What Would Be Your Ultimate Simulator ?

TrainzLover09

Mine would have to be Trainz 2004 incorperated with MSTS and Flight Simulator , the easyness of route creating on Trainz , The Detail Of the locomotive's and rolling stock in MSTS and The Aircraft In Microsoft Flight Simulator X .

Yes indeed! I would love to see some combination of Flight Simulator and a train simulator. Someone started this back in the days of FS98 and FS2000, with FSRail, but he gave up development when MSTS was released.

I read somewhere that some of the Microsoft Aces team that lost their jobs have started a new company. One never knows they may come up with something.

FS2004 and FSX are the best flight sims on the market, IMHO nothing else comes close.

Trainz is arguably the best train sim, the S&C route and rolling stock in TC3 are as good as I've seen, and anyone that has tried route building in MSTS will know what a nightmare it is.

Don't know about Railworks, I made the mistake of buying Rail Simulator, it isn't even installed on my system now.
Geoff

I would combine the experimental vehicle physics of Rigs of Rods with the route creating ease of trs2006 with Flight Sim and Ship Sim (actually, trs2006 uses many of Ship Sim 2006's cars - had you noiticed? with the ability to drive road vehicles, the detail of Rail Simulator and better sound effects.

Is it too much to ask? :eek:

Chris

it would need a hell of a lot of memory thow :D :hehe: maybe one day ... all we can do is hope .....

I love FSX that has to be the best flight simulator out ! MSTS has fantastic rolling stock .

Well, I would keep trainz as it is, but with a graphic engine like Crisys`. THe objects already look good in trainz, all we need is for the game to run smoothly no matter what.:p

I would combine Trainz and Railroad Tycoon. You'd have the surveyor and driver functions of trianz, but you could also have maps made to work with economics, where you get money for your loads and have to pay for all your expenses. You could expand your railroad using your funds as well. You set everything to run at real time or fast, or you can choose to go run a train from one destination to another while keeping to a time schedule and working with other trains on the railroad. I can't imagine how much it would take to make something like that though.

Trainz's AI and surveyor, MSTS physics and train handling with RS/RW's graphics. That would be a winner for me.

Dave.....

I commented on Rigs of Rods, has anyone else seen it before?

It's a free download game, using advanced experimental vehicle physics. In other words, when you crash, it dents, smashes and otherwise breaks.

Chris

Personally, my ultimate simulator would be one that has all the tram, metro, monorail, bus and city content on all versions of Trainz! This would probably be unlikley to be made, but I live in hope. ;)

A simulator with a wider angle field of viw, or 3 wrap around screens, like the real Railroad Industriial Simulators used for training engineers.

I have tried entering into my Trainzoption file: -driverfov=185 and every other numeral, but it still looks like viewing trains with a tunnel vision, through a window.

Trainz, with better planes, trucks, and cars...as I incorporate aerial flyways, and driveable cars in Trainz.

Last edited:
As sad as this sounds, I actually planned a simulator a few year back and I started to learn programming but eventually dropped it because I got heavily into web development.

I was going to be a real life simulator where you could either live out your own life or make one up. It was going to include real places so you could buy the home you live in in real life, etc. It was going to have all types of transport, sport, activities, etc. Now i think of it, no matter how many processors you could put in your computer, it wouldn't be able to handle all the information.

I would have been amazing though.

Trainz's AI and surveyor, MSTS physics and train handling with RS/RW's graphics. That would be a winner for me.
Sorry sparky15 for copying your post but it says it all.
Cheers
Gilles

LoudTrain's Wish

My ultimate simulator would have content creation that's as easy to do as it is in the Punch HomeDesign software.

-- Russ

A version of Trainz that has the whole earth as a map where every object and everything else is completely 100% accurate in detail and is a fully multiplayer arena with Engineers, Conductors, Dispatchers, Foreman, Work Orders and Timetables, etc, etc. I know it's physically impossible (for now anyways) but I can dream can't I?

cam

A full motion simulator?

:cool: No. Unless of course I could routinely visit McDonough, GA to run actual NS routes...

My wishes?

TS2009, RailDriver, subwoofer.

That, plus the many payware, freeware locomotives & cars I have, that's all I need...

Plus a good Internet FM Eclectic station program...(mer).

Last edited:
Back