Queensland Trainz

Trainz 89,

You don't mean that literally do you? It's a blank space!
Anyway, I've blitztified* the second attempt AGAIN, and now the route's a DEM, kindly made by Jerker at www.victrainz.com.au . Which reminds me, I still need a couple of extensions from him. Does anyone know his email?:eek:

Happy Trainzing,
Scott.;)

As most of the people that count read this thread I thought this would be better placed here. I have been wondering lately if anyone is doing anything in regards to QR rollingstock. I think Dredd is re-doing some of his yard to fit into 2010 but is anyone else building wagons or locos ? There are still some pieces that could be built and I was curious to know if anyone has something on a drawing board somewhere.
Thanks
Glen

As most of the people that count read this thread I thought this would be better placed here. I have been wondering lately if anyone is doing anything in regards to QR rollingstock. I think Dredd is re-doing some of his yard to fit into 2010 but is anyone else building wagons or locos ? There are still some pieces that could be built and I was curious to know if anyone has something on a drawing board somewhere.
Thanks
Glen

Hmmm, that's certainly a maybe, but seriously not a definate! :confused:

Queensland Trainz Is Back; By Order Of The QGR Commissioner

Well some screnshots from me; I think to time to get the old CPR and kick this donkey. This has potential to put QLD trainz back in the spotlight.

Len; I have Jerker's email; but please note that he is currently in Hospitial but I will update you on his progress. Just PM me; I will send his email.:D

By the way; I have done some bits of 'missing' Rolling Stock with Greg Cash e.g QR B17, QR C16 & Comming very soon a C19 & Steph Valve PB15 (1899 Design) also a few wagons plus carriages.

Whats Behind The Fence
trainz89_20091014_0001.jpg

Steam Under The Wires
trainz89_20100916_0014.jpg

I just couldn't resist a tram shot. BCC Deadnought Tram & A RAAF Recruitment Board
trainz89_20100916_0016.jpg

Kind Regards
Michael G
QR/QGR Commissioner
Queensland Trainz Admin​

Last edited:
Quick question (it is also posted in QDR Trainz): are there any bogeys/drivers that are 3ft6in for c17/pb15 or other QR locos (steam or diesel). I can't find any but am sure they exist.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance....

Mark

Thanks
Glen

Hey Glen

Search for WIlliamg on the forums. He has just redont the 2300s to an excellent satndard aswell as the 3100s. He is currently working on the PN and QRN 7100s and 3800s respectively. He was talking about a 4100 at some stage too. :)

sorry to get your hopes up that was a question about reskining the 3700 to the 3800 and the 73

The 3700 is not reskinable (well you can try but I doubt it will work).

The 3800 will be the next together with the 2300.

here is a picture of the 3800 (50% done)
3800_2.jpg

well I am still not sure about the 4000 but I have a 3500 class in the works too...

champion efforts there, but if you do the 4000 class can it be reskinned into the pn class and the 3800 into the 73

Great Work guys! I know it's been a long time since I've done anything. I think my Brisbane CityTrain thread is 8 or 9 pages back now... lost motivation, you see.:sleep: So I can start getting a wriggle on, but progress will be slow, so don't expect huge things any time soon.

Thankyou Michael, QGR Commissioner, for bringing the thread back.:)

Happy Trainzing everyone!;)
Scott.

Nice work Scott, I look forward the progress you make on your Citytrain layout. Ive lost motivation on my QR route too. Not that it got very far in the first place. :\

Cricketstar...do you mean the 3800 class into PNs 7100s?

Haha, thats ok, I got them confused too sometimes. I'm unsure of the technicalitiess reuqired in reskinning, so I will most likely be unable to help there sorry. I'm sure someone with a bit more experience then me at that can comment. :)

Hi All.

Thanks jneil29, it's good to know that I'm not alone in giving on large routes. I've just got too many small, fictional projects to entertain me, as well as re-signalling and replacing crossings on Marias Pass Approach.

Anyway, enough blabber, I have a progress shot!:clap:

Brisbane6.jpg

Busy morning at Roma Street. QR 2308 and 21xx lead a container train headed north from the Port of Brisbane, while the Cleeveland* bound EMU service departs platform 5 with an XPT sitting idle in the background.

Still to replace the tunnel on the left of this picture, then there's the bus depot on top of the interstate platform, 5 more platforms in Roma Street itself, finish off the wye and yards beyond, then signalling and electrification.:sleep:

For a link to download williamg's excellent QR 2300 Class, as well as a 3100/3200 Class he has made, visit http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=64089

The track in use is available from the Yahoo group QDRTrainz, you must be a Yahoo member to register on the group. It is QR 3ft 6in Track 09, a beta by alby6.

Any other questions, comments or queries, you know where to find me.:hehe:

* "Cleeveland" appears to be an error with the scripting on alby6's QR EMU, not sure how to make it one 'e' only.

Thankyou all, and Happy Trainzing!;)
Scott.

Hey Scotling that looks awesome so far. I thought from previous screens I have seen, that you had Roma Street nearly complete?

Looks great cant wait for the release whenever that will be. :cool:

I have resumed work on one of my 5 sections for my layout and Ill post some screenies up soon when I get something more then just track on a DEM surface. :hehe:

Cheers

John.

If nobody objects....
Some various screenshots from my WIP, Brisbane CityTrain.

The Roma Street Motorail depot, and the northern end of Roma Street Platform 10.

A busy scene early in the morning at Roma Street. XPT on the Interstate platform, Robina service on Platform 4, first Ipswich service on Platform 5, the Ferny Grove train pulling into Platform 6 and just out of sight, the first Caboolture service pulls out from Platform 8.

The complex track system just east of Roma Street. I don't trust AI with this one!:hehe:

Some basic information on the route. I blitzted* the route I got shots for earlier in this thread and started a new one with Central as the centre-point. I just thought it might be a good idea.
So far, trackage extends east from Central to Milton, south to South Brisbane almost (Merivale Bridge at least), north to the Motorail teminal at Roma Street, and east to the tunnels to Brunswick Street / Fortitude Valley / Chinatown. This section of the overall system will feature:
Main Line from Park Road to Northgate
Exhibition Circuit
Mayne Yard, although not prototypical
Airport Branch
Pinkenba Branch.
If there is space left over on my grids, I may extend it to Milton (Ipswich line), Dutton Park (Gold Coast line), Buranda (Cleveland line), Wilston (Ferny Grove line), Virginia (Caboolture / Nambour line) and Bindha (Shorncliffe Line). All these lines, plus the base section, add up to the seven layouts to be built.
When downloaded, merge all the routes together and have fun driving.:D
It all sounds simple, but I've only done 3km of track in a month. This section is about 20-30km long, so you do the maths. It would be handy if people gave me a hand with it, so you're not waiting twenty years for the last section:hehe: . If you're interested, PM me.
Scottling.

in the 1st picture what is the name of that car ramp

Hey Scotling that looks awesome so far. I thought from previous screens I have seen, that you had Roma Street nearly complete?

Looks great cant wait for the release whenever that will be. :cool:

I have resumed work on one of my 5 sections for my layout and Ill post some screenies up soon when I get something more then just track on a DEM surface. :hehe:

Cheers

John.

John, I believe he started again

Jamie

This is just a quick side note for those that may be interested. For those that are in the Brisbane area, I have heard from a good friend that 1225 is to be moved from Redbank to Swanbank for preservation. It has apparently been bought, I think, by a private mob. That is all I know.
Now back to regular programming.
Regards
Glen

Back