boring. The level of detail im packing into the route is immense, and the end result will look awesome. And if it takes me another two years to polish her off, and to have the job done nicely, then I'm happy. I'm not going to rush the job, because that's not doing the real thing justice. I won't have emails flooding in about the fact the Dolgoch station doesn't
look right, or that I've got Tywyn Wharf wrong, or that it looks like crap. Perfection takes time, ladies and gentlemen, so it'll be ready when it's ready.

Hope the above clears things up for most.

Cheers,
Hayden Lynch

Thought this thread could do with an update, If anyone is interested I'm working on the TR route is it was during the mid 50s. Im currently focused on the area between the wharf and Rhydyronen but If anyone likes the look of the route, PM me and Ill send you a copy of the CDP.*

*Route is for Trainz 09

Henryblue_20110705_0001.jpg

Henryblue_20110705_0003.jpg

Henryblue_20110705_0006.jpg

Henryblue_20110705_0016.jpg

Henryblue_20110705_0007.jpg

Henryblue_20110705_0008.jpg

Adam

Looks fine to me, well done, glad there is at least one other real Welsh NG route in progress, oddly enough I came into Trainz after stumbling on the DHR website and decided to finish what I started and never finished in 009 back in about 1970, it's sort of grown into the whole route which I never could have done in 009!

Edit:

The 009 stuff looks good as well

Last edited:
tallyyn railway

Thought this thread could do with an update, If anyone is interested I'm working on the TR route is it was during the mid 50s. Im currently focused on the area between the wharf and Rhydyronen but If anyone likes the look of the route, PM me and Ill send you a copy of the CDP.*

*Route is for Trainz 09

hi i just wanted to know if you still do that offer

I'm working on a model of Edward Thomas:
edward_thomas_by_trainboi-d6g0ng5.jpg

small_steam_by_trainboi-d6g0qy6.jpg

Blender render here: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/212/4/b/render_success_by_trainboi-d6g0j3v.png [Not posted as an image as I'm not sure what the limits are on this subforum. It exceeds 640x440.]
He's about ready, I just need to master cab views. This is also my first model with a load.
Anyway, I also have drawings of Sir Hadyn and Tom Rolt which I will make later. If anyone has a drawing for Douglas, please PM me and I'd be happy to complete the steamer set.

I'm working on a model of Edward Thomas:
edward_thomas_by_trainboi-d6g0ng5.jpg

small_steam_by_trainboi-d6g0qy6.jpg

Blender render here: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/212/4/b/render_success_by_trainboi-d6g0j3v.png [Not posted as an image as I'm not sure what the limits are on this subforum. It exceeds 640x440.]
He's about ready, I just need to master cab views. This is also my first model with a load.
Anyway, I also have drawings of Sir Hadyn and Tom Rolt which I will make later. If anyone has a drawing for Douglas, please PM me and I'd be happy to complete the steamer set.

Sadly, I couldn't find any, but this could help:

GBRAIRLMTaRA76P.jpg

If I find actual drawings, I will PM them to you, but for the time being, this will have to do.

*Route is for Trainz 09

Henryblue_20110705_0001.jpg

Henryblue_20110705_0003.jpg

Henryblue_20110705_0006.jpg

Henryblue_20110705_0016.jpg

Henryblue_20110705_0007.jpg

Henryblue_20110705_0008.jpg

Adam

THAT IS NICE! Can i have the .cdp?

Look at the date - 2011, FIVE years ago! As there has been no update since then you can draw your own conclusion.

Back