Ground textures Blurred after upgrade

boleyd

The ground textures of t2009 seem blurred when viewed at lower angles (close to ground) after upgrade. Previously the new TS09 textures were sharp an remained so further out than now. Looked at same scenes on a 17 inch CRT and same blurring. The new LSD native res is 1980x1020. Lower resolutions showed no improvement. Full screen vs. window and DirectX vs OpenGL no change.:'(

Original:
6 year old 19" LCD
Windows XP/SP3

Changed to:
23 inch LCD 1980x1020
Windows7

Other things unchanged:
nVidia 8600 256mb
2gb memory
4400 DualCore cpu 2.4ghz

Fixed

I was ready to erase T2009 the gound texture blurring was so bad. Then, while setting up FSX under Windows7 I discovered that Anisotropic filtering was OFF. Set it on to 16X and the ground textures in T2009 now look as they should! Quality ground textures play a lrge role in Trainz since the vegetation is at a low resolution with noteable exceptions from the addon providers (thanks). Not only are trees needed but ground cover (bushes, shrubs & weeds) are also of low quality in the default objects. Anyhow all is once again well.

Check your ability to take screenshots. Last I knew in Build 40040, while you get better appearance, you lose the ability to take screenshots with Prt Scrn. You can keep the setting and use FRAPs or Game Recorder for screenshots, they allow BMP or PNG lossless and JPG that you could convert as needed.

Back