TRS2010

As far as this thread goes I am lost and confused. :confused:

From what I gather from the site only is that TS2010-EE is TS2009-WBE, just polished with new stuff added. Big insult for me, I begged my parents to get TS2009-WBE and they said ok as I was a few versions behind. I have no lost the ability to obtain TS2010-EE due to I have the newest version, they won't let me update to the newest one as I am not three versions behind like I was before.

SpeedTree doesn't look that amazing to me either. I will live with JVC and other creators tree's until I see some more good looking things from TS2010-EE that will at least benefit my needs. In fact what they (JVC and others) have done suits my needs well, I have no need for SpeedTree. This seasonal stuff I have dreamed about for some time, so there is a major plus at least.

This layering system and other Surveyor things could have easily been added on in a Service Pack. No need for this TS2010-EE thing to confuse people. I feel this is jus tanother way to make more money, but that is the idea of a business, so they are doing their job I suppose.

It seems like you [Auran] have never listened to our wants and needs to make this program better. If I was Auran I would at this point restart from scratch no matter how long it takes. I am a little tired of staying in the same place with "small improvements" that seem to make the game have more glitz and glamor. We need a new engine for this game, Period. The only way to change that is redesign everything, but not reinvent the wheel.

I am overall happy with the new edition but I feel we need more than small updates. At this rate it will take Eon's to get to the point where we want it now. I hope not to be disappointed with TS2010-EE, Trainz is an enjoyment for me, and TS2009-WBE has made it even more, lets hope this will do the same.

My two cents, that I have a feeling will get us nowhere anyways. :eek:

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited:
My take on it:
I looked into TRS2009 when it was released. I was fully aware at the time it didn't have all the new fancy upgraded content. That would be released later in the Engineer Edition. So I waited and glad I did.

Now, they finally released 2010. It is supposed to be TRS2009 EE, but instead of content alone, it's a full version of the game. I'm not going to jump and buy just yet. I'm going to wait and see if all the new content is there first. If it is, it will be exactly what they said it will be, just renamed. If they did some upgrades to Surveyor, bonus, and it's included.

Before going off half cocked, lets find out what's in it first. The official spokesmen can't say details yet so why hammer them? It looks to me Auran is doing exactly what they said they would do with the release of TRS2009. If you feel slighted purchasing 2009, you knew you would have to buy EE for the content, it wasn't a secret.

If it's not what they promised, by all means ignore the above and rant away. In the meantime give WindWalkr a break until we see what's really in 2010.

Dave....

I agree with that entirely, I would guess that they have included CMP to save all this trouble installing SP's, they are working on SP3 at this moment.
I will be reinstalling Ts2009 again when Windows7 is released and it will be great to load up Ts2010 and not have to worry about SP's! John.

I forgot about the service packs. If SP3 is included and the new content I would say they went well over what they promised. Plus they are honoring the discount voucher for purchasing TRS2009.

Dave......

Klaus

The question is not to make signals blink like their prototypes or to make them to pretend prototypical behaviour. If you ever have concerned yourself with prototypical signal boxes, especially modern ones, you have to realize that a) it is a dumb idea to put logic into signals, as in the prototype they don't have any -- the logic is in the signal box instead and covers other aspects also b) Trainz does not provide any support for implementing the logic in the right way, and the latter is the whole point I am talking about.

Its is not making the signals blink the way they are suppose to. In SCS Mike has written a whole signal script that is the signal box intelegence that any signal can run fron it, its a whole seperate script that is not directly connected to the signals, it is the logic of it as you call it. As I said contact Mike he is most approachable and good guy to deal with. As Chris has said it can be done, I just can't script to do it, so I use other tricks thinking outside the box to get my signal logic to work correctly 3 or 4 signal sets down the track. Complicated but hey it works and works pretty good.

Cheers

Lots

Your second point, i could not think of anything that i would be less interested in. Regarding Trainz or any other trainsim operation. Than playing multiplayer with a bunch of kids, who are more interested in crashing trains. Or seeing how much faster than everyone else, they can go.

With less prototypical operational knowledge than a flea on a dogs back.

I am not that dumb!:'( I love playing by the rules. Infact, if I had to do anything dumb like that, I would make a specialty route for races.

At the moment I'm severely burnt out from TRS. I've been struggling to finish routes for years. I probably won't rush out and buy TS2010, hopefully I'll regain some enthusiasm for Trainz before TS2011?? comes around.:hehe:

At the moment I'm severely burnt out from TRS. I've been struggling to finish routes for years. I probably won't rush out and buy TS2010, hopefully I'll regain some enthusiasm for Trainz before TS2011?? comes around.:hehe:

Then it's TRS2012...End of the World Version!!:sleep:

cam

Simplier way to create trains?

Ok, this is a stupid questions but will Trainz sometime get more of an automatic mode for creating trains?

What I mean is that if you want to drive a layout now, you either have to build a session yourself or download a session. Couldn't you simply place the waggons and locomotives on the layout and then have Trainz build the trains consists and put drivers in them and give them destinations? A built out function of the industry/waybill function.
This would make Trainz easier to use if you don't have to build all trains and put destinations on them if you don't want to drive alone on the layout. It would give the layouts much more life and feel more realistic. A real train driver never plans the train movements - he simply drives where they tell him to drive.

Klaus

Its is not making the signals blink the way they are suppose to. In SCS Mike has written a whole signal script that is the signal box intelegence that any signal can run fron it, its a whole seperate script that is not directly connected to the signals, it is the logic of it as you call it. As I said contact Mike he is most approachable and good guy to deal with. As Chris has said it can be done, I just can't script to do it, so I use other tricks thinking outside the box to get my signal logic to work correctly 3 or 4 signal sets down the track. Complicated but hey it works and works pretty good.

Cheers

Lots

My last attempt to explain: My only wish was to have something in Trainz, that is comparable to some equipment in the prototype which is used by every signal box system in past 50 years, and that determines whether a sharply defined section of track is occupied by a train, for example track circuits or axle counters. Trainz has triggers which fulfill a similar functionality, but since one does not have any visual feedback about the reach in Surveyor, finding the correct center and radius is a pure gamble. Equipping a larger station or even a whole layout with triggers that way would be nightmare. I proposed to have a similar object like the trigger, however not being defined by a center point and radius, but by placeable and visible trackmarks that partition the tracks into blocks, and a second trackmark object to name such blocks. Nothing more, nothing less. Especially, no country specific logic to be implemented by Auran.

Klaus

Last edited:

Right there with you as I feel the same way. I read this forum often, post my comments, and find those comments skewed in a person(s) rebuttal. Only quotes of my comments are used to generate an argument or damage a person in some manner. Funny thing is I refrain from such comments, and maybe I should just be direct in my comments from here on out.

My decision since the announcement of TS2010:EE is as follows: I do not see all the new content in screenshots on the new site, I am not buying. Two days ago I had a different opinion but I now retract that.

Last edited:
My decision since the announcement of TS2010:EE is as follows: I do not see all the new content in screenshots on the new site, I am not buying. Two days ago I had a different opinion but I now retract that.
Is it necessary to be in a hurry to make a purchasing decision about a piece of software that can't even be ordered yet?

Is it necessary to be in a hurry to make a purchasing decision about a piece of software that can't even be ordered yet?

I feel your common sense approach is doomed to failure, you are trying to herd cats, every one of which believes the sky is about to fall on them. ;)

Mike.

I must voice my disapproval at something. Sorry folks, I know we're sick of people whinging.:hehe:

The USA and UK are always looked after very nicely, always new content for those two regions. The company that creates the product is based in Australia. I understand that Auran need to target larger areas for profits. but us Aussies are being left in the dark yet again.

There is enough UK and USA content on the DLS, to find any Australian content is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Back