Fixing meshes

tommy2tap

a good bit of content that I have downloaded from the DLS is showing as having errors and warnings. When I highlight and select show warnings and errors there is a message about "progressive meshes" no longer working in trainz and suggests switching to a LOD mesh. Is this fixable and if so how? I would like to have everything working properly. Thanks in advance.

a good bit of content that I have downloaded from the DLS is showing as having errors and warnings. When I highlight and select show warnings and errors there is a message about "progressive meshes" no longer working in trainz and suggests switching to a LOD mesh. Is this fixable and if so how? I would like to have everything working properly. Thanks in advance.

Meshes aren't fixable by the end-user. They can only be repaired by the original creator. I don't think it matters anyway because I've seen no drop in performance.

John

"progressive meshes" no longer working in trainz

This is a warning not an error so the asset will probably be OK.

You could try using PEVs PM2IM tool which will convert the mesh(es) to im's, you will have to edit the config file to point to the new mesh(es).

Other than this conversion (as John said) you cannot edit the mesh.

I've used PEV's PM2IM program to convert hundreds of assets' PM meshes to IM without problems. (He also has tools to fix many of the missing .texture file errors that you might encounter.) If it's an asset you really need/want and are willing to invest the time it can be done without the original creator's mesh files. If you get an error message about an actual error with the mesh (such as a missing attachment point, etc.) then you would need the creator's original files to fix this.

--Lamont

Back