UK Network Rail Trackplans

These are very accurate route maps, and they are extremely helpful in UK route building, now if there was a way of getting these maps and making them paste along a base board like bing maps and google earth in trainz, then we will be in business...

We could create our own new routes, using real trackwork, maybe I'm thinking too far ahead and maybe this is something for the future...

Nice find Stovepipe, the maps will come in very useful indeed.

Joe Airtime

Joe, it shouldn't be too hard to get the maps to baseboards. Keep your eyes peeled for the next Trainz Community Newsletter due sometime next week. We're featuring another tutorial for Google Earth, but if you follow it you should have no trouble at all replacing the Google images with these maps.

Regards,
John

Joe, it shouldn't be too hard to get the maps to baseboards. Keep your eyes peeled for the next Trainz Community Newsletter due sometime next week. We're featuring another tutorial for Google Earth, but if you follow it you should have no trouble at all replacing the Google images with these maps.

Regards,
John

Many thanks John, will keep an eye out for this, just wondering can these track plans be placed on base boards like google earth on a baseboard, or is this something not been thought up yet.?.

Many thanks John once again for alerting me to the next newsletter...

Joe Airtime

I'm assuming that any image can be transferred to a baseboard provided it's converted to the right format. I haven't had a chance to put the tutorial on the TRainz Resources Directory yet, so I hope you can hold out til Monday or Tuesday. We're waiting on an important article to be written before we go to press.

John

Has anyone downloaded this and found a track plan of the Widened Lines (Kings Cross to Moorgate?) I'd like to know if it's there, before downloading a 235Mb file. Better still, if anyone would be willing to make a screengrab for me........

EDIT: The actual reason I want this is to get the platform layout for Moorgate sub-surface station. So if anyone can tell me that, no need for the track plans!

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

Last edited:
I thought "great, just the sort of thing I've been looking for for ages". But no luck, the Scottish one brings up an error message saying the file is "damaged and cannot be repaired".

Neil.
Sometimes that means you need a more recent version of Acrobat Reader which you can get from the Adobe website.

Has anyone downloaded this and found a track plan of the Widened Lines (Kings Cross to Moorgate?) I'd like to know if it's there, before downloading a 235Mb file. Better still, if anyone would be willing to make a screengrab for me........

EDIT: The actual reason I want this is to get the platform layout for Moorgate sub-surface station. So if anyone can tell me that, no need for the track plans!

Thanks,
Mick Berg.

If you mean the current station, it's two platforms off 1 island. They're numbered 9 & 10 and are 7 coaches long (313).

I've found this video which may assist you in your quest http://vimeo.com/19906655
http://www.harsig.org/PDF/CircleWidened.pdf is a complete track and signalling plan of the entire route.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Oops. My bad. Didn't read the latest date of the post. Strange thing is, this topic came up a recent post on the forum for me. Never mind, better late than never.

Not a problem ricky25, always best to keep this one popping up now and again, as it is a good thread with a great link to UK rail track plans, google earth is good for some things, but to get a close up view of any UK goods yards switch layouts, and track speeds, then this link is the best.

Joe Airtime

Maybe this should be a sticky somewhere please, Mods?

Regards.
CaptEngland (and thanks to Stovepipe for OPing this one!)

Back