Wrong side of the tracks?

bassist118

Suffering for his art.
Just starting on another route, this time I'm trying to produce a Slovakian route and was wondering which side of double track they run on over there.

Cheers all

:D

Andy

Hey Andy,

Nice idea young man, I've only ever found 2 Slovakian layouts, so we could do with something more......
I've got loads of Czech layouts and lots of other Eastern European routes and they generally drive on the right hand side on the continent, however, I have seen signals facing the same way on both sides, so, can assume that they run both sides of the tracks in the same direction on occassions, which in essence is ideal as you don't have to do a lot of junction switchovers......

Cheerz. ex. :wave:

Just starting on another route, this time I'm trying to produce a Slovakian route and was wondering which side of double track they run on over there.

Cheers all

Andy
I think from memory, that France is the only mainland European railway to run on the left. There are several countries that have two way running as a matter of course, but only the Netherlands springs to mind at the moment.

Cheers

PS found this.
http://www.brianlucas.ca/roadside/#trains

Cheers for your help, I'm starting in Banska Bystrica a large Junction town set in some beautifull sceenery, Eastern Europe is beautifull and there are thousands of top quality Eastern European assets for Trainz.

Andy

P.S. Dont wait for this as I have no Idea when it'll be finished as my W.I.P.S are getting a little rediculous. Should probobly try to finish somthing.

Prototypical(ish)

Banska Bystrica
Sheerness - Sittingbourne
Shoeburyness - Fenchurch Street

Fantasy

Sodorshire
Queensferry
Port Vail (2ft ng that will be merged with Queensferry eventally)

Typically you run the trains on whichever side of the tracks the management feels like. Here in the States, there is no set direction for trains to run on when on double-track railroads. I've seen two trains running parallel to each other in the same direction on a double track fairly frequently.

Back