Built-in Content

amtrakrulez

I decided that I had enough of 3rd Party content (well, CMP crashes every time I go into it), I would let everyone show their screenshots that have built-in content. Anyone can add!

With quality default content like this i can see why you got fed up with third party content.
60f3593151d4910a626444aa203a8445.jpg

3rd party stuff doesn't cause CMP or Trainz to crash. It's a PC problem...tons of 3rd party stuff works just fine for me on Vista OS, 3gig ram, 500hd, desktop PC, with a Nividia video card...it even worked with a 4 y/o 1gb laptop, with a factory video card

Last edited:
3rd party stuff doesn't cause CMP or Trainz to crash. It's a PC problem...tons of 3rd party stuff works just fine for me on Vista OS, 3gig ram, 500hd, desktop PC, with a Nividia video card...it even worked with a 4 y/o 1gb laptop, with a factory video card

I'd say its a problem with CMP and Trainz personally

I have had no luck getting TRS2006 to work period, tried every trick in the book, reinstalled about 2 dozen times and its still f'ed up

Before my great computer crash, it worked flawlessly for nearly 2 years, and still works flawlessly on my laptop. Its only on my PC, where it worked fine before, that it refuses to function at all

But that just made me move most of my creating up to Trainz Classics, and expand TRS2006 to only smaller projects

I'd say its a problem with CMP and Trainz personally

... it worked flawlessly for nearly 2 years, and still works flawlessly on my laptop. Its only on my PC, where it worked fine before, that it refuses to function at all

And you're still blaming CMP and Trainz? :confused: I would ask why your laptop like it and your PC doesn't.

I'm not going to get in the bragging game about PC spec but the only time I've crashed Trainz was with some dodgy content and it was one of my own experimental objects that was never released if you must know so don't worry, you'll never see it. Other than that, TS2009 is rock solid on Vista 64

The PC has not changed, that is what makes me blame TRS2006. In fact my PC is a far more powerful system them my laptop which is getting quite old to be honest. And I don't blame CMP, I guess I should have not included it in my post, because I know a way around every single CMP problem I have ever encountered. But getting a fresh install of TRS2006 to work seems impossible, which is very strange considering a lesser system can run it without any problems

Perhaps I'm not clear on the concept but was this the same PC on which it worked flawlessly before the great crash? And so somehow it's Trainz' fault it doesn't work on this PC any more? :confused:
Or is this a different PC?

Same PC, nothing changed at all. TRS2006 locks up and freezes every time I load a map, which never happened before. usually when it locked up before you could wait 10 minutes and it would be fine. I waited 12 hours (not a typo) and it still showed the same screen.

I have reinstalled at least a dozen, perhaps even up to two dozen times, with the same result each time. The only thing I can think of is that the resource cach is not set properly, but I have it set as high as it can go, so I've been trying to figure a way to manually set it above the standard 512 which is the max setting.

Thats the only conclusion I can come to. There is no magic Auran patch that is going to fix this.

Launcher.exe locks up everytime I open it, and requires the task manager to shut it down. CMP has numerous errors, including missing all but one tab for browsing files, so I have to use the search menu to do anything. Ive tried a reinstall and still nothing

So the only conclusion I can come to is that something is wrong with trainz itself, not my system.

Last edited:
Or something is wrong with your installation or the medium you are installing from.

Many users have no problems with 2004, 2006 or any other version, me included.

Bill69

I've had the Launcher.exe lock up on me before. I've found that if you delete your assets. (something, I can't remember the extension) it forces the game to rebuild the asset database and then the game will start up (at least for me). Be patient however, as if you have a large amount of 3rd party content, it'll take a good 10 to 15 minutes (depending on computer ability...)

That said, TRS2006 (and it's CMP) are tricky to get working properly and are about as fragile as a swiss watch, which you don't find in *most* pc games these days...(let's face it bugs happen, but Auran and other game companies seem to have the knack of figuring out quite major ones...at least in TRS2006...from what I understand, Classics and onward seem fairly stable...)

Or something is wrong with your installation or the medium you are installing from.

Many users have no problems with 2004, 2006 or any other version, me included.

Bill69

I have a semi working instalation of TRS2004, but I cannot seem to get anything to install. All my content currently under development will be for 04, and with 2006 working flawlessly on my laptop, I think Ill just shift away from my PC for now

So the only conclusion I can come to is that something is wrong with trainz itself, not my system.
Having admitted that the same game installs and runs flawlessly on your laptop but fails on your PC, how you can conclude that Trainz is at fault is beyond me. :confused:

From where I sit, you have just proven that your PC has an issue. :wave:

well then Mr. I know everything, what is the issue, and how can it be fixed.

Seeing as its the same PC, I can't possibly see how its my computers fault. the Install on my laptop dates back at least a year and a half, where as the install on my PC was two years old when I lost my hard drives.

well then Mr. I know everything, what is the issue, and how can it be fixed.

Seeing as its the same PC, I can't possibly see how its my computers fault. the Install on my laptop dates back at least a year and a half, where as the install on my PC was two years old when I lost my hard drives.

First of all, a few questions that need answers please?

• What is your operating system?
  • How memory do you have installed?
  • How much free space is left on your hard drive?
  • Run DXDiag from the Run box and post your log as an attachment so we can see what the problem is?
Then we may be able to help you sort this out.

I decided that I had enough of 3rd Party content (well, CMP crashes every time I go into it), I would let everyone show their screenshots that have built-in content. Anyone can add!
It is usually a good idea to have a screenshot or more ready when you start a topic.
How can CM be crashing due to third-party content?

I always thought built-in content had it's own romance... after all, it reminds you of the older age of Trainz.

However, I would rather run an ATSF SD40-2 from USLW.net over Auran.

Time to add a screenshot!

trainz201007031722396.jpg

ATSF unit remains in PM mesh form, while the BN unit has been transfered to use IM meshes. The result is interesting, note the windows.

Cheers,
Joshua

Back