Corrupt install files?

Approach_Medium

Trainz Addict
Hi; I recently installed Windows 7 and created a dual-boot system. I didn't want to go through the trouble of re-installing TS2009, so I just created a shortcut in the Windows 7 desktop for the old Win XP install. This works fine. Now, I ended up re-installing Win XP and Win 7 on a new HDD. I decided to try first installing TS2009 onto Win 7 from the original setup file. First, the setup ran about 1/4 the way through and stopped with an error. Said it could not copy file .ja (not sure what the file name was). The dialog said that the file might be corrupt. I tried again, running the setup program with Admin privs. This time the install went a lot further, maybe about 1/2 way. But it stopped with the same error. Another .ja file (probably not the same one that it stopped on before). I am wondering whether this is a problem with Windows 7, or maybe there is a problem with the TS2009 files. That would really surprise me, since I have re-installed TS2009 many times on Windows XP from the same source. The setup files are located on my hard drive, but also on a DVD. Has anyone else had problems installing TS2009 in Windows 7? I am getting around this problem by simply copying the entire working folder for TS2009 into my new install of Win 7. FW

I installed TrS 2009 on a new computer that came with Seven with no problem at all.
I also upgraded another computer to Seven that had TRS 2009 already installed and that went flawlessly also. In both cases the game works wonderfully.
P. S. I installed from dvd also.
Loren

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply;

I found later that I had system problems. My install of Win 7 and Win XP was corrupt due to a misconfiguration on the system board.
It was a very odd problem. The OS seemed to work well enough, but I was having strange problems reading the disks.
This must have been causing read/write errors, which caused the install to abort with errors.

I've got everything running smoothly now, but I still chose to simply copy my Trainz folder from the backup drive onto the working drive.
It's great that Trainz can be run this way.
I now have my TS2009 install on a separate partition from the OS. That way, if I need to re-install the OS, I don't lose anything in Trainz.

FW

Back