Trainz in South Africa

CobraLAD

Hello everybody.

Does anybody know if there is a company, that sells trainz in SA.
I am looking for

Trainz Driver
Trainz Classics Volume 3

On another note, what happend to the South African Trainz site. Rsatrainz.com?? I have it bookmarked but the site no longer exists. I was looking forward to maybe getting my hands on the GEs that were being built.

Rsa Trainz seems to have gone. Barn does make Rsa content but it is payware.
South African items are almost none existant. I use British rolling stock as a lot of it was imported.
The old SAR &H used to have a huge selection of photos and I cannot find them on the internet.

Mmm, I plan to resolve the SAR ng loco shortage, but not with real prototypes. The WHR garret on Trainzone is of SAR origin (NGG16), but for SG or 3ft 6in (yes, the former didn't exist, but you have to compromise sometimes) I'm stumped. I wish there was more SAR stuff, it's a really interesting part of the world. There is always the option of reskinning and regauging different types (or just reskinning).

Standard guage in South Africa is 3 foot 6 inches. The Gautrain from Eurostar is British Standard Guage and new track has been laid to accomodate it.
There is a Garrett as well for South Africa but it does not look right.

I already knew about the gauge, thanks, and I find 3ft 6ins to be quite fascinating in itself. Not really narrow, but definitley not wide...

ooh there are actually other South African trainzers...
Heavens... Guys, if you are all still around, PM me, or something. It's hard enough as it is :D

RSA Trainz shut down as the founder, Johan Van Zyl (my partner in South African Trainz) had a stroke/heart attack a while ago. At the present time he isnt continuing with RSA Trainz or modelling.

I have a number of RSA models of course, for 3ft6 and 2ft gauge.

The Garratt NGG16 is on 2 ft gauge (like the Apple Express) and I have a NG15 on 3ft6 gauge with custom cab.

Other products I have is mainly for 3ft6 gauge, locos, coaches and wagons.

Sorry to hear about Johan, hope he's ok and recovered.
Thanks for the info on this thread, I didn't expect to find ZA trains on your site, so the info is gladly welcome!
Im in dire need of south african content :D

Got TRS2006 from BT Games a while back. As far as I know they are the only Company that sells Trainz in SA. Perhaps more enquiries will convince them to give Trainz the attention it deserves in SA. I am trying to locate Routes Pack 1,2,3,4.

RSA Trainz

Hi Everyone

I am back and feeling a lot better.

I am currently on a road trip in South Africa doing research for RSA Trainz. If there are any South African trainzers who would like to help please PM me

RSA trainz will be up and running again from October 2010 and from November onwards there will be a lot of South African Items availble

We will make all the locomotives and rollingstock in South Africa past and present. There will also be a number of routes one being the Sishen Line.

Enginetension

Last edited:
Well done Johan, we are glad to see you are feeling better, and back on track so to speak.

Take your time as your efforts we have seen will be well worthwhile !!

There are a few Trainzers around you, and indeed a small following of RSA in the UK and US.

Well done Johan, we are glad to see you are feeling better, and back on track so to speak.

Take your time as your efforts we have seen will be well worthwhile !!

There are a few Trainzers around you, and indeed a small following of RSA in the UK and US.

Thx Paul.. Your support and friendship as always is highly appreciated...

Hello, Johan!

Welcome back to the good old RSA and the Trainz community. I am looking forward to your creations: the last items I saw looked realy good. You are most welcome to look me up when up north (Polokwane).

Kind regards

Fred

Hello, Johan!

Welcome back to the good old RSA and the Trainz community. I am looking forward to your creations: the last items I saw looked realy good. You are most welcome to look me up when up north (Polokwane).

Kind regards

Fred

Thx Fred.. I will definitely make a plan to look you up when I am up north.

Trainz sold in RSA

I saw a few pack in Incredible Connection in Pretoria. Cannot remember which ones actually.
Pity everybody are suddenly going payware like MSTS and Trainsimulator.
What happened to the spirit. I am unfortunately not a software engineer to be able to build content to help out getting SAR/SAS/Spoornet content on DLS.
:D

RSA Trainz

Hi All.

I have been spending months doing research (not an easy task in new SA) and I am busy creating content, but the research continues..

Still lack a lot of information especially on line drawings or blueprints of South African rollingstock and locomotives.

It is easier to get blueprints for a G6 (Best artillery canon in the world) or for a Caspir or even an R4 (Galil) than what it is to get info on trains.

If there are any South African Trainzers who would like to get involve and help me please PM me...

Last edited:
South African Trainz

I own Trainz from the very beginning. Bought my first two through a british franchise and ever since direct from Auran. Not real support in SA or for SA rolling stock. Only payware. Very , very, dad situation. Nobody is prepared to share. Only out to make money. That way , I don't think there will be very big support. TS12 does not have SA content I see.
On the subject of TS 12. I installed it, loaded the serial number, all good and well. When I wanted to register the serial number, the Auran website told me it cannot find the serial number. This results in me not being able to access the download station or download and install the first patch. Anybody out there know how to resolve the problem as Auran's helpdesk does not exist anymore.

Back