Wait Until Rule

ApproachMedium

Youtube dude
Is there a way to have a train wait until a certain time of day before departing? Every wait rule I've seen is for "a minute" or "an hour" etc. I would like a real time. "Depart yard at 10:37AM" kind of thing.

-Joe

Is there a way to have a train wait until a certain time of day before departing? Every wait rule I've seen is for "a minute" or "an hour" etc. I would like a real time. "Depart yard at 10:37AM" kind of thing.

-Joe

Hi Joe,

Check out the rules created by atilabarut. His Kuid is 131986.

I did a search on the DLS for Wait using the search description, and checked all the search options for all versions of Trainz just to make sure I could find something.

John

try these
Wait Until Hour
author id #178892
kuid<178892:80002>
Wait Until Minute
kuid178892:80003>
hope this helps
John

Sadly, I don't think these 'wait until...' rules work in this way. If you set it, for example, to 'wait until 10 hours', the train won't depart at 10.00, but will instead wait for 10 hours before leaving!

It's strange we don't have a driver command that utilises the internal Trainz clock. It would make timetabling trains much easier!

Paul

...It's strange we don't have a driver command that utilises the internal Trainz clock. It would make timetabling trains much easier!....

I'm sure there is a command which allows you to define the wait time as "real time" (HH:MM) in terms of current session time. I think it appears in the available commands list as "wait until" or "wait until time". From memory, you then have to pick the hour from the first fly out menu and a 10 min interval from a further (extended) fly out menu and then the 1 min interval from yet another (extended) fly out menu. A bit cumbersome but it works. Sorry but I can't access my Trainz machine at the moment to check this and give more details.

It's strange we don't have a driver command that utilises the internal Trainz clock. It would make timetabling trains much easier!

Paul

Oh yes we have.
Download atilabarut's DemoWaitUntilTime, kuid 131986:1092.

regards

Well I might feel a little more interested in finding out what this mysterious layout and scenario show us if there weren't multiple missing dependencies that don't appear to be on the DLS:
DemoWaitUntilTime,<kuid:131986:1093>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:46162:14445:1>

Amtrak 802 P40,<kuid2:58843:444:1>
Unknown Location: <kuid:46162:55180>
Unknown Location: <kuid:52779:50002>
Unknown Location: <kuid:52779:52024>
Unknown Location: <kuid:52779:54000>
As demos go, it isn't very demonstrable! :eek:

Paul

OK, I've checked it out - this does work!

This rule is used with the Input Table rule - you add "time,X,Y" to the latter where X is hours and Y minutes and then this is available as a time available under "wait until time" to use when programming the drivers. Further, you can programme for the driver to obey this rule "on time" or "even when late".

This is quite an elegant solution, though it does require the programming of a second rule in order to work. Good news for timetablers!

Paul

Hello again

I,m sorry, this demo really don't work so i will explain-

You need 1. rule Inputtable kuid 131986:1012 and 2. driver command WaitUntilTime kuid 131986:1091.

In Inputtable, when you open it, you must type
time,HOUR,MINUTE

Example time,10,3 (means time is scheduling for 10:03 AM)
time,14,10 (means 14:10 PM)

In driver command WaitUntilTime must be marked. When you make schedule for driver ,you ( like drive to, or Load... ) click on WaitUntilTime and you have two options. If 'continue if late' is chosen, the driver wait until the schedule time (e.g. 10:03 ) and continue without waiting if he is late. If 'continue on time' is chosen, driver wait until the scheduled time arrives, even if it take one day to wait.

Paulsw2 ,i just finish my mail when i saw that you find solution. Never mind i'll still send this.

regards

Already built into WBE.
(Why do people download what is avaible anyway?:eek:)

...Because there's so much in the Trainz versions that it's difficult to know what's built-in versus what's been downloaded. For me I downloaded these rules a few years ago for use in TRS2004 so with TS2009, and with everything imported, I wouldn't know if it was downloaded or not when looking through the driver setup rules within Surveyor. I only remembered that they were downloaded from somewhere.

Hmm....

Maybe a suggestion for Auran would be to put some kind of identifyer within Surveyor to identify what is downloaded versus what's built-in. This would make it easier for route builders as well as drivers to know what is what.

John

JCitron, that already is there. Select "Builtin" on the search and click the equal sign (on the left). that will remove all built in items (This is in CMP)

Last edited:
Hello, I want to ask about WaintUntil. I would like to use only minutes and not hours in the script WaitUntil. Can it be done? Thanks for any answer.

Hello, I want to ask about WaintUntil. I would like to use only minutes and not hours in the script WaitUntil. Can it be done? Thanks for any answer.

I don't think so. The Wait Until is for wait until HH:MM, meaning wait until some time on the clock such as 13:15, or 18:30, for example. You may want to investigate using the Wait command. That command gives you fixed options of waiting for 1 minute, 5 seconds, etc.

-Joe
Try <kuid2:122381:10008:3> Timecheck then add <kuid2:82445:90001:9> Driver Schedule Rule as a child rule to it.

Carl

There is a wait until minute and wait until hour driver command available.

<kuid2:178892:80003:1> Wait Until Minute
<kuid:178892:80002> Wait Until Hour

Last edited:
You need erendir's 'Wait game time' script, <kuid:151055:100118>. This works likes all other 'wait' script/commands, except that it causes something to happen base on the in-game clock. Keep in mind that the script causes the appropriate action 1 minute before its supposed to, so you need to add 1 minute to the time you want the action to happen in order to keep everything on schedule.

Back