Download Ticket is big waist of money!

jjeff1955

Download Station Slow!

Download station is very slow loading the links to the actual content. Takes over 3 mins to get to the main download link and most of the time does not even open, just hangs. I have tried with new computers and other good working internet systems. All in all the download staion is very very poor for waisting funds on a download ticket.

Last edited:
Searched TITLE for recent uploads, decided on an item and downloaded it in less than 40 seconds. I too have a FCT. No problems.

Download station is very slow loading the links to the actual content. Takes over 3 mins to get to the main download link and most of the time does not even open, just hangs. I have tried with new computers and other good working internet systems. All in all the download staion is very very poor for waisting funds on a download ticket.

Wow.... a big waist ......of money.

I concur with the post from ...dmdrake....no issues for me and my FCT.

Your profile shows the following:
Self Employed-Computer Repair

Perhaps you should have another repair shop look at your system. Perhaps some little gremlin got into your system and another set of eyes may find the fix.

Oh, did you mean to say.... big WASTE?

Have fun,

I concur with DMDrake and Aardvark.

Trainz is a great piece of gaming/simulation software, but it can be frustrating at times when things don't go quite as planned or desired. I get tired of the seemingly constant polling of Auran's servers when I am trying to simply enjoy the Trainz environment, but it's not really a waste of my time. My waist may get impatient, but I can deal with that.

Well I must admit my downloading speed with a first class ticket at 300 kbs could be faster but I think I can live with it.:wave:

Cheerio John

All I can say is that I let mine expire once, and I was in the market for a new computer and let it slide for a few weeks. That was terrible. Sure every now and again it gets log jammed, but it usually works fine. You want misery? Try going without it.

Well I must admit my downloading speed with a first class ticket at 300 kbs could be faster but I think I can live with it.:wave:

Cheerio John

You guys don't know how lucky you all are. This has nothing to do with Trainz, but here's a few Aussie comparisons:

A friend on Optus cable may expect optimum download speeds of 150kbs, but 80-100 is average.

I'm on wireless. I got 160kbs for ten minutes one day. The average is between 25 to 50kbs. A five minute Youtube video can take up to 20 minutes to download.

Now you may realise why people who share my problem complain about large signatures and oversize screenshots.

Well, I didn't need FCT ever, and despite this I ve downloaded a plenty of content. You just have to be patient. That is all. I didn't pay for FCT so there is nothing I can complain about :p.

Could be your service provider.
Could be your hardware.
Could be the time of day you try.
Could be if you recently tried to activate the ticket.

After activating the FCT how long does it take to become live and working??

Bought mine today and was getting absolute incredible speeds of 13mb/s which was awesome, but then dropped back to an appaling 4kb/s now taking forever to download anything again.

Only bought and activated the FCT today................

Hi Pilotdude
Please see the knowledgebase article here: http://support.auran.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=43

Please remember to allow up to 24 hours for the ticket to become fully activated.

Of course, if after 24 hours it has not fully activated, then please contact the helpdesk and we will investigate further.

Hi jjeff1955

I have not seen any tickets on the helpdesk relating to this. Can you please provide more detail on the issue that you are seeing? Are you experiencing slow download speeds, or are you having trouble with the download station website itself?

Thank you

Only issue I've encountered recently is occasional slow processing of the file sizes and CMP (in TRS2006) seems to be closing when trying to download some items of JVC foliage but once it gets going don't have a problem with speed on FCT.

Please explain what you mean here, it isn't your FCT that dictates getting to the main download link on the internet, that's your OS.....
Do you attempt to download content via your CMP, or, do you go onto the download station site to obtain your assets directly, please clarify ??

And regarding the value of a FCT, I think $20.00 USD, £11.50p or $25 AUD, a YEAR, yes, 365 days / 24 hours a day, is brilliant value for money, so, stop moaning, otherwise Auran will increase the cost, and we'll ALL have to pay more.....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Hi

I have to agree with ex-railwayman here. Having not bothered with a FCT for more than a year it suddenly dawned on me that running the computer for hours on end downloading was probably costing much more than the 3p a day that a FCT costs. The other benefit is that Trainz is no longer tied up for all those hours meaning that I can get on with something much more interesting. I have had no problems with connecting or downloading so I would think it's more to do with your internet connection.

Regards

Brian

And regarding the value of a FCT, I think $20.00 USD, £11.50p or $25 AUD, a YEAR, yes, 365 days / 24 hours a day, is brilliant value for money, so, stop moaning, otherwise Auran will increase the cost, and we'll ALL have to pay more.....

To be a bit more precise, since by my calculation, there are 524160 minutes in a year, the cost of a first class ticket is less than four 1/1000ths of a cent (US) per minute, or about 1/4 of a cent per hour.

ns

To be a bit more precise, since by my calculation, there are 524160 minutes in a year, the cost of a first class ticket is less than four 1/1000ths of a cent (US) per minute, or about 1/4 of a cent per hour.

ns

Can you break it down further.......?

SI multiples for second (s)SubmultiplesMultiplesValueSymbolNameValueSymbolName10–1 sdsdecisecond101 sdasdecasecond10–2 scscentisecond102 shshectosecond10–3 smsmillisecond103 skskilosecond10–6 sµsmicrosecond106 sMsmegasecond10–9 snsnanosecond109 sGsgigasecond10–12 spspicosecond1012 sTsterasecond10–15 sfsfemtosecond1015 sPspetasecond10–18 sasattosecond1018 sEsexasecond10–21 szszeptosecond1021 sZszettasecond10–24 sysyoctosecond1024 sYsyottasecondCommon prefixes are in bold

Follow up.

Once the main download now button is up and I click that it is very fast for the download. I am talking about getting to that download button. OK I Will explain in detail. I go to the download station, I put in my password and then I am on the main page so I put in my search for what I am looking for maybe if I am lucky that page will open showing all of the links and pics to that content. But sometimes that page will open very slowly or not at all. If it does open then I click on the content that I need and another window will pop up so as to click that download button, then another page will pop up and have the button (download). Those are the pages that are very slow and sometimes do not open at all and causes Internet explorer to just hang. I have also tried with Google Chrome with the same problem. Once the main download link is up it is very fast. It is not my computers and do not insult me as I am a tech that does not know what he is doing I am 55 years old with 20 years of computer experience. that is uncalled for an degrading for anyone to say such a thing. I have been using the Download station for years and it has always been slow at the first pop up windows. And also on many different Internet computers. Maybe it is just way it is. More than likely the download station's main home page is not FTP, I do not know. I have the Trainz simulator on a non Internet computer and that is why I use the download station and save them into a folder and transfer the content to the CMP.

Last edited:
Once the main download now button is up and I click that it is very fast for the download. I am talking about getting to that download button. OK I Will explain in detail. I go to the download station, I put in my password and then I am on the main page so I put in my search for what I am looking for maybe if I am lucky that page will open showing all of the links and pics to that content. But sometimes that page will open very slowly or not at all. If it does open then I click on the content that I need and another window will pop up so as to click that download button, then another page will pop up and have the button (download). Those are the pages that are very slow and sometimes do not open at all and causes Internet explorer to just hang. I have also tried with Google Chrome with the same problem. Once the main download link is up it is very fast. It is not my computers and do not insult me as I am a tech that does not know what he is doing I am 55 years old with 20 years of computer experience. that is uncalled for an degrading for anyone to say such a thing. I have been using the Download station for years and it has always been slow at the first pop up windows. And also on many different Internet computers. Maybe it is just way it is. More than likely the download station's main home page is not FTP, I do not know. I have the Trainz simulator on a non Internet computer and that is why I use the download station and save them into a folder and transfer the content to the CMP.

Perhaps if you had been more precise in the first place that may have helped. Most of the pages you are referring to should be cached either on your machine or on your ISP server. That bit of the DLS is not as fast as it could be but most download more directly with CMP. Have you thought about putting Trinz on the internet computer and using the search and select within CMP/CM2 then transferring the items across to the second computer? That way you pick up the dependencies at the same time.

Cheerio John

I'm pretty sure the FCT only works for the download side of the process not the searching side

I have the same problem but it seems to be with explorer.I download with Downloader Pro But if I happen to click on one of the pics my system locks up while it loads in explorer,once it has loaded speed is back to normal.

From your post it seems you have the results option set to view pics then open each one you wish to down load individually then close it & open the next.Give DLP a go it gives the same view but with a list of everything on the page.You just select the ones you want & download in bulk to a location & folder of your choice.

You can get it from here
http://www.huijelte.com/blog/index.php/downloads/

Dave

Back