Bought 2009

Baron_Jutter

So I bought 2009 a few months ago but now I have a new computer, where the heck do I download it again? I've searched all over the trainz shop and there's no clear way to download my game again. I'm used to steam and direct2drive having very clear interfaces for this, auran should really make this sort of thing easier. At the moment it looks like it's going to be easier and faster to just download a torrent of 2009 from piratebay and stick my legitimate serial number in! Ridiculous!

So I bought 2009 a few months ago but now I have a new computer, where the heck do I download it again? I've searched all over the trainz shop and there's no clear way to download my game again. I'm used to steam and direct2drive having very clear interfaces for this, auran should really make this sort of thing easier. At the moment it looks like it's going to be easier and faster to just download a torrent of 2009 from piratebay and stick my legitimate serial number in! Ridiculous!
Try sending an e-mail to Auran customer support.
I would avoid the torrent sites. Lots of them will make your computer very sick (ie; virus and trojans)

Also, at least in the US, the FBI seems to be getting more interested in software piracy.
While I don't believe the feds are particularly interested in a few, or even a few hundred people who illegally DL Trainz, Auran may take some sort of action if things get out of hand.

Tell Auran that if they don't provide you a re-download, you will buy a competitor's product instead<g>

I would think that if you still have your serial number, you should be able to DL TS2009 again.

FW

Was there any particular reason why you didn't burn off a copy of the download onto a DVD, or back it up onto a different partition, an external USB HDD, or a flash drive ?????
That what 'common sense' told me to do... Yeah, 'common sense' yelled into my right ear; 'back the download up idiot' :wave:
So rather than get in and argument with 'common sense', I backed it up !!!! (in two separate places)... :hehe:

If you try and use a pirated version of TRS2009, there's a good probability that you won't be able to patch it to 40040... Auran hopefully built into TRS2009 anti-piracy code that's stops anyone without a legitimate copy of 09 from being able to patch past the version they have pirated...
"Piracy" doesn't help cover Auran's weekly wages bill. Sales of legit copies hopefully help/do cover that !!!!!
This is one of the few communities where the word "Piracy" is a dirty word. If everyone pirated Trainz, there would be no revenue coming to Auran for them to continue developing Trainz. (it's simple, no revenue, no further development, no Trainz X, no TRS2012, etc, etc)...

I know you have a legit copy of TRS2009, so I'm not inferring (or calling) you personally are a 'pirate". This is more for those AH's that are...

Contact the Helpdesk and give them your purchase details and the serial number...
I'm sure they will then resend you the link.
Happy Trainzing.
Cheers, Mac... :)

Last edited:
Have you looked in Profile (near top of page) and then go into Order History, thats where I go for my d/load link? John.

If you really need to purchase TS2009 again, try Ebay. I just looked, and found one for $9.95 + $3.85 shipping (to the USA).
Looks like bran-new in box, most likely legit.

You could also pre-order TS2010 from Auran.

If you are able to re-download, please make a DVD backup.
That is the first thing I did after DL, even before I installed.

FW

Back