UK Network Rail Trackplans

Nice find Stovepipe! Ill definitley be looking into that whilst route building! But then again I still like my Quail Track Diagrams :)

Wow. You read my mind as only today I was using Google to get an idea for a track out of Wimbledom Station but the satelite view aint that clear and I was about to ask the question you answered.
Thanks
Andrew

Loving the find but having some trouble.

I live in wirral. My local line being part of Merseyrail and therefore Network Rail. However wirral being in the N/W of England i do not see a N/W plan.

The nearest one (western), when i search for Lime street (Merseyrails main station and a connection to all mainline services) nothing comes up.

Can someone point me in the right direction, i have been struggling to recreate it for years.

Thanks, BigThing

Hi,

Merseyrail is in the LNW-N route file, starting on page 325.

Unfortunately the search facility doesn't work on these files.

hth
stovepipe

Well spotted that man!
Amazing, the first track plan to come up was Kings Cross, the area that I am interested in. If only the clock could be turned back sixty years! Is there any way to only download part of the file, as it's so huge?
Thanks,
Mick Berg.
EDIT: To answer my own question, as I was lucky enough that the stuff I wanted was at the beginning of the document, I just used a screen grabber to capture the first three pages.

Last edited:
I thought "great, just the sort of thing I've been looking for for ages". But no luck, the Scottish one brings up an error message saying the file is "damaged and cannot be repaired".

Neil.

Works fine for me. Try right click then "save target as" to download whole file and then open when it's finished.

hth
stovepipe

Could some kind person please email me a screenshot of one of the plans so that i can use it in a listing in the Trainz Resources Directory. (See this link for examples). My internet connection is too slow to download those huge files.

Stovepipe, I give recognition to people who tell me about things that are suitable for the directory, which is there for the entire community. Unfortunately, I can't do it if I find it on the forum, because there may be older posts on the same subject.

Posting on the forum is good, but this post will be history in ten days or less. The listing will always be available in the directory however.

I'll post it as soon as i get hold of a screenshot.

For those of you desperately trying to prepare screenshots for me, please don't bother because Mick_Berg has sent me one. Thanks Mick for your prompt response.

Stovepipe,

Originally tried "save target as" a few times, but it wouldn't work. Just tried again and was successful this time.

Thanks,
Neil.

Stovepipe,

Originally tried "save target as" a few times, but it wouldn't work. Just tried again and was successful this time.

Thanks,
Neil.

I was just about to post that I'd tried them and they seem to download no problem but I see you've discovered that already...

They're just the ticket given that I'm currently working on a version of the Glasgow suburban routes.

Cheers
Innis.

Last edited:
Could some kind person please email me a screenshot of one of the plans so that i can use it in a listing in the Trainz Resources Directory. (See this link for examples). My internet connection is too slow to download those huge files.

Stovepipe, I give recognition to people who tell me about things that are suitable for the directory, which is there for the entire community. Unfortunately, I can't do it if I find it on the forum, because there may be older posts on the same subject.

Posting on the forum is good, but this post will be history in ten days or less. The listing will always be available in the directory however.

I'll post it as soon as i get hold of a screenshot.

No problem John, I'll bear that in mind in future.

I have finally gotten around to recreating my local network. However i have come up with a problem.

In the "Mileage" column There are two Letters, "M" and "Ch". I assumed that "M" was Miles, but these were not in decimals so therefore no where near as acurate as i would like them to be. "Ch" looks more accurate but i have no idea what "Ch" is OR any of its relations to other Measurements.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have finally gotten around to recreating my local network. However i have come up with a problem.

In the "Mileage" column There are two Letters, "M" and "Ch". I assumed that "M" was Miles, but these were not in decimals so therefore no where near as acurate as i would like them to be. "Ch" looks more accurate but i have no idea what "Ch" is OR any of its relations to other Measurements.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Ch is Chains - a measurement of 22 yards

I believe Miles and Chains (80 to a mile) are still the measurement system in use on NR. Scottish Region uses miles and yards.

Steve.

Back