Queensland Trainz

trainz89

QR Commissioner
Calling All Queenslanders!!!!

This Is To Take The Load Of Australian Screenshot With The Large Goup Of Great (Proud) Queenslanders

Last edited:
Well, the idea is that since your the thread starter, you should get us going with some screenies of your own.;)

Start flooding this thread with screenies of 2100s and 2300s etc, can never get tired of Clydes.:mop:

A view north from Central Station, a section of line from my first attempt at the Brisbane CityTrain network... which I blitzted*and started over, and it now looks better. Oh gee, I have to get shots of that now, don't I?:eek:

*Misspelt on purpose

Here we are, as promised, shots of my new Brisbane CityTrain concept.

Robina-bound IMU waits on Doomben-bound EMU at Park Road, with the XPT in the background.

NSWGR 44267, a National Rail 81 Class and Pacific National 90 Class lead an empty coal train over the concrete bridge from the Port of Brisbane freight line.

The tunnel between Park Road and South Bank stations.

mypic59.jpg
Roma St Station.

My usual
mypic59jpg
effort didn't work.

Hooray I forgot to put a full stop between the pic # and jpg.

mypic60.jpg

Another view.

Last edited:
Two of Manhatton Walk thru to Sth Brisbane Station.

And a night time View.

Ooops another mistake.

mypic83.jpg

mypic84.jpg

mypic84.jpg

Wow, nice work there Norm. Just thought I'd comment on your Roma St, and indeed your whole Brisabne South that I downloaded (not as good as mine, Jokes:hehe: ) Have you built and/or released a Brisbane North, by any chance? And do you like mine?

Scottling,
Don't mean to be picky here but you may want to get the track gang out and move those points for the Cleveland brach a little closer to Park Road. It may be the angle you've taken the shot from but they look a bit too far out. Otherwise keep up the good work. You've taken on quite a project there.
Glen

Well I had a brainwave and thought that if I finish it then upload it, it would be like, 50 MB to download it, which is too much. So I'll build it in sections. For more information, you might want to see the thread Calling All Queenslanders. It has all the info you'll need, and you can reply back here, if you want.:)

Just letting you know. And by the way, if you look carefully, the whole Park Road/Dutton Park/Buranda wye thing is completely out of whack. The dimensions are entirely wrong, so a couple of switches won't make a difference... will it?:eek:

These tunnels are found under UK Tunnel 1- and 2-track stone. They come with stone wing walls and grass splines. Note that the 1 track doesn't really connect properly and a 'hole punch' is required. These should all be available on DLS somewhere.

You just add the catenary like normal track. There is some good tunnel catenary on the DLS, I think you type in "UK 25m Tunnel" & it should come up, it's in a pack.

Ryan

Commissioner Calling!!!!

Hello All

Sorry For My Long Reply But I Have Some Pictures & Norm Can You Show Me Your Gabba Route Becuase I Want To Do The Railway Yards...
It Was A Good Idea To Start A Group But All We Need Is Dreddman & Ghosty

But Now.....Photo's

QGR Ekka Carraiges
trainz89_20091028_0000.jpg

QGR 150th
trainz89_20091007_0004.jpg

trainz89_20091007_0001.jpg

:wave:
Kind Regards

Michael G.

QGR Commissioner

If nobody objects....
Some various screenshots from my WIP, Brisbane CityTrain.

The Roma Street Motorail depot, and the northern end of Roma Street Platform 10.

A busy scene early in the morning at Roma Street. XPT on the Interstate platform, Robina service on Platform 4, first Ipswich service on Platform 5, the Ferny Grove train pulling into Platform 6 and just out of sight, the first Caboolture service pulls out from Platform 8.

The complex track system just east of Roma Street. I don't trust AI with this one!:hehe:

Some basic information on the route. I blitzted* the route I got shots for earlier in this thread and started a new one with Central as the centre-point. I just thought it might be a good idea.
So far, trackage extends east from Central to Milton, south to South Brisbane almost (Merivale Bridge at least), north to the Motorail teminal at Roma Street, and east to the tunnels to Brunswick Street / Fortitude Valley / Chinatown. This section of the overall system will feature:
Main Line from Park Road to Northgate
Exhibition Circuit
Mayne Yard, although not prototypical
Airport Branch
Pinkenba Branch.
If there is space left over on my grids, I may extend it to Milton (Ipswich line), Dutton Park (Gold Coast line), Buranda (Cleveland line), Wilston (Ferny Grove line), Virginia (Caboolture / Nambour line) and Bindha (Shorncliffe Line). All these lines, plus the base section, add up to the seven layouts to be built.
When downloaded, merge all the routes together and have fun driving.:D
It all sounds simple, but I've only done 3km of track in a month. This section is about 20-30km long, so you do the maths. It would be handy if people gave me a hand with it, so you're not waiting twenty years for the last section:hehe: . If you're interested, PM me.
Scottling.

Back